Old 13th August 2010, 18:18   #1
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Something wicked this way comes..

A long time ago there was a skin, a skin featuring that most evil of creatures, the Devil Duk, long since forgotten, it lurked and waited, it morphed into a modern skin,capturing unsuspecting souls while it waited, but still something wasn't quite right with the skin.....

It wasn't until today that the skins poor author realised what was wrong with it, now he knows, now he knows what he should have done all those years ago, now he knows where his mistakes were .....

There is still time to correct things before the impending apocalypse, still time to put things right....he has one more chance...

Coming this fall to a screen near you, the Duk Side 2010 Remix, life will probably be the same afterwards, but you never can tell............

"It's the horns isn't it, chicks dig the horns...."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dukside2010.png
Views:	273
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	47437  
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 21:54   #2
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Nice Duk, Jones. It is ebil. We love it. ♥ And the horns work!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 09:46   #3
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdykats View Post
^ Nice Duk, Jones. It is ebil. We love it. ♥ And the horns work!

The little red fella and his minions watch over me on a nightly basis from their perch up on high, they made me dig this skin out again and bring it up to their standards.

'A lot wrong with it was all I was told, upon inspection there was indeed a lot wrong with it, graphical glitches, graphics that didn't kind of work, some odd colour choices and worst of all , multi coloured duks.

Apparently I'm told there is only one genuine devil dukkie colour and that colour is red, all the others are just 'try hards'.....

So red it is.......cleaned up, spruced up and fixed up.....soon.....
Old 20th August 2010, 17:56   #4
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

It's so RED.....

Preview shot of the Remix (missing stereo indicator still) v Original

More of a subtle remix, but it's fixed a lot of issues I had with the skin originally and hangs together better, (I think)

Why do it? same reason as before, I love little horny Duks..... but bugger me I can't think why I didn't think just RED before!

Download this weekend with any luck, undecided on if I should change the cursors or not.........
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dukside2010.png
Views:	271
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	47469  
Old 22nd August 2010, 02:30   #5
Duk
Major Dude

I do own a few of these guys in various colors and even one with tattoos, but the quintessential original remains RED. :devil:

Forgive my lack of proper terminology here (it's been faaar too long heh), but I'd suggest you keep that little icon in the EQ between the Main and the um, other bars? It just looks cool, yo.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tattoodukkie.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	47474  
Duk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 14:29   #6
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

You know the icon thingy, is the one thing I really hated about the original, no idea, just don't think it fitted very well..

I was reading some of the reviews for the original version of this last night, holy quack, I'd forgotten what a bile infested place winamp.com could be at times, talk about love / hate for it, reviews ranged from it being 'the best skin ever , have 10 stars!!!' to 'this is the gayest piece of shit ever go away and die you paedo!!!'

And..... even odder, I was reading a bunch of old threads on here last night, couldn't sleep, and there was a skin posted way back in 2001 by a farily high profile member of these boards, or at least they were, and bugger me, I think I must have subconsciously had their skin in mind when I sat down to make the original dukside some 8 or 9 months later as it has more than a passing resemblance to it!!! I mean, there were no duks on theirs, but the similarities are spooky....

Bizarre!

Old 29th August 2010, 15:58   #7
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Good God! He needs an Exorcism !
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:40   #8
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

now, this one, not sure if I finished or not, probably did, where it is now, no idea......bugger my machines and memory sticks spazzing out
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins