Old 9th February 2011, 21:11   #1
JoeyC

Need Settings Help

I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit on a laptop. I have an external USB card into which I plug the cords for my headset with attached microphone. I am using Winamp 5.601and just downloaded Shoutcast 2.1.3

The music plays if in the Input tab I select Winamp. Prior to downloading this update, I would select Soundcard Input in order to use the microphone. Now, I am unable to get the microphone recognized within Shoutcast. If I look in the Recording tab, I can see the mic is recognized, but not within the Input window of Shoutcast.

My current settings in Sound, Recording are:
Stereo Mix -- Default device
Microphone SB X-Fi Go! -- Ready
What U Hear -- Default communications device

What do I need to change in order for my microphone signal to be recognized within the Input tab of Shoutcast?

Ideally, I would like to get away from what I have been doing--which is to toggle back and forth on the Input tab in Shoutcast, using Winamp for music and soundcard input for the mic. Are there settings I can make that will allow me to stay on soundcard input, and use the Push to talk button when I want to speak? (First, of course, I need to get the mic signal recognized!)
JoeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 09:14   #2
DrO

the plug-in needs to be fixed, that's the basic answer. you can try enabling the 'listen to this device' option on the mic but really without the plug-in being fixed (on my never-ending todo list, heh - i know what needs to be done and i've got code which can capture the audio from the device on Vista / Win7 but haven't had the time to work on feeding it directly to the encoders) i really cannot make any proper suggestion other than maybe looking at one of the virtual audio cable solutions to get things re-routed so it's all going through the required output (is the only thing i've seen from someone else vaguely trying to do the same thing).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support