Old 19th November 2009, 17:52   #1
fiShbRaiN

Symba

Hi all, (hey there Zylot! )

Sorry... I am not posting any new presets

Although, I will post a visual thingy...

Just a nostalgic visit, it's been a while since I've been here. Fond memories. This forum was a great place to hang out. Vibrant. Imaginative. Supportive.

I see a lot of new presets, and the jaw-dropping pixel shader stuff (like martin's presets)... brilliant stuff.

I remember mentioning the Amiga, and being called 'old skool' for it ...although I wrote stuff for the C64 and Vic20 too. I'm turning 40 (24th November)... lol.. not sure of the age of the "average" milk dropper.

But lactose spelunking is/was so much fun... so very much fun. And so much fun sharing and remixing presets.

(All hail the Geiss-mesiter!)

I've been keeping busy, as we all do...

I thought I'd post a "visualizer thing" link

Symba

this is a "genetic algorithm visualizer" of sorts... you can download the FLASH (.swf) program too, there's a link.

last 2 years been working with a mate on an online horse racing game. growing nicely. he does HTML/PHP and i do FLASH. check it out:

Track King

So, just wanted to quickly share some things I've been up to. And say "Hi" to all.

Cheers,
fiShbRaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 01:40   #2
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
Hi there.
Welcome back, I'm your greatest fan! just kidding, but i remixed your witchcraft wave in a hundred variants or so

Nice to read that you're doing Flash programming now.... Actually I'm finishing my universitary studies - and i guess my journey will take me on that web technology branch too. But more on the Web Services, Java/AJAX, Google Widget Toolkit frontier.
yesterday i mashed up the google maps web service with yahoo's weather forecast. Next step a facebook or google wave app? who knows. Web2.0 has finally got me. I even have a Twitter account since only a few hours.

On now to Symba: Man, this looks like a Spore prototype! Quite some years ago i ran into Framsticks. It's cool. I defined some stick figure walkers with some muscles and a primitive neural net and let them evolve to become faster or higher jumping.

When you tell about horse races, I think of the Eclipse Java development environment and electronic music. dark or light, I'm an audio-visual guy - chaos magick ftw!

Last edited by Flexi; 20th November 2009 at 02:09.
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 14:40   #3
Zylot
Major Dude

Hey Fishbrain, Flexi. Funny you should mention flash....

(Yeah it hasn't need updated in eons, but my work never stops.

Specifically: Lazer

-------------
What do you wish for?
--Instrumentality
Zylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 05:39   #4
fiShbRaiN

Lazer... nice

i have a kind of love-hate with FLASH... anyone else?

somethings are so cool, others, it takes a bit of research and experimenting to figure out what the hell its doing... been at it tho' for about 10 years (so hopefully i learnt something), lol, i used to teach multimedia for a while too.

although, not (as yet) a big fan of AS3.

...not after investing so much time in AS2 anyway.

been getting into FLASH LITE in the hope of making some mobile phone games.
fiShbRaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:11   #5
Zylot
Major Dude

I have not yet seen AS3... but I love AS2. Half the fun of flash is tricking it into doing things it normally doesn't.

-------------
What do you wish for?
--Instrumentality
Zylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets