Old 19th February 2007, 00:58   #1
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Nursing home

Being dependent on family is one thing, but being a prisoner in the care of strangers within a nursing home is something else...It's so goddamn depressing (For both oneself and for being around all the others) that if I ever live long enough to have to go to one, I would rather commit suicide...

My grandma (My dad's mom; Who's about 73 as of today) broke her leg a couple weeks ago when she slipped in her own vomit (My crackhead Aunt Barbara was supposed to be there that night since she bums off my grandma, but wasn't) and had to go into a nursing home for rehab once she was released from the hospital...We visited her earlier today in her room, since today is her birthday...She's too competant to stay at the nursing home anymore, since she can go to the bathroom by herself, but that's just something she has to prove to the staff any day now...

But it's not my grandma that's the problem...It's just everything else in the nursing home that are the problem...It's so damn pathetic watching all the old people roam helplessly around the hallways (Well, they're not exactly helpless since they can move by themselves, but they sure as hell look like it)...My dad even told me of one time he was visiting there, and a resident in one of the rooms shit in her own bed and the staff had to change her diapers...

Hell, the room my grandma was in was shared by this one other woman named Joyce...She's 49 years old (Or by now, was), and I don't know what was wrong with her, but she was dying while we were visiting my grandma...Her family was coming in to give their last goodbyes, and a priest or some family member even came in and gave a prayer for her...I know death is a common thing in life, but it's just sad having roommates come in and leave by death just on the other side of the curtain, as if they were strangers in your bedroom...

Not only that, but the place also smelled like one giant bathroom...

It's funny how my mom's parents live fine without professional care, though that may have something to do with their past careers as a doctor and a nurse...I would hate to have to live in a nursing home, either way...Places like that could really use thier own Dr. Kevorkians...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 05:29   #2
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

This seems strikingly similar to that which you would find on a blog.

Not that I read blogs or anything.
skryingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 06:40   #3
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by skryingbreath
This seems strikingly similar to that which you would find on a blog.

Not that I read blogs or anything.
Sorry I'm too tied up going out and making life observations to join you in the Bin more often...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 19th February 2007, 15:33   #4
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

It is what the attitudes of today have become - to isolate the inconvenient of families.

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 15:46   #5
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^Not always, hgniseseses! My friends grandma was heavy set and very immobile; she needed medicines, a dignified way to be able to go to the bathroom, a better way to have emergency care, should she need it, and eveyrone in the family had to go to work. They did, however, get an assisted elder care facility, which they totally checked before hand and which was ten minutes from where they could visit.
p.s. If you are nt rich, private nursing cost a fortune.
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 18:53   #6
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
Sorry I'm too tied up going out and making life observations to join you in the Bin more often...
Think about your logic for a second. You go 'out into the world' to make observations that most of us are already aware of, and you spend the time to type up the aforementioned observations. Yeah, you're right, you're way more awesome than everyone who has already known about everything you've said.
skryingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 21:11   #7
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by skryingbreath
Think about your logic for a second. You go 'out into the world' to make observations that most of us are already aware of, and you spend the time to type up the aforementioned observations. Yeah, you're right, you're way more awesome than everyone who has already known about everything you've said.
Think about logic on any internet forum; People talk about random shit whether it matters or not...I just happen to find the topic of nursing homes worth babbling more about than the shit I had to take last night...

Old 19th February 2007, 23:40   #8
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Skry's right. His threads and posts are far, far, far more original, thought provoking, and insightful. Pulitzer material for sure.

Damnit MV, you shouldn't take up skry's time with this babble about little things like life and death.

sry skry, someone had to do it...

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2007, 14:33   #9
Carmagio
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Carmagio
Old people = homes.............. don't mess up the natural balance!!!!!!!!

Every advance in knowledge brings us closer to the mystery of our own being....
Carmagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2017, 08:13   #10
timjn

A nursing home is a place for people who don't need to be in a hospital but can't be cared for at home. Most nursing homes have nursing aides and skilled nurses on hand 24 hours a day.

Some nursing homes are set up like a hospital. The staff provides medical care, as well as physical, speech and occupational therapy. There might be a nurses' station on each floor. Other nursing homes try to be more like home. They try to have a neighborhood feel. Often, they don't have a fixed day-to-day schedule, and kitchens might be open to residents. Staff members are encouraged to develop relationships with residents.
timjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions