Old 23rd December 2007, 18:35   #41
aaaaa

Hi. I have a problem
When I press "shift and enter" i ML nothing happens.
How change this?

I want to enqueue internet radio station to playlist.

Thx to answers.
aaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 19:06   #42
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

I assume you're referring to: Media Library > Online Services -> Shoutcast Radio

It would seem that Shift+Enter is broken in 5.5/5.51

For now, you will need to use right-click -> Enqueue
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 19:38   #43
Elvis-Jack

Media Library Window is no flully visible

Because of having this problem mysef i have to fond a totaly new way of resolving this problem (i.e. hiden Media Library Window., before i fond this forum. I connect a second monitor to my computer and set the video settings to place the second monitor on the top of the one i was using and aply settings. Now if i open Winamp and the Media Libray i could finaly have access to the top of the Media Library Windows, on the second monitor, and drag it back where it shoul always have been.

Also the solution of the studio.xnf also works if you are able to find it and do it the correct way. This way you didn't need a second monitor. It's worked for me too.

A supplementary and important info is how this behavior occurs (DO NOT do it unless your are sure you can repair it):
1. You open a Playlist and add songs in them.
2. You want to burn them. So you open The Media Libray and the window is at is normal place but the Playlist hide it and...
3. You reduce to docksize the Playlist and VoilÃ_ the Media Library get off screen. You're stuck! Unless...
Hope i helped some people!
Elvis-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2008, 19:50   #44
lindylex

Thanks, DJ Egg

DJ Egg, I signed up just to tell you thanks for being so knowledgeable. I learned so much about this application in less than 3 minutes because of you, cheers. I wish I could buy you a beer.

Thanks
lindylex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 11:39   #45
RADicaLMMS

I also have a dual monitor setup with the second desktop running 'extended' on my component video output on my HDTV.

However my Winamp classic skin 5.551 Media Library still goes off screen eventhough I always keep it on my 'primary monitor'. Not only does it go off screen, the media library window also expands itself to some huge size.

Only way I notice it doesn't do that is, if I keep the window size slightly smaller and not expand it edge to edge on my primary monitor. Earlier it would move off screen when I swicthed off my extended desktop if it was expanded it edge to edge on my primary monitor.

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo
ATi HD 4650 1 GB
2GB SDRAM
Primary monitor resolution: 1280 by 960
Second monitor (Philips CRT HDTV) resolution: 720 by 480 (480p)

Screenshot
http://i42.tinypic.com/5ziek6.png

Will this be addressed in future releases?
RADicaLMMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 00:35   #46
broddybounce

Here's another fix...

I, too, just had the problem of not being able to find the Winamp main player window on my screen -- but discovered a completely different fix than those described above.

How it went was this (in case others had the same problem): I switched from a high quality monitor (capacitors went bad) to an older one I have until I get a new one. In doing so, I had to change my screen resolution -- but the screen resolutions that the old monitor allows are much different than the other one I had been using, and I'm not able to reach the very high resolution I had been using.

Because of all this, for whatever reason, the Winamp player got temporarily "corrupted" and would not appear on the screen. Mind you, I was using the Bento skin.

I started to look through this thread and try some of the ideas, but nothing was working. Then a thought occurred:

How about going into the "Skins" option and changing from Bento to Winamp Classic? Well -- it worked! The player popped back on. Then, I wondered, with this resolution, if I'd ever get Bento again. Well, I chose it -- and it worked!

So, if anyone has this problem -- try this very simple solution first before doing anything else.

Good luck!
broddybounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 08:28   #47
FaeGiN

I tried changing skins before as I have the same problem with the main player window broddybounce. It doesn't always work and also...I don't want to have to be doing that every time I just need to quickly say...change track or adjust the volume, equalizer, etc. That might work for the odd time it is needed but it cannot be used as the main way to make the main player window appear on screen...

Fae
FaeGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 13:14   #48
Ray Ayanami

[edit: delete]

Last edited by Ray Ayanami; 21st June 2010 at 13:17. Reason: problem solved
Ray Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 15:13   #49
Detronix

I'm pretty disappointed to say that I tried pretty much all the theories to getting the problem fixed which were posted here, but none of them worked. In the end I had to un-install then Install winamp, which in it self is not such a big problem, other than the fact that iv lost all my song ratings!

I hear that when rating songs with other media players like Media monkey, the program marks the actual file or something, so that the file keeps the rating with it.
Media monkey is also able to minimise it self to a mini bar player in the windows 7 taskbar.
Come on guys? get with it, we want these features!

By the way, my Media library was there all along but its content was blank. It technically disappeared, but the box that it was men't to be in was perfectly visible.
Detronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 16:07   #50
JonnyMac

Quote:
my Media library was there all along but its content was blank. It technically disappeared, but the box that it was men't to be in was perfectly visible.
Maybe this...
Quote:
From the Common Issues section of the Troubleshooters Sticky...

Grey/blank Local Media views in Media Library
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=304613
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=306117
Winamp does have Win7 Taskbar integration. From the Winamp 5.58 Released thread

* Improved: New Previous/Play/Pause/Stop/Next toolbar buttons for Win7 taskbar

I don't have Win7, so I don't know to what degree that works to.

Ratings in metadata/tags is a new feature in Winamp and is available for MP3s. It is still a work in progress, see the Winamp 5.58 release notes

There is a backup tool available for Winamp's settings and data. Winamp Backup Tool.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 10:20   #51
ximike1006

I get it on the task bar. I've tried the restore. I've I'm totally dumb about any of the technical issues here. I haven't used any special skin on it. Its not the classic winamp so it must be this modern that I've been reading about. I use windows xp pro.
ximike1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 19:39   #52
DJ-Jori

everyone thanks a lot, specialy dj egg...

i use winamp to search for songs when i preform as DJ.
when winamp stopped workins this weekend my preformance got a bit... messed up.
so, THanks a lot, again....
DJ-Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 22:13   #53
InspectorDubplat

Every seems to have lost their library off the screen. After playing a video my library decided to just go blank? Yes I have tried everything posted, and yes Ive tried switching skins, they do have the ML window but its empty and I cannot add music to it
InspectorDubplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 22:18   #54
InspectorDubplat

Sorry, i missed this link above http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=304613 for the blank library issue just go to %appdata%\Winamp\Plugins\ml then close winamp and delete "main.idx" thank you to Medley for this fix
Old 16th February 2011, 22:28   #55
InspectorDubplat

sorry, last reply, when DJ egg says winamp\plugins directory, this isn't in program files.. it might be confusing as this too has a plugins folder with a file called gen_ml, which is a dll file in this location. You must go here %AppData%\Winamp\plugins for the config file stated.

Old 11th June 2011, 18:12   #56
Niri.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by siebe83 View Post
If I understand you correctly, you tried this, but you still can't make ML smaller?

If so, look for these lines in the same file:
mw_width=
mw_height=
And set the values to eg.
mw_width=550
mw_height=319
Thank you so much, that worked.
Niri.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 11:32   #57
Thanquol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrown View Post
I downloaded Winamp 5.3 yesterday and added all of my media to the library. Everything was working fine when I closed Winamp. When I went to reopen Winamp, the Media Library didn't open with it. I clicked on the "ML" button several times and nothing happened. I looked at the menus and at times the Media Library was either checked or unchecked (depending on when the number of times I had clicked the button) but it did not appear either way. I also read this forum and deleated the studio.xnf file hoping that if the media library was off the screen and I didn't know it, that this would fix the problem. It did not.

My computer runs on Windows XP Professional,..
Hi, I have the same problem - I have winamp for a long time, all my musis running through the Media Library but since yesterday it is gone. I downloaded newest version and tried to manually add media but error showed up and i had to close the winamp. Tried to delete the file you typed but it did not help.
Here is a screenshot http://i.imgur.com/Z7Xy1.jpg
Thanquol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 11:35   #58
DrO

Quote:
From the Common Issues section of the Troubleshooters Sticky...

Grey/blank Local Media views in Media Library
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=304613
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=306117
-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 12:18   #59
Thanquol

Quote:
Just delete main.idx
You can probably keep the same/original main.dat file.
This helped, Thank you!
Thanquol is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support