Old 4th October 2012, 21:38   #1
AndrewMcAwesome

custom skin problem

a few years ago i created a very basic skin for myself which is basically the standard custom skin but with various components colored red. yesterday i had to do a fresh install of windows and i deleted my program files before i remembered to transfer my skins, plugins, etc

since im so used to seeing the old skin, the standard classic is kind of jarring to me so i thought i would just remake it, but it doesnt seem to be working

as i remembered, i could just color over the classic skin files and put them in a new folder and it would work, but the only thing thats using the correct palate is my toaster pop up. i dont have time anymore to filter read any more faqs to see what im doing wrong, so i was hoping making a topic about it could help

i have attatched my skin for reference

tl;dr: why wont my thing work
Attached Files
File Type: zip skin.zip (132.7 KB, 308 views)
AndrewMcAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 06:35   #2
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewMcAwesome View Post
why wont my thing work
Maybe you need some blue inspiration?

Sorry, had too.

I've looked over your skin, and at first look nothing seems to be wrong... But it doesn't work like you say, I'll play with it a bit and see what I can come up with.

EDIT/ Soo I really have no clue why it's not working, but after some copy pasting I got it to work... I'm really tired right now, but if you want to do it your self.

Download this skin: http://www.winamp.com/skin/skinner-atlas/126738

What you want to do is open up the images you provided then manually copy the image in your editing software, and paste that image over top of the appropriate files in the skinners atlas folders.

Don't be over whelmed by the amount of files in there, a lot of it is for plugins. Most of that stuff you probably don't even use.

It also wont be hurt if you delete the cursor files.

Copying the .bmp files wont work, I tried it reverted to looking like the original classic. I'm not sure why it's doing this.

But opening your files in your editing software (MSPaint will probably do just fine) and editing it in the way I mentioned will make it work.

If you feel like waiting, I'll do this for you sometime tomorrow.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 15:29   #3
AndrewMcAwesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-db View Post
Maybe you need some blue inspiration?

Sorry, had too.
years away from that, buddy

but anyway, thanks, ill have to try this.

unless you're still willing to to the work for me
Old 8th October 2012, 21:46   #4
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
Yeah I meant to do it, I've just been overly tired as of late.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 17:57   #5
AndrewMcAwesome

i cant get it to work, would you mind giving it a shot?

the most important thing to me is the shuffle/repeat buttons, because the default skin's little green light is too small to notice at a glance if i turned it off
Old 24th October 2012, 19:00   #6
Veroka

Just make the zip file without that /Skin folder. I mean don't zip the folder, zip the files.
Veroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 17:54   #7
AndrewMcAwesome

damn, i got excited when i saw that suggestion, because i was sure that would be the trick, but it didnt work. ive tried it as a zip, wsz, and folder and they all have the same results too
Old 3rd November 2012, 22:37   #8
PeaceMaker
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to PeaceMaker
you need to check out some of the image sizes and compare them against the skinneratlas, as some windows are not to the same size, for example: gen.bmp is far to wide, and the little text boxes don't line up. most of the main ones are fine though.

anyway, all i have done to get your skin to show up with the red segments is to re-save every bitmap file, and thats it, then i moved them out of the folder to put them up one level, and save the zip file, which is attached.

hope this works ok for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip skin.zip (137.5 KB, 258 views)
PeaceMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 05:13   #9
AndrewMcAwesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceMaker View Post
you need to check out some of the image sizes and compare them against the skinneratlas, as some windows are not to the same size, for example: gen.bmp is far to wide, and the little text boxes don't line up. most of the main ones are fine though.

anyway, all i have done to get your skin to show up with the red segments is to re-save every bitmap file, and thats it, then i moved them out of the folder to put them up one level, and save the zip file, which is attached.

hope this works ok for you.
jsut now saw this, it worked, thanks
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins