Old 28th December 2005, 02:04   #1
emtp563

linein plugin without WinAMP running?

I just purchased a home docking kit for my Sirius Sportster sat. radio. I hooked up the line out to my soundcards line in jack. I installed the linein 1.80 plugin by Jasper VandeGronde (http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=84040) The plugin seemed to work fine, but for various reasons, I decided to uninstall it. To my suprise, I am able to play the sat. radio without the plugin OR Winamp itself running. With no programs running, I'm able to turn on the sat radio and am able to listen to it on my PC instantly. Is this a bug or a blessing in disguise?

specs are as follows:

OS- WinXP SP2
winamp- 5.12
linein plugin- 1.80
soundcard- SB Live Audigy2
Sirius- Sportster Replay (connected to PC via Audigy's line in jack via stereo miniplug/stereo miniplug).

I uninstalled the plugin, Winamp, and even searched my entire HDD for in_line.dll, with no referneces found.

Any idea whats going on, or is this suppose to happen? (soundcard line in playing without any audio apps running)
emtp563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2005, 04:42   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

"...or is this suppose to happen? (soundcard line in playing without any audio apps running)"

Yes. That's what the soundcard linein is for.

The main purpose of the linein plugin(s) for Winamp is so you can also use visualizations or Output plugins (eg. Diskwriter, MP3 Output, etc).
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2005, 04:57   #3
emtp563

OK, I didn't know you were able to just hook something up to your sound card and just start listening to it- with no intervention. It just sounds too easy :-)
emtp563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support