Old 10th August 2012, 03:47   #1
pgropp

Exporting Playlists - Doesn't export all songs!

Okay, so I've synced my iTunes to Winamp. I've synced the playlists to Winamp. I've synced those playlists to the microSD which goes into my phone. Then I've exported the playlists to the microSD.

Everything seems to work fine. The phone reads all the music, and shows the playlists. However, for some reason, not all the songs are in the playlists. One playlist is meant to have over 700 songs; only 140 are in it. Another is meant to have 74; it only has 42. All the songs are in the playlists being exported from Winamp, and all the songs are on the microSD that has the exported .pla files.

Any idea why the playlists don't show all the songs, even though the phone reads the files fine (they're all mp3s), and they're in the playlists in Winamp when they get exported?
pgropp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2012, 13:38   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Look at the playlists in a text editor (like notepad). Are the song locations correct?

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 02:06   #3
pgropp

It looks like it, yeah. Looking at the playlists through Winamp, all the files come from the same directory, \Users\Paige\Music\iTunes Media\Music\, followed by the artist name folder and the album folder. And all of the songs are physically on the microSD card which is in the phone, along with the exported playlist.
Old 13th August 2012, 02:44   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

I meant do the playlists on the phone or microSD card have the correct locations of the songs on the microSD? If the playlists are correct and the songs are on the card, there is no logical reason for them not to show up, unless some of the songs on the card are 0 length files (just their names).

Old 14th August 2012, 09:56   #5
pgropp

No, the locations of the songs in the playlists on the microSD are still to the destination I mentioned above. But the odd thing is that some of the songs do still appear in the correct playlists, but there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to which songs show up in the playlists and which ones don't.

I can't work out how to make the destinations in the playlists correlate to the song locations on the microSD card. I also need the playlist types to be .pls, as the phone I'm using is a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus. Winamp automatically puts the playlists on the microSD as .m3u but obviously that's no use to me.
Old 14th August 2012, 10:08   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

What happens if you move the .pls files off the microSD and rename the .m3u to .pls?

I believe the .pls files are still text files, so you should be able to open and 'correct' them in notepad.

Either way, this is a 'sad' fix for the problem. Have you looked at the options in General Preferences?

http://www.winamp.com/help/Winamp_Pr...ary:_Portables

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
export, mp3, playlist