Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions

Old 5th October 2016, 14:43   #1
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

SHOUTcast DNAS 2.5.1 (Build 724) 28th Jan 2017

This build is our new update and introduces new features as listed in the “Changes” section below, as well as addresses bugs reported in the previous build. It is recommended to update to this build as soon as possible over any previous DNAS builds being used due to the stability, security and other compatibility improvements it provides.

This release is now available for the following platforms:
  • Windows 32-bit (Windows 2000 and up)
  • Windows 64-bit (Windows XP64 and up)
  • Linux
  • Linux 64-bit
This release is currently not available for the following platforms:
  • BSD (8.x)
  • Raspbian (Raspberry Pi - works on RPi A/A+/B/B+ and RPi2 with the same compile!)
  • Mac OS X (Intel)
We hope to have builds for Mac, BSD & RasPi available ASAP.
For now, you will need to keep using v2.4.7 instead. Sorry.

Downloads

You can download the updated version of the DNAS via the main download page: http://www.shoutcast.com/BroadcastNow
Note that registration is now required.
For already-registered users, the download link can be found in your RMO.

Note: There was a silent update to build 2.5.1.723 on 28 Oct 2016 which fixed a couple of bugs with the initial 30 Sep release.

Changes

See http://yp.shoutcast.com/v/2_5_1 for all changes in this release.

The main changes between v2.5.0.715 and v2.5.1.723 are the plethora of monetization-related, stability and other general fixes....

Changes between 2.5.1.723 to 2.5.1.724

Getting Started

If you already have a running instance of the 2.x DNAS then there should not be any issues with replacing your current version with this new version.

If this is a new install then make sure to read through the information in 'Readme_DNAS_Server.html' and the related documentation as well as considering using the setup mode which should make it easier to get started over all prior 2.x builds (and 1.x based releases).

Finally, all current copies of the documentation are included with the installer / archive and is the recommended point of reference for this release. The information found online at http://wiki.shoutcast.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Broadcaster for the DNAS server might still be out-of-date in places....

Reporting Issues

If you do come across an issue with the DNAS, then please post in this thread with as much information as possible about what you're doing at the time, the system you are using and anything else which will make it easier to understand what is or isn't going on with your install.

Posts relating to authhash management issues will be ignored as this is not the thread for posting such issues. The correct thread is here.

However, where sensitive information is concerned, we recommend that use the support/help system instead, either via support@shoutcast.com or the forms at:
http://help.shoutcast.com/customer/portal/emails/new | http://help.winamp.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Known Issues

The following are known issues or known changes which may have an impact when using the current 2.x DNAS release:

Refer to: DNAS v2.4.7 Known Issues

______________________________________________________________________________________

A big thank you to DrO for all his hard work and contributions with this release (up to v2.5.0) and over the years!

Discussion about previous versions of the server including changelogs can be found in the following threads
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 03:39   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 14:11   #3
WizardX

Somehow since we implemented the 2.5.1 we encounter that we have less simultaneous users and drops when a specific range is reached. No errors in the logfiles. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	489
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	52699  
WizardX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2016, 12:58   #4
WizardX

Anyone else upgraded and encounter the same troubles?
Old 11th October 2016, 16:11   #5
Sockets

I tried to download this version but it's listed as a member of the Win32/Varpes family of Trojans. Here's the Windows Defender log:

Quote:
Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
containerfile:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\FilesStash\AF7995D0-A2D9-F81E-8D9C-75ADF56FA2E3_1d2249a52ffee3d
file:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\FilesStash\AF7995D0-A2D9-F81E-8D9C-75ADF56FA2E3_1d2249a52ffee3d->(MPLC)
file:C:\Users\Hunter\Downloads\sc_serv2_win64-latest.exe
webfile:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\FilesStash\AF7995D0-A2D9-F81E-8D9C-75ADF56FA2E3_1d2249a52ffee3d|http://download.nullsoft.com/shoutca...exe|chrome.exe
webfile:C:\Users\x\Downloads\sc_serv2_win64-latest.exe|http://download.nullsoft.com/shoutca...exe|chrome.exe
Sockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 22:49   #6
WizardX

I found out why we had these buffer issues. We we're using streambackupurl which was offline. When we brought the backup stream online or when we commented out the command from the config all problems we're gone all of a sudden.
Old 15th October 2016, 17:08   #7
dopelabs

Send a message via AIM to dopelabs
in the changelog it says:

Quote:
Added support for direct HTTP sources (e.g. Icecast based sources) to be accepted when providing MP3 and AAC based stream content)
how exactly does this work?
dopelabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 21:15   #8
perfectlemon

Setting autodumpsourcetime to 0 increases the CPU usage for sc_serv from 1% to 40-80% constant.
perfectlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2016, 17:34   #9
radublack

SHOUTcast Server v2.5.1.723/win64 is not working on my vdj 8.1 infinity I have an broadcast error : impossible to connect to server localhost !

Any ideas ?
radublack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 16:33   #10
Yusadolat

Can someone drop the link to download the updated version for Linux (Ubuntu)
Yusadolat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2016, 05:33   #11
BDorin

Hello,

I found a problem with this version same error every time i installed for ten times and the same

"[YP] Request [https://yp.shoutcast.com/yp2] failed, code: 1 [Protocol "https" not supported or disabled in libcurl]"

I Installed an older version and its working, but with this version is not working, i setup the Authhash and all but is not working.
BDorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2016, 10:46   #12
Desavil

DJ tag bug legacy v1.
Old source clients (ex. sc_trans) to update current song execute "admin.cgi?pass=xxx&mode=updinfo&song=songname" without "dj" argument (is understandable). If "dj" argument is empty or not set, the <DJ></DJ> tag is removed from the stats (https://x.x.x.x:8000/stats). I use password format: dj name:xxx:#1

Please fix it.

Quote:
Changes from 2.0.0 build 29 to 2.2.0 build 107:
(16th October 2013)

Added 'Stream DJ' (if known) on the stream admin pages as well as <DJ/> in all statistics for getting the current DJ of the connected source (more formal specification than fiddling the IRC / AIM / ICQ values as used with 1.x DNAS setups)

Added 'dj' parameter to the 'updinfo' action to allow for scripted updating of the 'DJ' reported for a stream (useful for legacy source software)
Desavil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 05:18   #13
BDorin

I tested another time with pieces from a previous archive with this new one and i found the problem, the problem is in sc_serv, only developers of the script can edit that.

I use the version SHOUTcast Server v2.4.7.256/posix(linux x86) and works great only the flash player don't work.

In a few seconds got indexed in the directory and works fine, but with this version SHOUTcast DNAS 2.5.1 (Build 723) 30th Sep 2016 the "sc_serv" is broken you get not indexed and the code is code: 1 [Protocol "https" not supported or disabled in libcurl].

Happy Holidays all !
BDorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 19:50   #14
awake4real

linux defunct.

I'm giving up maybe because the winamp (can't actually even find the download link for Linux) let alone the dsp for shoutcast. actually got a way down the road with dnas but the linux system seems unable to implement the things necessary to get an online radio up and running. so discouraged. dan
awake4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 15:28   #15
cesarlwh

I have a problem, in Google Chrome, windows media player and winamp v5.666 the streaming play just one second and stop.

How to resolve this?
cesarlwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016, 23:24   #16
Desavil

I suggest add "*" char that replaces any string in "Block User Agent".

For example: WinampMPEG/*
To block all connections with Winamp regardless of the version.
Old 9th December 2016, 23:42   #17
NikolaBeograd

I have the same problem. After a certain time without any particular reason streaming begin to fall as well as in your picture just falls sometimes higher. Virtually disappears in a moment 50% of users ... Before this I used version 1.9.8 of more than 9 years and everything worked perfectly. Does this happen to everyone who installed this version SHOUTcast Server v2.5.1.723/posix(linux x64)?
NikolaBeograd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2016, 18:57   #18
Desavil

Autodumpusers bug in SHOUTcast 2
The option autodumpusers is ignored in SHOUTcast 2 or not working.
If I kick source all listeners disconected. If the source of the same disconnect listeners not disconnecting in the player.

Details: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?p=3075151
Old 25th December 2016, 05:48   #19
jcnyct

Does anyone have a solution/fix for the endless buffering/interruptions with SHOUTcast v2.5.0.715?

I recently moved to shoutchast V2 but it's been a disaster. I created a shoutcast v2.5.0.715 stream but it stops and goes all day long - I setup my previous shoutcast V1 stream to relay from shoutcast V2 stream and it works fine. However, every time you connect to the shoutcast V2 stream it's full of interruptions

thanks for any help
jcnyct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:35   #20
qgazq

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnyct View Post
Does anyone have a solution/fix for the endless buffering/interruptions with SHOUTcast v2.5.0.715?

I recently moved to shoutchast V2 but it's been a disaster. I created a shoutcast v2.5.0.715 stream but it stops and goes all day long - I setup my previous shoutcast V1 stream to relay from shoutcast V2 stream and it works fine. However, every time you connect to the shoutcast V2 stream it's full of interruptions

thanks for any help
Me too

It sounds similar to the known issue point 3 on http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=373139 however that says it should be fixed in the current release.
It also says it only happens with v2 clients and sources. In my case its happening no matter if its a v1 or v2 source and with both types of client.
It doesn't happen to every single connection, but does happen to most.
You see the client connect, gets a little data in the buffer then pauses. After 30s the connection drops and the tiny bit in the buffer is played.
I don't know if it help but the source is sc_trans, so may or not be related, can the other posters cesarlwh and jcnyct confirm if they are using sc_trans?
I haven't yet but if necessary I could try other combinations of source and try and find a pattern?
Shoutcast v1 is fine and so is an old v2 version I have 2.2.1.109

For now it basically makes this v2.5 unusable, and the v1 server (and older v2.2) isn't supported by Chrome any more. I've currently got a relayed patched v1 server which is doing the job, but its obviously not the ideal solution!

Regards
QGazQ
qgazq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:28   #21
neralex

qgazq, the issue on point 3 was related to the using of sc_trans as source with v2 protocol and winamp als client. On this time it has worked with other native players like VLC and MediaPlayer. The Workaround was to force sc_trans to use the v1 protocol - not more. The same issue was highlighted with SAM brocaster with v2 protocol.

If you tried to to switch both protocols in sc_trans and you are still getting the same issue, then I guess this is not familar with point 3. But I guess the real issue is sc_trans because it was never moved out of the BETA status before the official support was closed some years ago. sc_trns has a lot of ugly bugs. I worked with it 4 years and after more and more issues I have decided to switch completely to Liquidsoap with a amazing result - related quote: "...but the learning curve is steep."
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:11   #22
Desavil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnyct View Post
[...]
I have reports from my customers with similar problems.
Old 8th January 2017, 15:08   #23
Desavil

If we using SAM Broadcaster and "Sampling rate" is set different than 44100 Hz, streaming buffering and interrupts.

A lot of my customers noticed this error and we found such a relationship.
Old 13th January 2017, 18:36   #24
perfectlemon

increasing the number of "logrotates" and/or "logarchive" only affects the sc_serv logs . I think it might be a small oversight that it does not also affect the w3c logs?
perfectlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 13:05   #25
Roger Hågensen

Shoutcast DNA bugs

Shoutcast DNA bug #2

Tested Shoutcast DNA 2.4.7 and 2.5.1 x86 (x64 not tested on either)
Tested Shoutcast Source DSP 2.3.5

If configuring mount 2 as a backup for mount 1 like this:
streambackupurl_1=127.0.0.1:8000/stream2

and the server has been started/restarted then the backup will not work unless mount 1 is connected (touched) by a source first.
Error: None shown in log
Expected behaviour: server always uses the backup if the mount has no source even at server startup/restart.

Shoutcast DNA bug #3

Tested Shoutcast 2.5.1 x86 (x64 not tested)
Tested Shoutcast Source DSP 2.3.5

If configuring mount 2 as a backup for mount 1 like this:
streambackupurl_1=127.0.0.1:8000/stream2

and the the source for mount 1 is v1 mode then backupurl does not work.
If mount 1 is v2 mode then it works. It does not seem to matter if mount 2 is v1 mode or v2 mode.

This bug did not exist with DNA 2.4.7.

Error: None shown in log
Expected behaviour: For streambackupurl to work regardless of mount 1 being v1 or v2.
Roger Hågensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2017, 19:07   #26
nitromix

Send a message via Yahoo to nitromix
SHOUTcast DNAS/posix(linux x86) v2.5.1.723 (Sep 30 2016)

Issue on Debian OS:
ERROR [YP] Request [https://yp.shoutcast.com/yp2] failed, code: 1 [Protocol "https" not supported or disabled in libcurl]

Have installed last cURL and libcurl:
curl --version
curl 7.52.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.52.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8o zlib/1.2.3.4 libssh2/1.2.6
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp scp sftp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: IPv6 Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz UnixSockets HTTPS-proxy

What is the problem with this version. If this have a bug (x86 release), why is not fixed after so long time? Have someone and can send me SHOUTcast DNAS/posix(linux x86) v2.4.7 version? I will appreciate

Thanks in advance!
nitromix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 12:20   #27
nitromix

As i see is so much silance here about this huge bug on last release.

BUG: SHOUTcast DNAS/posix(linux x86) v2.5.1.723 (Sep 30 2016)

Issue:
ERROR [YP] Request [https://yp.shoutcast.com/yp2] failed, code: 1 [Protocol "https" not supported or disabled in libcurl]
ERROR [YP] Internal error. Unknown cmd value in response (8)

This is happen only on x86 version, x64 do not have this issue, use same cacert.pem, tested on the same machine. Is someone from SHOUTcast developers who check this issue? Will be updated / fixed this issue or this project was already droped?

Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 12:25   #28
Desavil

Unfortunately, my experience shows that support for SHOUTcast is not the best.
Updates occur 1-2 times a year. So do not expect to fix this quickly.
Old 19th January 2017, 12:55   #29
nitromix

That it is, they are so less interested. SHOUTcast 1.9.8 was the best, also SHOUTcast v 2.4.7 was the most stable release from SHOUTcast 2, now authhash become a nightmair for broadcasters. Anyway, the problem seems to be inside on SHOUTcast DNAS v2.5.1 x86 release as i tested in many mode on diferent Linux distro and on all is same issue, so please fix this, is not big deal to fix and recompile with correct curl and libcurl version to support ssl

Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 15:18   #30
danp25

This is the issue which I am currently having, however I'm unable to install the x64 version due to my server

Looks like I'm going to have to roll back to the previous version, does anybody know where I can get hold of build 256 please?

Thanks!
danp25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 17:50   #31
nitromix

Anyone from SHOUTcast staff can answer here?

SHOUTcast DNAS/posix(linux x86) v2.5.1.723 (Sep 30 2016) have that huge bug, can not list the stations and can not touch the YP because of [Protocol "https" not supported or disabled in libcurl.

How expect Radionomy to make money if development team ignore this bugs and do nothing to solve?!
Old 24th January 2017, 07:23   #32
tosuthien

please help me fix this, code 28 error
ERROR [YP] Request [https:// yp.shoutcast .com/yp2 ] failed, code: 28
i use win10pro64bit, chrome 55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit)
tosuthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 12:02   #33
nitromix

#tosuthien

Don't expect to get a answer or to be solved so soon, looks more as they give away this project, they wasn't able to recompile linux x86 version of the last release with correct OpenSSL and Libcurl (with ssl enabled), and that version is released few months ago. Try to get and to use old version 2.4.7, is more stable as last release.
Old 24th January 2017, 16:41   #34
tosuthien

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromix View Post
#tosuthien

Don't expect to get a answer or to be solved so soon, looks more as they give away this project, they wasn't able to recompile linux x86 version of the last release with correct OpenSSL and Libcurl (with ssl enabled), and that version is released few months ago. Try to get and to use old version 2.4.7, is more stable as last release.
Thank you a lot for your advice!
tosuthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 21:57   #35
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Thanks for the reports.

We've reproduced the problem with the Linux 32-bit build.
We'll get a fixed version out asap. The new build will also include a few other fixes...

@tosuthien
We're you seeing the error with the Linux x64 build?
Old 26th January 2017, 23:51   #36
Desavil

I have about 500 instances of SHOUTcast. A month ago I changed version of v1 to v2.

My clients since been massively report me problems with the appearance of random buffer.

I found this topic - http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=3978.0
Unfortunately, the "ratelimit=0", "buffertype=1" and "adaptivebuffersize=15" does not resolve to end this problem.

Please check it and repair.
Old 27th January 2017, 18:16   #37
nitromix

@DJ Egg

Do you have a estimated time about new build?

Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 03:35   #38
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@nitromix

Monday, hopefully.....

@Desavil

There's a few pre/buffer related changes in the new build,
but are any of those old v1.x settings really needed any more?

@all
I'll update this thread with the announcement & 8 lines of changes as soon as the new builds have been uploaded to our ftp server
Old 31st January 2017, 14:02   #39
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

SHOUTcast DNAS v2.5.1 (Build 724) - 28th Jan 2017

Changes from 2.5.1.723 to 2.5.1.724

* Fix libcurl i686 32bit lib build (ssl was broken)
* Avoid forced icy metadata for Roku and WMP
* Purge adverts not used in some time, frees up memory for re-use
* Adjust automatic cpu scaler
* Drop to HTTP/1.0 in most responses
* Use correct IP for stats engine, xml stats were wrong for XFF
* Improve buffer handling
* Dropping pragma/expires header
Old 31st January 2017, 14:42   #40
dopelabs

Send a message via AIM to dopelabs
dj egg,

I noticed on the previous release (build 723) there was support added for direct http sources...

Quote:
Added support for direct HTTP sources (e.g. Icecast based sources) to be accepted when providing MP3 and AAC based stream content)
would you be able to go into a little more detail on this? do we just treat the DNAS as if it were an icecast server in regards to the source connection details/user/pass/etc?

do we need to use the stream specific passwords or is specifying the mount name sufficient?

cheers =]
dopelabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions