Old 26th January 2009, 19:31   #81
Cianca

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopatrooper
- completely bloated, doesn't feel like Winamp
- It provides no real functionality, all I figured out, is that you can create playlists, but this is possible in other areas too
- doesn't fit with the rest of the prefs. And Winamp's powerful prefs were the main reason, why I'm using it for an age

If Winamp's prefs/GUI ever will look like this, I'll stop using it, because i love Winamp how it is now and i don't want a second RealPlayer or whatever.

Kn0tte:

Like J_Darnley said, ml_impex is really old, it was just updated in the past to work with latest builds, and we already shipped it in Essentials Pack for a while.

jph6t:

I think the lossless field is just available from the search box and in the query builder. Like Egg said in his first posting, there are no columns yet.

http://stashbox.org/375811/query.png
and the sorting functionality?

The universal god of light, love, wisdom and rok n rol
Old 26th January 2009, 21:46   #82
TheUniqueTiger

Minor bug...

Activated Dropbox by Ctrl+Shift+D. Loaded a playlist in it or just one track. Played one item. Then closed the dropbox (moved on to another tab and didn't hit stop). Next loaded another playlist in Playlist editor as usual, started playing... After this whichever track I play, on the taskbar item title, it shows just the first digit of the serial number in the playlist and not the long usual formatted track title. Restarting Winamp fixes the problem. Tried twice once with loading a playlist in dropbox and with dragging items from explorer, but on both occasions the same result.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 26th January 2009, 21:55   #83
TheUniqueTiger

I don't like bumping but this is an entirely different post.

Another bug...
Create a playlist in Dropbox. Don't save this playlist. Now with dropbox activated, attempt to close Winamp or close the dropbox. It pops up a confirmation box. Playback continues if it was playing. The only problem is Winamp freezes w.r.t input. Sometimes within 5 secs, while sometimes instantly, in which case you can't even close the confirmation box. I had to End Task Winamp to get out of it.

Tried twice and same result... Once froze in 5 secs and next time instantly.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
Old 27th January 2009, 01:54   #84
ujay
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyMac
As we both have nVidia cards at first I thought it was a nVidia option, but after not finding a relevant setting I then thought it might be one of Windows visual effects options. The 'Fade or slide menus into view' option seemed to be the most logical. That is if logic can be applied to a product from Microsoft.

However, this does seem to be a nVidia thing at this point. When I have some time, I will take a closer look at nVidia settings. It will be interesting to see mynameisnobody's results on Monday.
Running a Matrox G550 on XP.

The offending setting for me is 'Scroll effect' in Display > Appearance > Effects >

UJ
Old 27th January 2009, 02:03   #85
plexdude

Hate to sound like a pest but the issue I discussed in my previous post http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....69#post2478369 has yet to be acknowledged and pretty much lost in oblivion at this point in time. As of this post, it is still an issue as I've just tested to see if it somehow cleared itself as I previously described.

System Specs:

Intel Wolfdale Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6GHz 1600MHz FSB
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev 1.1
G.Skill 4GB DDR2 RAM: F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B
Creative X-Fi Titanium
eVGA GeForce 260 GTX
Klipsch 4.1 THX speakers
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Old 27th January 2009, 03:07   #86
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@ujay

Yup, I can now repro some weirdness with skinned menus when 'scroll effect' is on. Thanks.

Hmm, though it seems to affect all Windows menus, not just Winamp, even if Winamp isn't running!

@plexdude

Yup, I'm also getting the IE right-click menu in sc radio/tv classic views. It's also happening in 5.541, which means it's a serverside issue. I'll report it to the web team. Thanks.
Old 27th January 2009, 03:15   #87
/usr/bin/Tux

I would appreciate more sources for album art... I quite seldomly find sth. :/

Winamp user since v1.something.
Old 27th January 2009, 04:08   #88
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by plexdude
Hate to sound like a pest but the issue I discussed in my previous post http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....69#post2478369 has yet to be acknowledged and pretty much lost in oblivion at this point in time. As of this post, it is still an issue as I've just tested to see if it somehow cleared itself as I previously described.
It's known and won't be in the final release. The beta builds have the right-click menu enabled to help our web developers debug the online services sites.
Old 27th January 2009, 04:33   #89
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Ahh! Of course. Thanks Benski :-)
Old 27th January 2009, 07:07   #90
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Yup, I can now repro some weirdness with skinned menus when 'scroll effect' is on. Thanks.

Hmm, though it seems to affect all Windows menus, not just Winamp, even if Winamp isn't running!
AH HA! If I change 'scroll effect' to 'fade effect' I can still have 'Fade or slide menus into view' enabled like JonnyMac suggested. So it seems that if you dont have scroll effect enabled, everything is well.
Old 27th January 2009, 07:29   #91
mynameisnobody

You're right, its the scroll effect!
Change to fade and all performance-options can be enabled without problems.

repro on other account!
Old 27th January 2009, 09:45   #92
JonnyMac

Quote:
Originally posted by ujay
The offending setting for me is 'Scroll effect' in Display > Appearance > Effects
Good catch UJ.

@Juanus
You suggestion works here also. Thanks.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
Old 27th January 2009, 14:09   #93
TheUniqueTiger

Can anyone else confirm these bugs reported above by me... Seems no reply even after 18 hours...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....38#post2479638
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....40#post2479640

Old 27th January 2009, 14:26   #94
MertcanKaya1991

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
Can anyone else confirm these bugs reported above by me... Seems no reply even after 18 hours...
The first bug happening to me too. It is happening since 5.54 when dropbox come out. I didn't look for the second bug sorry.
Old 27th January 2009, 16:19   #95
enzlb2

It appears that IPC communication has stopped working with 5.55.

ie: SendMessage(hwnd_winamp, WM_WA_IPC, 0, IPC_ISPLAYING)

Was this intentional (ie: is there another method to access this information)? or just a bug?

Thanks
Old 27th January 2009, 16:21   #96
enzlb2

Ignore previous post, figured it out.
Old 27th January 2009, 17:02   #97
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Editing file info on a flac file triggers restart of the currently playing mp3

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....21#post2391121

Can anyone reproduce this with a clean install of v5.55 BETA?
Old 27th January 2009, 18:01   #98
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by TheUniqueTiger
We couldn't understand/reproduce the problems.
Please include a full step-by-step method of reproduction.
What did you mean by "(moved on to another tab and didn't hit stop)."? What other tab?

@jph6t
No :-)
But apparently, Benski can (see below)
Old 27th January 2009, 18:21   #99
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Hey. I think I found a small bug/issue. Its probably the same in v5.541 as well since I haven't seen this before:

In the ML, click on the category "Playlists". If you rightclick on "Playlists", you should see 3 import options in this order:
- Import playlist from file...
- Import current (active) playlist
- Import playlist from folder ...

If you still are in the Playlist window, you can see some silver-colored buttons at the bottom, one of them being "Import". If you click on that "Import" button, you will see the same import options as described above, but in ANOTHER order:
- Import playlist from folder ...
- Import current (active) playlist
- Import playlist from file...

Ie. its not the same order on the two places. Fix?
NOTE: fix the space between the words and the "dots" as well - one of the options has space between the last word and the three dots, while another option does not.
Yeah, just a small issue..

Yeah I know that its a small issue (or two), but why not report anyway?
Old 27th January 2009, 19:05   #100
DrO

well the space thing is valid but i am going to disagree with you about the ordering of the menu since it means you move the mouse the same distance for both instances of the menu (seeing as one opens top-down and the other is bottom-up). and also since i use import from file the most i don't want to have to move the mouse more than i need to

-daz
Old 27th January 2009, 20:37   #101
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Re: Re: Editing file info on a flac file triggers restart of the currently playing mp3

Quote:
Originally posted by jph6t
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....21#post2391121

Can anyone reproduce this with a clean install of v5.55 BETA?
Yes, I've seen this issue a lot in personal use. Still trying to track it down.
Old 27th January 2009, 21:05   #102
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Re: Re: Editing file info on a flac file triggers restart of the currently playing mp3

Quote:
Originally posted by Benski
Yes, I've seen this issue a lot in personal use.
Still trying to track it down.
Let me know if I can do anything to help.
Old 27th January 2009, 21:08   #103
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
well the space thing is valid but i am going to disagree with you about the ordering of the menu since it means you move the mouse the same distance for both instances of the menu (seeing as one opens top-down and the other is bottom-up). and also since i use import from file the most i don't want to have to move the mouse more than i need to

-daz
Ahh, dooorgh.. Why didnt I think of that? Its logical since one opens top-down and the other bottom-up, just as you say.. :P

Well, a fix for the tiny little space thing then?

And btw, may I ask all of you in this thread if you can reproduce these bugs (always good to get more people to reproduce):
Auto-Tag bug regarding "Genre":
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=298343
.wma files not showing songname in songticker bug (with Modern skins ONLY):
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=298980
Both bugs are hard and tricky to reproduce, but I can still do it with v5.55 Beta.

Last edited by Kn0tte; 27th January 2009 at 21:31.
Old 27th January 2009, 22:14   #104
DrO

all i'll say on the matter is that the '.wma files not showing songname in songticker bug' is not a modern skin only issue and classic skins are affected as well by the quirk of how things are dealt with in a new playlist.

[edit]
have looked at the resources and i'm not seeing any additional 'space' betweeen the words from ml_playlists so not too sure what you're seeing...

-daz
Old 28th January 2009, 02:19   #105
plexdude

Quote:
Originally posted by Benski
It's known and won't be in the final release. The beta builds have the right-click menu enabled to help our web developers debug the online services sites.
@DJ Egg
Thanks for your reply.

@Benski
As per Egg's reply, I've also verified that this remains an issue even after rolling back to version 5.541 myself. So... taking your reply into account, it sounds like anytime there is a public beta released, we should all expect to see an IE context menu anytime a right-click is performed in Shoutcast Classic view regardless of what version of Winamp you are actually using (final or beta code). Winamp is a great product and I'll continue to use it for quite some time but little things like this can make the experience just a tad bit annoying. Is there anything that can be done on the serverside to "seperate" beta users from final users yet continue to enable your developers to debug the online services as usual?

I appreciate your consideration in this matter.

System Specs:

Intel Wolfdale Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6GHz 1600MHz FSB
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev 1.1
G.Skill 4GB DDR2 RAM: F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B
Creative X-Fi Titanium
eVGA GeForce 260 GTX
Klipsch 4.1 THX speakers
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Old 28th January 2009, 13:42   #106
MosIncredible

Quote:
Originally posted by greqmaster
please added ASIO support
(Not an actual problem with Beta)

On that note, I found something odd when using Winamp 5.541 in Windows 7 Beta Build 7000. 5.541 doesn't agree with the otachan ASIO plug-in. No matter what I do with the settings, after closing and reopening, it goes to these settings posted in the attached screenshot. Tried 5 fresh installs + plug-in and nothing changed. When I use this beta, the problem is solved and I'm allowed to change settings. Another plug-in behaved the same with 5.541 but works in this beta.

This problem is non-existent in Windows XP Pro SP3. Works with 5.55 beta in Windows 7 Build 7000 but doesn't work with 5.541.
Attached Images
File Type: png winamp asio.png (116.0 KB, 226 views)
Old 28th January 2009, 14:58   #107
TheUniqueTiger

@ DJ Egg, thanks for your reply...
1. Play any track, then open Dropbox in Bento (by Ctrl+Shift+D), now when the track changes, the title of the song shown in the Taskbar then shows just the first character of what should be shown. For me suppose the number 112 item in the playlist is playing it just shows '1'. Problem resolves on restarting Winamp.
I actually had moved on from the Vis tab to ML tab while reporting earlier, but now I realize that is not related.

2. Put together some items in the dropbox, dont save the dropbox playlist. Now if I attempt to close Winamp, it rightly shows the confirmation box. I let it be there for some time, or even close it. After about 5 secs or sometimes even sooner it hangs. Not reproducible with Bento but with cPro skins, so may be ignore it at present.

Old 28th January 2009, 15:43   #108
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
all i'll say on the matter is that the '.wma files not showing songname in songticker bug' is not a modern skin only issue and classic skins are affected as well by the quirk of how things are dealt with in a new playlist.
-daz
Hmn.. I think you should test it again I have tested it on three computers - its happening with modern skins ONLY (at least in the way I reported it). I have tested this many times.

But thats the way I use it. Open up a saved playlist file where the first song is a .wma file, and you NEED to have other songs in the playlist as well, and the bug happens with Modern skins. Info shows fine, completely fine with Classic skins.

*EDIT*
Im talking about the Playlist Editor (PE) here, NOT the new Dropbox and playlist..

*2nd EDIT*
This is the link where I reported the bug which provides steps to reproduce and a packed rar-file including a screenshot and a sample file to reproduce. Can you, including others on this forum, reproduce?

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=298980
Please take the time to try it - follow the steps described in that thread.
Old 28th January 2009, 16:22   #109
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

@kn0tte
I can reproduce the WMA title bug. It's a bug in the freeform skinning engine, and WMA just happens to reliably trigger it. I'll work on fixing it.
Old 28th January 2009, 17:01   #110
spin26

Quick REquest

HI... can i request for classic skin visualisations to have 60hz monitor friendly framerates option? like 15 fps instead of 18, 30 etc...
Old 28th January 2009, 18:24   #111
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

<--------------------- cut here ------------------------->

Winamp 5.55 Beta Preview 2, Build 2353 is now available

First post has been fully updated with changelogs etc.
Old 28th January 2009, 18:45   #112
Juanus
Major Dude

Do you want us to report bugs that have already been reported about the previous build? I try Kn0tte to repeat myself.
Old 28th January 2009, 18:53   #113
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Hey. Thanks for the new build - fixes both the Auto-Tag and the songticker bug. Im in heaven!

Quote:
*** = Temp fix. Causes Notifier to appear at Winamp startup. Will fix for 5.55 Final (ps. blame Kn0tte)
Woot? :P
I do not get the notifier at startup though..

And please dont attack me - I was a lot worse before
Old 28th January 2009, 18:56   #114
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Juanus

Hehe. Yes, please report any bugs that are still reproducable.
A simple link to the previous post will suffice, though in some cases it's possible that we couldn't reproduce the previous reports and therefore couldn't fix them. In which case, more info is required (see first post).

@TheUniqueTiger

Sorry, but we couldn't reproduce your dropbox #1 issue.
Chances are that it's being caused by a conflict with some 3rd-party plugin...?

@Kn0tte

I thought you'd be happy
Hmm... I get the Notifier appearing at normal Winamp startup with Bento skin (haven't tested other skins yet).
ps. the "blame Kn0tte" thing was just a private joke. I'll remove it if you find it offensive...
Old 28th January 2009, 19:02   #115
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Heh.. Im glad for the fixes, yes

With normal startup you mean..? Clicking on Winamp Agent? Double-clicking a saved playlist file?
.. Been there done that - havent been able to reproduce it so far.. :S

*EDIT*
No, just let it be. Was funny
Old 28th January 2009, 19:05   #116
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Normal startup to me just means opening Winamp via the Winamp desktop/startmenu shortcut icon.
I even get the Notifier appearing when switching between Bento & Modern skins.
Maybe you've disabled the Notifier or something?
Old 28th January 2009, 19:09   #117
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
Yay, Big Bento doesn't take up my whole desktop anymore.
Thank you Martin, you are a dream wizard.

Edit:

Bento Browser bug: Any multiword search ends up with "+" instead of spaces in the query. (eg. searching for "jon brion" in the default Web Search becomes jon%2Bbrion in the web address and therefore "jon+brion" is the query, which generally doesn't work.)
This should be fixed now

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
Old 28th January 2009, 19:48   #118
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Hmn, yeah.. Might have misunderstood and thought you meant it was showing up even if it was completely disabled

I changed the setting to "Always show", and yes it shows even when switching skins.. So its a bug as you say. Just make sure that everything works for the next beta/final (ie. dont mess up the title bug again when fixing this) :P

And btw, the changelog should say:
[gen_ff] Fixed songticker titles not displaying correctly with .wma files at startup
Yeah, Im strict. I just want everyone to know exactly what it was, heh.. This bug has been here for quite some time so..
Old 28th January 2009, 19:54   #119
Juanus
Major Dude

I need to find Kn0tte a job writing the instructions to assemble IKEA furniture. Put your talents to good use.
Old 28th January 2009, 20:20   #120
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Essentials Pack Beta 2 is available too.

Changes since Beta 1:

- updated [in_wv] WavPack decoder, big thanks to Bryant from Hydrogenaudio forums for his work (it's fully translatable now, most of the official language packs already ship translation files for it*)

- updated some installer translations

*I'll post an example language file for all non official translator soon
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion