Old 1st June 2014, 16:52   #1
KevinSaisi

[SPLIT] Authash creation issues due to DNAS access problems

My password works on every feature/page EXCEPT create Authhash. It will not accept it at all.
KevinSaisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 20:06   #2
Reignite

I had the exact same problem. Passwords were working on every page EXCEPT creating the authhash. I am using the mediamonkey plugin. The solution was quite easy: Make sure you have "auto create" the authhash when initializing the server. Once the server is up and running, just connect your DSP plugin to the server and play some songs. It will automatically create an authhash and list the server as public (unless you checked otherwise)
Reignite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 20:13   #3
DrO

that will work assuming that the connected source is not sending invalid values when it connects (e.g. a default stream name like 'my station name').
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 20:15   #4
Reignite

update: it took about 5 minutes and then i got removed and the same problem occurs. I cannot create the hash because it doesn't accept the password. And yes, i've used "admin" and the adminpassword... Very annoying.

Disconnecting and reconnecting seems to list me as public for 30 seconds to a couple of minutes, but it always falls back to " Not listed - Empty authhash"
Old 30th June 2014, 20:18   #5
DrO

you need to provide the information requested in the first post of this thread.
Old 30th June 2014, 20:31   #6
Reignite

My apologies, i haven't read that yet, i was just eager to post a possible fix

Anyway it seems to work fine now after changing the genre to just "Chill" from the DPS plugin. Update Authhash still doesn't work though, so i will keep the debug information and send an email to support anyway.
Old 30th June 2014, 20:34   #7
DrO

what had you set the genre as? and that email is going to come back to me, so it's easier to just continue things here. though i'd really need as a starting point to know the versions of what you're using and the platform version, etc (and anything else mentioned in the first post).
Old 30th June 2014, 20:48   #8
Reignite

Sure thing. I had the genres set to "Space, Chillout, Psychedelic" in the DPS plugin. Which was obviously wrong..

I'm using
- SHOUTcast Server v2.2.1.109/win64
- EDCast Plugin For MediaMonkey v3.2.8.92 (icm. mediamonkey 4.0.7.1511)
- Windows 7 64bit
- Firefox 31.0
- Encoder: I'm streaming "MP3 Lame" encoder with a bitrate of 128.
- http://83.128.61.67:8000 (but i'm not always live).
- Directory ID: 441936
- authhash: <redacted>

Error description:

When my server was not listed as a public server due to an empty authhash, I tried clicking "create authhash" and fill in the form with correct information. After submitting it kept asking for a password, but nothing worked. When i press escape i get this message:

Error Code: NaN.
>Unauthorized
Click here to return to the Server Summary.

The same goes for the Manually Edit Authhash (after saving the form).

Now that I am listed as a public server however, the exact same problem arises when clicking "Update Authhash".

I haven't tried Remove Authhash because i don't want to mess things up.

Anything else?
Old 30th June 2014, 20:52   #9
DrO

can you pm me the contents of your complete config file please as i suspect it's something quirky with the password setup.
Old 30th June 2014, 21:03   #10
Reignite

done, though it's just the basics.
Old 30th June 2014, 21:05   #11
DrO

got it. will check through things tomorrow.
Old 3rd September 2014, 13:50   #12
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignite View Post
Error description:

When my server was not listed as a public server due to an empty authhash, I tried clicking "create authhash" and fill in the form with correct information. After submitting it kept asking for a password, but nothing worked. When i press escape i get this message:

Error Code: NaN.
>Unauthorized
Click here to return to the Server Summary.

The same goes for the Manually Edit Authhash (after saving the form).

Now that I am listed as a public server however, the exact same problem arises when clicking "Update Authhash".
sorry for the delay in this, we've tracked down the cause of the issue and the fix will be in the next DNAS (which should be at some point in the next 2 weeks barring any drastic issues).
Old 4th January 2015, 03:40   #13
Rita24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignite View Post
I had the exact same problem. Passwords were working on every page EXCEPT creating the authhash. I am using the mediamonkey plugin. The solution was quite easy: Make sure you have "auto create" the authhash when initializing the server. Once the server is up and running, just connect your DSP plugin to the server and play some songs. It will automatically create an authhash and list the server as public (unless you checked otherwise)
I take the message processing this may take a while i wait up to 9 hours to complete.
Rita24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support