Old 27th August 2014, 14:39   #1
ujay
Forum King

Online services - Shoutcast.

This was mentioned a month or two ago, but not heard anything since, so thought I'd post here and ask if anyone else has this problem.

Using the Shoutcast page breaks focus as soon as you click on it.

Open Shoutcast page in Media Library.
Click on it.
Mousewheel scrolling is now focused on the main window.

Double clicking on empty space in the left hand pane restores focus on the right hand pane, until, of course, you click on it again.

Very irritating, you try to scroll through the list and it turns the volume up and down.

I'm not clear if this is something that can be fixed serverside or if it requires a change to the client, serverside I'm guessing(hoping).
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 14:48   #2
DrO

i'm not following the steps though tbh i'm not going to spend much time looking into it as we still haven't decided what is going to happen with the in-Winamp SHOUTcast experience.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 17:02   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi ujay,

I'm now using an alternate site in Online Services (http://www.shoutcast.com/scradioinwinamp/) for searching for stations. It works pretty well for me for connecting to stations that are actually online. It shows the search page in black and white with a blue selection arrow next to the stations. The other site with the more colorful search page is still being worked on.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 17:04   #4
DrO

that link is what Winamp has been using for years to provide the in-Winamp experience.
Old 27th August 2014, 17:08   #5
Aminifu
Forum King

That I didn't know. The installer used a different url when adding the SHOUTcast service. Sorry I don't remember now what it was. I can look it up if you want.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 27th August 2014, 17:13   #6
DrO

the installer accessed something that no longer exists so isn't really needed.
Old 27th August 2014, 22:19   #7
ujay
Forum King

Hi Ami,

The link you give is fine when used externally, it's when it's run within Online services that the problem arises.
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 04:44   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

I'm not able to duplicate this. There is an option on the 1st General Preferences page to "Prevent the mouse wheel from altering the volume". That works great if you never want to use the mouse wheel for that purpose. It's less convenient, but you could turn the option off and on as needed.

Maybe there's something in your configuration causing this. You could post an extended info report (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=328932) and someone may spot a reason.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion