X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xlordvader
    • Feb 2011

Wifi sync connect/disconnect option

So I have been using Winamp on android ever since it released and been happy with the progress they have made.

I have one suggestion that would make some of their wifi sync issues disappear.

The current problem with the sync involves around the auto sync function which sometimes fails to connect. The only simple fix I have found is to disable/re-enable wifi sync on android and restart winamp on the desktop.

The wifi sync being automated also causes one more problem. The phone is always connected to the computer at home even when the feature is not being used. It causes a noticeable usage in battery. Especially if you are at home on wifi and have Winamp always open on your desktop.
    I have tried the eject device option on Winamp on my desktop. But it somehow connects on its own after sometime.

SOLUTION:
    Won't it be simpler to give the option to connect to the desktop on the android device instead. That way they user has complete control over the connection and its easy to disable and enable the connection back to resolve any connectivity issues.
    Also keeping a list of devices to connect to will give the option for the user to choose which computer to connect to.
  • xlordvader
    • Feb 2011

I feel this deserves a bump. Anyone has any better ideas ?

Comment

• xlordvader
      • Feb 2011

Still hating the sync options. Auto sync has flaws and isn't a 100%

Definitely an idea to provide for a manual connect/disconnect option. Instead of going into the settings and disabling the auto connect (in Android). This procedure ends up requiring you to restart both Winamp on the computer and the phone.

This definitely should be an easy fix

Comment

Working...
      X