Old 9th May 2008, 06:31   #1
leap

where does album art get saved?

Hi. I searched google and I cannot find out how album art gets saved. Does it get saved in the mp3 file or something, in the id3 tag or something?

Does it make the mp3 file bigger or something?

I don't know
leap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 09:39   #2
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
It saves it in the same folder the MP3 (or other format) file is, as the album name .jpg.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 09:40   #3
leap

No. It does not. I have many song files without a .jpg file in the folder. I also checked for hidden directories and folders. There is no .jpg file.
Old 9th May 2008, 12:08   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yes it does. The "it" here being when you right-click the empty/llama art image (in either the Bento skin multi-content view File Info pane at the top, or in any Album Art view in the Media Library, or via the Artwork tab of the Alt+3 File Info Editor) and select "Get Album Art" or "Download Art", and it finds matching art, and you click "Select".

If you were referring to the art shown in the Now Playing view in the Media Library, or the Show Info pane at the bottom of Local Media library views, then those use an online database (AMG) and aren't stored anywhere on your hard drive.

Full info about Album Art can be found via our FAQ
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....did=161361#art
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 02:30   #5
leap

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/425596.html
Old 10th May 2008, 03:11   #6
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Winamp is not iTunes, two separate programs, two diffrent companies. Where iTunes saves album art is 100% completely unrelated to Winamp.

Old 10th May 2008, 21:42   #7
leap

When I view album art for an mp3 file even in winamp. There is no jpg files in the folder of that mp3 file. That url I posted said that album art can be embeded in the id3 tag as well as put on the end of a file.
Old 10th May 2008, 22:05   #8
Sawg
Forum King

Album art can be embedded into MP3 files, and Winamp can read them. BUT If you save album art with Winamp, it saves it in the folder of the file. Winamp cannot embed album art into files (but can read it).

You asked where Winamp saves album art, not where it can read it from. Which is two totally different questions.

Old 1st June 2008, 08:01   #9
TakuSkan

I've had all my album art in each album's folder on several PCs and notebooks I've had in the past, and had no problem getting Winamp to display them. But I can't seem to figure out how to get Winamp v5.531 to display the images on my new notebook running MS Vista.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible with the default 'Album Art' window, or some other plugin?
TakuSkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support