Old 14th May 2014, 10:09   #1
PedgeJameson

Cannot find my stream listed in new shoutcast.

I'm connected but cannot see myself in the comedy genre. Social Crime Radio.
I am using the SAM2 DSP Plugin

http://206.217.201.137:8034/

Something up with the new shoutcast? I see all the other stations listed and one of them has confirmed he hasn't changed from the SAM2 DSP either.

Thanks to all who can help.

http://socialcrime.com
The Social Crime Radio Network
We're what's wrong with America...
24/7 Standup and a live show Thursdays.
PedgeJameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2014, 10:29   #2
DrO

it's listed under 'Talk' as you've got 3 genres specified for the stream "Comedy, Talk, Spoken" (as taken from the DNAS's page) and due to how the site works, it tries to pick one out of the three. to be specifically listed under the 'Comedy' genre, the source(s) for the stream need to specify just 'Comedy' as the stream genre.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2014, 10:34   #3
PedgeJameson

Ok, updated, let's see how she goes.

Thank you so much. I now take back everything I said about South Park avatars being outdated. I keed! I keed!

Old 14th May 2014, 10:39   #4
DrO

it should be showing the correct genre now.
Old 14th May 2014, 10:45   #5
PedgeJameson

You are a gentleman and a scholar. /bow

Old 31st May 2014, 15:32   #6
vhiveradio

My stream not shown via location

HI,

I also made a search and I used the word "Philippines" but I can't also see my radio station on your list. This is my radio station http://www.shoutcast.com/player/?rad...346&coding=MP3
It is listed in international, filipino. In my authash it is under the country philippines, manila so i tried to do a search but like i said i used the word Philippines but my station did not appear to your list. How can we update and fix this thanks.
vhiveradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 21:52   #7
DrO

it won't show up when searching for 'Philippines' as there is nothing in the station name which would allow it to be matched to it if the station name is 'V-Hive Radio PH'. you'd need to change the name to have 'Philippines' instead of 'PH' to appear in 'Philippines' searches.

additionally the country details are not used as part of the searches (they could be but have not been enabled due to a lack of interest by most broadcasters to update to the v2 DNAS which would make a country / location based searching work).
Old 28th October 2014, 18:37   #8
vhiveradio

SHoutcast Stream not shown in public

HI DRO,

I need your help again, my radio is set in public server in my centova account. But when I looked into my shoutcast stream admin log-in it says in the server status:

"Server is currently up and unable to access the directory. Listeners are allowed and the server will act like it is private."

Therefore I can't see my radio station whenever I do a serach at shoutcast website.
Can you help me fix the problem.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it won't show up when searching for 'Philippines' as there is nothing in the station name which would allow it to be matched to it if the station name is 'V-Hive Radio PH'. you'd need to change the name to have 'Philippines' instead of 'PH' to appear in 'Philippines' searches.

additionally the country details are not used as part of the searches (they could be but have not been enabled due to a lack of interest by most broadcasters to update to the v2 DNAS which would make a country / location based searching work).
Old 28th October 2014, 18:47   #9
DrO

using 2.4.1? if so check the DNAS error logs and ensure that cacert.pem is present in the same location as where the DNAS is installed.
Old 28th October 2014, 23:23   #10
vhiveradio

this the version now of my SHOUTcast Server v2.4.1.164
I found this error in my logs

" ERROR [YP] Request [https://yp.shoutcast.com/yp2] failed, code: 77 [error setting certificate verify locations: CAfile: /usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/vhive/cacert.pem
CApath: none] "

how can I fix this because honeslty I do not know...

Thanks!

Quote:
using 2.4.1? if so check the DNAS error logs and ensure that cacert.pem is present in the same location as where the DNAS is installed.
Old 28th October 2014, 23:26   #11
DrO

have you checked the log output for what errors it is reporting ?
as without additional information, i cannot do much to help you.
Old 28th October 2014, 23:28   #12
vhiveradio

herei is the error I just recently looked at it. thanks

" ERROR [YP] Request [https://yp.shoutcast.com/yp2] failed, code: 77 [error setting certificate verify locations: CAfile: /usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/vhive/cacert.pem
CApath: none] "

Quote:
have you checked the log output for what errors it is reporting ?
as without additional information, i cannot do much to help you.
Old 28th October 2014, 23:33   #13
DrO

until we release a new build tomorrow to fix this issue (which affects all non-Windows builds), you should place a copy of cacert.pem (from http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem) into /usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/vhive

[edit]
the additional information in the post i'd replied to previously wasn't there when my post was made.
Old 28th October 2014, 23:40   #14
vhiveradio

Hi DRO,

Sorry I do not understand much on how to make a copy of the cacert.pem and where I can find this /usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/vhive?

I am using fastcast4u.com as my host. Do you think they should be the one to do this?
thanks!

Quote:
until we release a new build tomorrow to fix this issue (which affects all non-Windows builds), you should place a copy of cacert.pem (from http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem) into /usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/vhive

[edit]
the additional information in the post i'd replied to previously wasn't there when my post was made.
Old 28th October 2014, 23:44   #15
DrO

if you don't have the means to do it, then yes it's something they would need to do for you.

otherwise, you'll need to wait for the updated build which is coming tomorrow (i'm in the process of completing and testing the fix) which resolves the issue of not being able to find that file (assuming that it is present where it's meant to be to start with).
Old 28th October 2014, 23:48   #16
vhiveradio

What happens if i ask them to do it for me? Then what happens if you guys release the patch to fix the problem after they have did what we asked them to do?

thanks.

Quote:
if you don't have the means to do it, then yes it's something they would need to do for you.

otherwise, you'll need to wait for the updated build which is coming tomorrow (i'm in the process of completing and testing the fix) which resolves the issue of not being able to find that file (assuming that it is present where it's meant to be to start with).
Old 28th October 2014, 23:57   #17
DrO

if you ask them then it'll allow things to work for you before the patched build is released.

when the patched build is released and installed, then you should notice nothing and it should just all work as expected like before the 2.4.1 update (as we hadn't tested how the DNAS is run on setups like yours and so missed the issue).
Old 29th October 2014, 00:00   #18
vhiveradio

Thanks DRO, I'll contact them right away and will keep you posted if they managed to fix the problem. Talk to you soon.

Quote:
if you ask them then it'll allow things to work for you before the patched build is released.

when the patched build is released and installed, then you should notice nothing and it should just all work as expected like before the 2.4.1 update (as we hadn't tested how the DNAS is run on setups like yours and so missed the issue).
Old 29th October 2014, 02:02   #19
DrO

the patched build is now queued for upload so it hopefully will be uploaded in a few hours time. sorry about any inconvenience this has caused.
Old 29th October 2014, 02:15   #20
vhiveradio

Nope, it's alright... I know bugs in softwares occurs at its first launch. You guys are really awesome keeping everything to work smoothly. Thanks!

Quote:
the patched build is now queued for upload so it hopefully will be
uploaded in a few hours time. sorry about any inconvenience this has caused.
Old 29th October 2014, 08:48   #21
Spanic

Vhiveradio, I had exactly the same problem as my host is Fastcast4u and what I did is I have created new authhash then stop and start centova and all worked fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhiveradio View Post
What happens if i ask them to do it for me? Then what happens if you guys release the patch to fix the problem after they have did what we asked them to do?

thanks.
Spanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 10:14   #22
DrO

Spanic: I don't see how that would work if the DNAS is not able to find the things it needs which means none of the in-DNAS authhash creation should work based on the information already provided.

though as a general observation, what is more distressing is that its users who have reported the issue and not any of the hosts that I can tell from the contact we've had so far...
Old 29th October 2014, 10:20   #23
DrO

...and build 165 is now up! the update flag will be enabled shortly (though that doesn't help if the DNAS cannot see the YP ).
Old 29th October 2014, 11:57   #24
vhiveradio

HI DRO

Here is no what happened:

Server status: Server is currently up and waiting on a Directory response.

I created a new Authash and now i a pulic

thanks!

Quote:
...and build 165 is now up! the update flag will be enabled shortly (though that doesn't help if the DNAS cannot see the YP ).
Old 29th October 2014, 12:19   #25
DrO

if you already had an authhash then there wasn't a need to create a new one *shrugs*
Old 29th October 2014, 23:11   #26
vhiveradio

yeah, that is what I thought too. But when I looked into it my old authash was gone so I created a new one

Quote:
if you already had an authhash then there wasn't a need to create a new one *shrugs*
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support