Old 15th January 2010, 04:42   #1
Regular_Mike

iPod & Last.fm Scrobbling - Help Please!

Okay, this is driving me nuts so I've resorted to coming here. The only reason I've felt the need to install this is because Winamp did not transfer any iPod play count scrobbles to my Last.fm account. I'll keep it simple:

When I connect my iPod Nano (3G) it does not come up with anything to do with last.fm. It does no scrobbling. Opening up iTunes yields the same results.

What am I doing wrong/what do I have to do?

Any help GREATLY appreciated.
Regular_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 05:36   #2
muppet

Send a message via ICQ to muppet Send a message via AIM to muppet Send a message via MSN to muppet Send a message via Yahoo to muppet Send a message via Skype™ to muppet
Have you installed mlipod? Where you sure to tick the "Enable Audioscrobbler support" option when you did?
muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 20:14   #3
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

If you do like muppet said, it should work. Just tried it yesterday, all fine.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 20:40   #4
fiqdish

I have also a problem with scrobbling. I connected the iPod, it came up in Winamp but it just scrobbled the songs of last album I played. All other tracks I played since the last connect were not scrobbled.
When I checked the log file it mentions only the scrobbled songs but under "Last submitted tracks" in the Plug In Options are other listed than the ones that were actually scrobbled. There were also no files cached.
I already tried deactivating and activating the Plug In again. I also restarted Winamp. Is there any possibility to manually force the Plug In to scrobble the songs from the iPod again?

Btw iPod is a Nano 1G 4GB.
fiqdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 16:32   #5
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by fiqdish
Is there any possibility to manually force the Plug In to scrobble the songs from the iPod again?
No, that data is sent to the scrobbler plugin once the iPod database is read, and then it must be erased on the iPod

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:18   #6
fiqdish

Hmm just connected my iPod again and now it scrobbled all songs. I am a bit confused. I will see if I can reproduce the bug in the future.
fiqdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 18:23   #7
BastardKidKris

Send a message via AIM to BastardKidKris
Somewhat off-topic, but is there any plans for the scrobbler to feature the 1.2 protocol? So we can let Winamp scrobble in real time and not worry about losing plays on our iPods when we sync up?
BastardKidKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 20:19   #8
DrO

BastardKidKris: i think my response else where answered that question as the plug-in ml_ipod ships with is the same one i've tweaked and need to finish updating before any new protocols are implemented though as i don't have an ipod i've never properly looked at how things were implemented by abu (yet).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 03:35   #9
Regular_Mike

Sorry this is such a late reply, I've been pretty tied up lately, but this is still relevent to my interests :P Thanks a lot for the replies so far.

Yes I have installed mlipod. Yes I am 98% sure I enabled Audioscrobbler support when I did so. I think I also had to type in my last.fm username, right?

When I plug in my iPod and open up Winamp [or iTunes] nothing is appearing regarding scrobbles. I have had it appear after connecting once though since I last posted, but I have no idea what the hell triggered it! It prompted a bunch of really old scrobbles and had left out some more recent ones that were actually on the iPod.

Not sure this info is much help for any helpers, so instead I'll ask: where can I confirm the connectivity mlipod is supposed to have with my last.fm? (If that makes sense). Any other details I should be providing?

Thanks for any help with my technologically retarded self again!
Regular_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion