Old 10th June 2005, 00:49   #1
OneyOzFest182

Send a message via AIM to OneyOzFest182
Winamp died for good

So today I decided I wanted to listen to music on my handy dandy winamp, and I click , waiit for it to open, it starts to go, Minilyrics starts with it, had an error, wants to know if I wanna send a report or not and has to close. so after multiple times of this same outcome, I decided to stop being insane and maybe it was minilyrics, so I uninstall that...

Now I'm ready for some tunes. Sure, no scrolling lyrics to sing Numa Numa to, but I'll live. So I click ...starting...another error...sh*t...okay try again.
Click...loading...error...d@amnit...once more
click...loading...omg!
yea another error, now I'm getting angry...
SCREW WINAMP I'M UNINSTALLING, okay only half that statement is true, I love winamp, uninstalling to try if I reinstall if it will work...
installing
the anticipation sucks
and I got things to do tonight
YES!!! SUCCESS!!! IT'S INSTALLED!!!
so now I got my little in the quicklaunch again, life is good.
Click...starting...error...3x in a row...and now I'm stumped...and going insane once again...

so here I sit, posting my little story, listening to what else than WMP so any help asap on what I can do would be GREATLY appreciated
OneyOzFest182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2005, 00:55   #2
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
Information required when posting (ignore this and risk being ignored)

What version of Winamp do you have? http://www.winamp.com/player (5.092)

What are the exact details of the error message?

Do you use any other third-party plugins than Minilyrics? What happens if you disable it?

Have you tried a CLEAN INSTALL?

Please post HijackThis log (see Information.. link above).

Please post back with the requested information, else we can't help you. Thanks, jmat
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2005, 01:19   #3
OneyOzFest182

Send a message via AIM to OneyOzFest182
k nvm didn't know it would get so complicated, I run a tweaker that can adjust pitch and stuff too, and never had a problem with anything. I have the latest version of winamp and i dont have time to mess around too much so if its gonna be too much trouble then nvm for now...if there is an easy way then lemme know
OneyOzFest182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2005, 09:26   #4
Angel_Dalari

Indeed

Yes, I'm having the same problem. Everytime I reinstall, clean install or open Winamp it comes up with an error. I tried sending a report to windows. And it say's that it's got nothing to do with them (But in my personal opinion I think that it actally does). Anyway sorry Enough of that.

I really don't have a clue about how to fix it either, I've got the most up to date Winamp. but It's still not going.... I'm not really happy about having to use Windows media player... Well, for the obvouis reasons. If anyone could help... Yea... that would help... Alot
Angel_Dalari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2005, 09:29   #5
Angel_Dalari

However WINAMP 5.04 is working fine.. Ummm yea. So if anyone wants it they can get it off my using DC++..... I never have anyone downloading off me, But I'm usually on Smokin of NZFilshare

I think the new Winamp is actually bugged... No offence.
Angel_Dalari is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support