Old 22nd March 2005, 22:26   #1
ken52787
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to ken52787
nsvgui+ beta test

I am nearing completion on my new program, nsvgui+, and need some people to beta test it and give me feedback.

If you want to try it out, you can get it here: http://nsv.no-ip.com/index.php?optio...id=14&Itemid=1

Please tell me any bugs you find, and how you think the program can be better. Thanks in advance guys.
Attached Images
File Type: png nsvgui+.png (8.4 KB, 396 views)

NSV downloads
An in-depth step by step guide for newbies, coming soon.
ken52787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 23:08   #2
semose

Awesome man, thanks for all the hard work. I've been using your old version for a few days now and liked what it did a lot. I can't wait to try out this new one, but I can't seem to register on your site to download it... I keep getting an error about duplicate entries? Though I'm sure I only hit the submit button once...
semose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 23:18   #3
ken52787
Major Dude

Other people seem to be making accounts fine. PM me with the username and email you want to use. I'll give you a temp password that you can change at your leisure.

NSV downloads
Old 24th March 2005, 07:25   #4
ctn|chrisw
Forum King

nope, it is in fact broken. Duplicate entry for '0'

ctn|chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2005, 08:19   #5
akdrgn

okay, i am having a little problem with getting my Winamp / Shoutcast to stream over the net here, I am running the Shoutcast DNAS (GUI) - Server Monitor,

I followed the directions here yet i get this error message here..

<03/23/05@23:07:41> [source] connected from 127.0.0.1
<03/23/05@23:07:41> [source] icy-name:Ak 2600 ; icy-genre:misc
<03/23/05@23:07:41> [source] icy-pub:1 ; icy-br:256 ; icy-url:
<03/23/05@23:07:41> [source] icy-irc:#shoutcast ; icy-icq:0 ; icy-aim:N/A
<03/23/05@23:09:15> [dest: 127.0.0.1] starting stream (UID: 1)[L: 1]{A: WinampMPEG/5.0}(P: 0)
<03/23/05@23:09:28> [dest: 127.0.0.1] connection closed (13 seconds) (UID: 1)[L: 0]{Bytes: 565248}(P: 0)
<03/23/05@23:11:46> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<03/23/05@23:11:46> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (IP: 209.112.223.83:8000) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache (Connection refused))

any help would be greatly appreciated here, i would really like to get this working so that I can stream video's and music files over the internet, I figured out how to encode my files into NSV here so that is a plus now just need to fix this so I can stream them
akdrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2005, 10:59   #6
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Hi everyone:

Ken...I can't use this!

For starters, it doesn't even recognize/read my playlist (in M3U format). It doesn't even show that it's loading anything. There's no progress bar or anything to show what it's doing. This is unacceptable. I should be able to just simply "load n' go". With NSVGUI 7, I don't have this problem.

Public is a required field. Why is this? This causes bandwidth issues for me as I don't stream to some remote server and have the stream up to appease visitors to my website.

The program also still also rely on session files. While this has proven to be no biggie in the past, this sort of thing should not have to be manually loaded. This is sub-standard compared to other software.

Sorry Ken, but I'll hold off until the next version.

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Jeeper One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2005, 15:28   #7
ken52787
Major Dude

Quote:
For starters, it doesn't even recognize/read my playlist (in M3U format). It doesn't even show that it's loading anything. There's no progress bar or anything to show what it's doing. This is unacceptable. I should be able to just simply "load n' go". With NSVGUI 7, I don't have this problem.
I told about this in the Known Bugs, if you'd have read the page. It'll be fixed in the next version.

Quote:
Public is a required field. Why is this? This causes bandwidth issues for me as I don't stream to some remote server and have the stream up to appease visitors to my website.
It is required to filled in, not to be enabled. Leave it off if you don't want to.

Quote:
The program also still also rely on session files. While this has proven to be no biggie in the past, this sort of thing should not have to be manually loaded. This is sub-standard compared to other software.
It's an XML that loads instantly. What do you mean "manually loaded." Wouldn't manually loading mean not having a session file and being force to import everything everytime?

Quote:
Sorry Ken, but I'll hold off until the next version.
Thats why this is a beta test.

NSV downloads
Old 24th March 2005, 23:01   #8
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Hi everyone:
Quote:
Originally posted by ken52787
I told about this in the Known Bugs, if you'd have read the page. It'll be fixed in the next version.
Just a curious thought, why even release it as a public beta that anyone can download if it doesn't even read M3U files? Why not have a select few testers if it has issues of this magnitude?

Again....Just a curious thought.
Quote:

It is required to filled in, not to be enabled. Leave it off if you don't want to.
But the word public is in bold text just as you see now and according to the application, fields in bold text must be filled in. You can't have a field required but not required Ken. That's like trying to have it both ways. It just won't work.
Quote:
It's an XML that loads instantly. What do you mean "manually loaded."
No it does not load instantly. You have to open it manually.
Quote:

Wouldn't manually loading mean not having a session file and being force to import everything everytime?
I don't have to do this when logging on to Windows. That's because Windows already has all my settings and goes right to them.

The same holds true with many of my applications. When I open iPodder, it automatically loads all my podcast subscriptions. I don't have to tell it to do anything when it opens. Same goes for my text-based RSS Reader, Mozilla Firefox and all my bookmarks (most of which were imported from IE before I removed it), Media Player Classic and all my bookmarks there, my IM clients, and Skype.

The list goes on and on Ken. Why can't your programs do the same thing? Just curious.

As I said before, the latter hasn't been a biggie issue for me in the past, but improvements that allow automatic importing upon application booting would help.

Hope this helps

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Old 25th March 2005, 02:43   #9
mrthchemp

I think this first release is simply not intended to be fully functional hence the term BETA - Ken's explained what he intends to do and for an initial release it functions adequately. And it looks like theres some really nice features in the pipeline. And hey, its free!

BTW Jeeps, how's YOUR GUI comin' along ...
mrthchemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2005, 03:08   #10
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Hi everyone:

I'm not working on a GUI. And I'm not complaining (Okay....At least not per se' anyways).

Just making a few points

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Old 25th March 2005, 04:06   #11
ken52787
Major Dude

I already have M3U support fixed, but I'm not gonna release it til I get a few other bugs worked out.

Also, I suppose I can have it load the last used session file when the program loads. Then the program will appear to not use session files at all, keeping Jeeper happy. The reason it even has session files is because I want it so you can create and load different sessions when ever you want. Not everyone has one exclusive station that has the exact same programming all the time.

Expect an update sometime in the next few days.

NSV downloads
Old 6th July 2008, 13:20   #12
BurningAc1d

can someone reupload this gui please ?
BurningAc1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 21:25   #13
sankt

That last post is 3 years old.

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast TV / Nullsoft Video