Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 21st July 2013, 22:09   #481
DrO

which sync setting are you referring to? as i don't remember doing anything specifically towards anything sync aspects (and not seeing anything obvious from your prior posts to work out what sync action you're referring to).
Old 22nd July 2013, 00:01   #482
net-cruizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
A 5.65 is planned (it's done when it's done), but this current 5.7 Beta is the same, like 5.65 will be, except of the Cloud features, like DrO said.

5.64 was the same like the older 5.7 Beta version too, except of the Cloud stuff.
I never did understand how people can't comprehend that all they need to do is remove dll files from the Winamp folder for stuff they don't want.
Actually, I'm sure pretty much everything can be removed from within Winamp itself, in Preferences, but I've always just renamed the dll files I didn't want, just so if needed, I could always restore them. (eg. something.dll.OFF)
I don't use the Cloud stuff, so I do that for it's dll, and a couple other things.
Old 22nd July 2013, 00:02   #483
DrO

people are lazy and prefer to blindly click next and then proceed to bitch about their stupidity being our fault. and so is the theory of DrO
Old 22nd July 2013, 01:27   #484
djpete
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by net-cruizer View Post
I never did understand how people can't comprehend that all they need to do is remove dll files from the Winamp folder for stuff they don't want.
Actually, I'm sure pretty much everything can be removed from within Winamp itself, in Preferences, but I've always just renamed the dll files I didn't want, just so if needed, I could always restore them. (eg. something.dll.OFF)
I don't use the Cloud stuff, so I do that for it's dll, and a couple other things.
Used to be the case but now with CLOUD even if you dont install it, the Labs part is still there so some elements of it still remain.

If someone can advise how to get rid of that I would gladly just use this version instead of waiting for separate version

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 22nd July 2013, 01:40   #485
DrO

you cannot remove it and once again, the labs node is completely separate of Cloud functionality - that is why it is there even without the Cloud functionality being installed.

i've already explained why there is a hard-coded 'labs' node in the library earlier in this thread and others (and to bitch at me about it). this is explicitly a beta build and so we are clearly indicating it in that manner. if using it is that annoying (i've forgotten it's present in my library view), then don't use the beta / labs builds and just wait for 'final' releases. it's really not that much of an issue.

or we can go with the alternative of nagging / pop-up windows and all that entails...?
Old 22nd July 2013, 01:59   #486
djpete
Major Dude

wasn't aimed or bitching at you Dr. I was just making it clear to net-cruizer that for the Beta at least for now, his system of just NOT installing what you don't want would not work completely.

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 22nd July 2013, 02:18   #487
DrO

net-cruizer's comment does still hold true as by using a beta version, you're agreeing to have the node there. other software does similar things it and for what is eventually wanted so we can let beta build users know more / point out updates, etc, a library node better achieves what is needed and so is hard-coded to be the top item.

i realise people don't like a node in there they cannot remove but you know what tough, you're using a beta, deal with the side-effects of that or we can go down the evil way of doing things. or just don't use the beta build.

[am just clarifying things, if it comes across as bitchy so be it but you get bleeding edge, there's a reasonable amount of give to be expected on what we do / don't put in such builds - which has actually gotten us more bugs / crashes fixed in the space of a few months than had been achieved in a few years]
Old 22nd July 2013, 02:22   #488
djpete
Major Dude

forgot it was just for BETA's. I have now dealt with it. Apologies

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:08   #489
dynamicradio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
which sync setting are you referring to? as i don't remember doing anything specifically towards anything sync aspects (and not seeing anything obvious from your prior posts to work out what sync action you're referring to).
The WI-FI sync setting as the change log say's "Winamp for Android wifi sync fixes." So far I've had no problems with it now.
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:34   #490
DrO

oh you're referring to the labs info page and not something specific in the main changelog. so i was correct in my response as i never did anything on fixing that, that was done by another dev (as part of the 5.64 release - we should probably get something new put on that page now for the info block).
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:33   #491
joebloggscity

DrO

A bit of a problem here.
I'm usign the latest beta version Beta 11 3435.

I listen to a lot of podcasts, usually are 1.5-2.5 hours long, so remembering positions to restart where last left off from is important.

I've got the History dll installed and been using that for years now, and it's worked perfectly well, until this version.

ON this version if I stop a podcast and then restart it starts from the beginnign again.

This is a big pain for me & many others.

Can you help? Am i missing anything or doing anything wrong?

or is there a bug somewhere.....
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:39   #492
DrO

meh, i knew i shouldn't have tried to fix http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=365975 as that would be related to things. oh well, will have to fix it (so much for what i'm meant to be working on today).
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:50   #493
joebloggscity

thx DrO.... much appreciated.

Else I need to look at the Android syncing stuff, but i use EasyUMS app to make the Android a USB stick so to link to Winamp.
Old 23rd July 2013, 16:59   #494
DrO

that took longer than i'd hoped it would. so it should be working correctly as needed with the next build which will be coming.
Old 23rd July 2013, 22:00   #495
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Winamp 5.7 Beta 12, Build 3437 now available

Changes from build 3435 to 3437

- Improved: [ml_history] Enabled the "Play Offset" column
- (for now, you can use Shift+Delete on selected items to clear values)

- Fixed: [ml_history] Tracking, podcast resume & other fixes

- Fixed: Crash on load or when switching skins under Windows Vista

- Fixed: Taskbar preview crashes

- Fixed: Crashes with Russian lang pack

- Fixed: [ml_local] Cloud Sources menu visible when Cloud components not installed

- Fixed: [pmp_p4s] Crash fix from error feedback

- Various other tweaks, fixes & optimizations
Old 24th July 2013, 00:17   #496
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
the changelog for 17 to 35 (beta 11) is seemingly missing?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 24th July 2013, 00:20   #497
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Welcome back, MrSinatra :-)

Basically, the changelog for Beta 11 was everything in the 5.7 section of whatsnew.txt
(i.e. everything listed under 5.7 in the first post of this thread).

[EDIT]

...most of which has now become the 5.65 changelog :-)
Old 24th July 2013, 12:08   #498
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Essentials Pack v5.7 Beta 4 (Build 2005) is now available.
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:26   #499
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Did Benski ever mention whether or not WA would get the R128/ReplayGain2 algorithm?
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:39   #500
DrO

he's not mentioned it afaik and there's no plans to implement it to my knowledge (trying to get things like library memory usage, cloud, etc is more of the focus then introducing new / large changes like RG implementation changes).
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:51   #501
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
Essentials Pack v5.7 Beta 4 (Build 2005) is now available.

Where is it posted? The main site only has v5.64.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Old 8th August 2013, 12:59   #502
molecular

Hi. When I open a media file in Total Commander, then Winamp is show and after a while begins to play. However, when i open media file with Windows Media Player, then quickly reproduced. I mean, there's no delay before playback.

Also, If open the file in Windows Explorer, its opens quickly.

There was the problem after installed Windows 8.
I'm using Windows 8 x64, Total Commander 8.01, Winamp 5.7.3437 Beta (This problem was observed in all versions).

In advence, thank for help.
Old 8th August 2013, 13:08   #503
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

@molecular: You are missing your plugins list. Check this forum for the Winamp Info Tool and create a report with it, then post that report here. That gives people more chance of narrowing down your issue.

Looking at Total Commander reminds me of XTree Gold...
Old 8th August 2013, 13:20   #504
DrO

i cannot remember what your specific issue is, but if Winamp is only slow to load / start playing when you're starting from Total Commander and not when using Windows Explorer then something Total Commander is doing is not right against what we expect from the native OS shell (which is all we officially develop / test against) and not from what a 3rd party replacement does (as i believe Total Commander is / tries to be). so i don't see what can be done as i'm not planning on installing Total Commander.
Old 8th August 2013, 13:51   #505
molecular

I also think, that the problem isn't Winamp. I'm opening media file with Winamp Library.
I interested, why a media file is opened for a long time.

Recommend a good and free alternative to the Total Commander, please)
Old 14th August 2013, 00:08   #506
DrO

molecular: i cannot recommend anything as Windows Explorer does what i (believe i) need and so i don't use 3rd party shells / launchers / whatever it is.

ZALTA19800: the only reason gen_crasher.dll will affect thing is if there is a crash - if everything is working correctly (as is the case most of the time), there should not be any reason for it to be causing Winamp to take longer to close or whatever it is you're trying to (not very clearly) say.
Old 15th August 2013, 05:45   #507
Aminifu
Forum King

The "?" and "query:" search term prefixes longer seem to work in the media library search box. Is there an option I could have accidentally changed to disable them?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 15th August 2013, 11:42   #508
DrO

there's no option to disable that. have tried with this build of the beta and an internal build and doing ?title has bob worked and gave me the expected results from my library. have you tried it under safe mode ?
Old 15th August 2013, 17:52   #509
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
there's no option to disable that. have tried with this build of the beta and an internal build and doing ?title has bob worked and gave me the expected results from my library. have you tried it under safe mode ?
Yes, I've tried it in safe mode and with an official skin. I've even tried without 3rd party w5s components. I've learned my lesson about 3rd party stuff.

The prefixes used to work on my system and now they don't. Something changed, but it is good to know there isn't an option I could have changed. I'll try a few more things (rebuild library, reinstall, etc) to see what happens.

[edit]
Oh well, nothing I've tried will get the search prefixes working again. I understand it should be working now, but I rarely use the feature and will try it again with the next release.

Old 15th August 2013, 22:08   #510
ujay
Forum King

What happens if you right click a ML track > Display tracks in this view by artist ... ?

UJ
Old 15th August 2013, 22:46   #511
Aminifu
Forum King

Thank you ujay, that worked and showed me that I was using the wrong syntax. I had forgot how to use the comparison operators correctly.

Strangely though, quotes are not always needed when the equal sign is used. The search always works when I use them and only sometimes when I don't.

But, thanx again for helping me see that my configuration is not broken.

@DrO, only 1 of my tracks has "bob" in the title. An old Janis Joplin tune, "Me and Bobby McGee".

Old 22nd August 2013, 14:34   #512
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Winamp 5.7 Beta 13, build 3437 to 3444 changelog

Improved: Added an up/down spinner control on the Playlist prefs page for adjusting the font size
Improved: [in_mp3] Remember the position of the stream info dialog
Improved: [gen_ff] Added a 125% scaling option (requires language pack updates)
Improved: [ml_downloads] Added 'Size' column
Improved: [ml_pmp] Added 'Date Added' column (mainly for Cloud functionality)
Improved: [ml_wire] Added an 'Update All' item on the subscriptions node
Fixed: Allow /unreg (uninstall) to work with expired beta builds
Fixed: Length not being read when set to read titles on load (5.64-specific)
Fixed: Possible crash issue on the Vis prefs page (based on crash reports)
Fixed: [gen_ff/wasabi] Crashes from received crash reports (vis + playlist + script error related stuff)
Fixed: [in_flac] Removal of embedded artwork
Fixed: [in_mp3] Display issue with APEv2 tab
Fixed: [in_wm] Crash when calculating mediahash for badly formed wma files
Fixed: [in_wm] Potential crash when handling metadata
Fixed: [ml_history] Database reset not working
Fixed: [ml_local] Integer overflow issue from the realsize changes for upper panes (5.64-specific)
Fixed: [ml_wire] Some display updates & sizing bar handling in Subscriptions view
Fixed: [ml_cloud/pmp_cloud] Various bugs/issues from crash reports
Fixed: [out_disk] Various reported localization issues
Misc: New "Send feedback" url's
Misc: Various other fixes, tweaks & optimizations
Old 23rd August 2013, 22:07   #513
jph6t
Major Dude

Text cutoff on CD/DVD Drive View

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
Winamp 5.7 Beta 13, build 3437 to 3444 changelog
I just installed Beta 13 (Build 3437) and noticed that text in the CD/DVD Drive View is being cutoff:

I'm using the Bento skin
Old 6th September 2013, 11:14   #514
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
jph6t,

I think u mean build 3444? (I can confirm your report btw)

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 9th September 2013, 15:35   #515
jph6t
Major Dude

Text cutoff on CD/DVD Drive View

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
I think u mean build 3444? (I can confirm your report btw)
Yes, typo on my part. I meant Beta 13 (Build 3444).
Thanks MrSinatra for the confirmation.
Old 9th September 2013, 15:48   #516
DrO

is an off-by-one offset issue with the dialog resource. have now fixed it internally (so can be patched in ml_disc.dll if wanted using resource hacker to alter the size of the control to being at x=1 instead of x=0 as is the case at the moment).
Old 21st September 2013, 23:58   #517
dstudd

Winamp Essentials Pack v5.7 Beta 4

Quote:
Winamp Essentials Pack v5.7 Beta 4 (Build 2005)

Download

Changelog

5.7 Beta 4:

* Updated: [gen_classicart] Album Art plugin to v0.93 (thanks DrO)
- fixed an error message on Winamp close
* Misc: [Installer] increased minimal required Winamp version to 5.7.0.3437
Could you please enable the download link for Winamp Essentials Pack v5.7 Beta 4 (Build 2005)?
Old 22nd September 2013, 00:03   #518
DrO

the Essentials Pack (EP) is being re-worked so that cannot be done at the moment. plus i'm doing a code review and update of all of my plug-ins which were in the EP so until that is done, there is not a version available. plus the main fixed plug-in in that EP release can be gotten separately at http://nunzioweb.com/daz/gen_classicart/ anyway (which is newer than what was in the EP).
Old 22nd September 2013, 00:09   #519
dstudd

Quote:
the Essentials Pack (EP) is being re-worked so that cannot be done at the moment. plus i'm doing a code review and update of all of my plug-ins which were in the EP so until that is done, there is not a version available. plus the main fixed plug-in in that EP release can be gotten separately at http://nunzioweb.com/daz/gen_classicart/ anyway (which is newer than what was in the EP).
Thanks.
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:52   #520
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Would it be possible to put in an option to disable the firewall configuration during the install? It takes a bit of time (sometimes) to process and I'm not using the Windows firewall anyways.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion