Old 14th May 2017, 07:03   #121
ariszlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjax View Post
I did they work; maybe you are cached...
Now they work for me, too. Thank you!

Quote:
Though, they will be auto-converted to zip.
The file extensions are not changed for me: classic skins download with .wsz extension and modern skins with .wal extension.

The new search feature is much better: it finds skins instantly.
ariszlo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 01:48   #122
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
Awesome; and thank you.

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2017, 23:41   #123
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
Apparently, as I provided a way for members of our 1001skins...a way to register and use uploads, forums, posts and etc; hackers have been attempting to grab credentials for logging into the backend of the site.

On average I receive hundreds every minute on the server. While my host has done much to reduce the attempts to brute force reg/login from thousands to hundreds...I have decided, that I am over dealing with the constant threats made against my little free website.

1001Skins.com | Will finally be shutting down at the end of the month. I just don't have the time to commit to keeping everything good when the site usage keeps falling month over month, no one uploads anymore and it is being brute forced to death.

I will likely keep the domain for a few years; in case I change my mind...but, I doubt this will occur.

------------------

Peace.

1001skins |
Old 11th July 2017, 04:49   #124
musicf8

Send a message via AIM to musicf8
Rummaged through archive.org, almost hit 19 years since the site got it's own domain. Kudos for keeping it going that long. It's always sad to see old sites go, but it happens and you gotta do what you gotta do.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp 5.8: 1/5/2017

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 06:10   #125
ariszlo

Quote:
I just don't have the time to commit to keeping everything good when the site usage keeps falling month over month, no one uploads anymore and it is being brute forced to death.
Still, it would be a sad loss if all those historical skins went down. Why not just turn it into a read-only archive like AllWinampSkins.com, only much richer?
ariszlo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 01:26   #126
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

I've thought about that in the past; Enticing as it is the hosting still costs money. And considering that all the skins are indexed, linked and derived from a database...ie the files aren't named like u upload ... think 1277.wsz and it's omg is 1277.png

Kinda hard to put the pieces together without the an which adds to hosting costs.

Though, I got it to around 70.00 yearly...

1001skins |
Old 12th July 2017, 01:27   #127
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Mostly due to ad blocking...revenue hasn't covered the cost of the site for years. So, ya.... ::soon::

1001skins |
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins