Old 30th November 2001, 11:58   #1
danbee

Send a message via ICQ to danbee Send a message via AIM to danbee Send a message via Yahoo to danbee
desktopalpha on win98

don't worry this isn't a thread about getting it to work on win98, i know that's impossible.

i actually have a suggestion (which brennan and co have probly already thought of) about how to handle this better on win98.

would it be possible to specify a tolerance (in the layout tag perhaps?) setting for the transparency on win98? ie, if you set it at 50%, all pixels more that 50% opaque draw as 100% opaque and all pixels less than 50% opaque appear transparent.

it looks to me like winamp3 only renders pixels when they're 100% opaque right now and this causes the edges of antialiased skins (particularly mine and kinwashi's probe) to look a bit crap.

if i didn't explain this very well then i apologise. feel free to ask questions and i'll try and explain it better. hopefully the dev team will understand what i'm harping on about!

:: danbee :: www.danbee.co.uk ::

"old programmers never die. they just terminate and stay resident."
danbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2001, 12:26   #2
Naamloos
Forum King

I think you keep that edges if its 50%, I think (and it will be i guess) that an option (in the config or else)will be for using win98 or something and then using a other bg of the skin with no anti alias...
Naamloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2001, 16:38   #3
danbee

Send a message via ICQ to danbee Send a message via AIM to danbee Send a message via Yahoo to danbee
huh?

Old 4th December 2001, 17:32   #4
Naamloos
Forum King

[edit]/me reads again.. aww dumb me! yeah this sounds like a good idea, but I think it should be 99% so you wont get weird backgrounds [/edit]
Naamloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2001, 09:14   #5
mc^^^^
Forum King

Location: Perth, Australia MSN: mcbriar@ii.net Posts: All your posts are belong to me!!!!
i remember when i had 98 i got some proggy (cant remember which) but it made menus opaque to whatever you specified (97%, 43%, etc) and it did, but when the background changed under the menu it would go all wierd, eg you were on a loading webpage and right-clicked.

mc^^^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2001, 12:17   #6
danbee

Quote:
Originally posted by Naamloos
[edit]/me reads again.. aww dumb me! yeah this sounds like a good idea, but I think it should be 99% so you wont get weird backgrounds [/edit]
i'd want to be able to tailor it for the skin i was working on, perhaps by putting another attribute in the layout tag. like this...

code:
<layout id="normal" background="player.main.bg" desktopalpha="1" alphatolerance="50%">

so that, if a pixel is below that tolerance it's not rendered, and when it's above that tolorance, it is rendered.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins