Old 11th January 2015, 12:31   #761
warr10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by danton.q View Post
I'm also on software support and software dev, but for free, open-source software. This way I can ask user to contribute.

You are using proprietary software and you are paid to make it work.

You are asking me to do your job, if you want me to help you, open Winamp source, post them on GitHub or Sourceforge and then I'll be glade to provide all informations you want and also, maybe, help you code the correction !
So even a screenshot of the problem is too much to ask? A DebugView text file is against your ethics?

Well then, I guess you're on your own...
warr10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 12:38   #762
danton.q

I love Winamp, I use it since 1997.

I was using Winamp/SHOUTcast Radio since 2005 until 2013 (when it has stopped to work).

I hope one day I can get back to working SHOUTcast - Winamp.

I hope also SHOUTcast TV will come back (or any link to a explanation why it is discontinued and how to rebuild it for another who may want to fork).
danton.q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 12:39   #763
Raj_09

Quote:
Raj_09, the problem is that it has worked perfectly. You had in your hands a functional Winamp/Shoutcast.

But since you bouhgt it and made some modifications, it does not work anymore.

My frustration does not come from known bugs, but from bugs you introduced and you want me to solve.

If your "fantastic team of Devs" hadn't modify anything, everything would work today.
@ danton.q

I am not a dev but just a faithful user (10 years). I have done programming enough before to know how much time and effort an overhaul can take. Some components will not work and are going to break. You got to deal with that in a mature manner and understand that things will take time to fix. You did not provide the info when asked, if I am not mistaken.

Another thing: Winamp is not open-source and posting the code on any site for you to fix is a ludicrous idea.
Raj_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 12:40   #764
danton.q

Quote:
Originally Posted by warr10r View Post
So even a screenshot of the problem is too much to ask?
Didn't I gave 2 screenshots yesterday ? Oh yes I did...

Quote:
A DebugView text file is against your ethics?
Of course not, of course I'll be glade to Debug what you want... on open-source projects.

For privative projects, I'll also be glade, just make me a donation of 10€.
Old 11th January 2015, 12:43   #765
Raj_09

Quote:
Didn't I gave 2 screenshots yesterday ? Oh yes I did...

Of course not, of course I'll be glade to Debug what you want... on open-source projects.

For privative projects, I'll also be glade, just make me a donation of 10€.
You are wasting people's time.
Old 11th January 2015, 12:51   #766
danton.q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_09 View Post
You are wasting people's time.
Typical answer of people who don't know what to say else.

You attack me when I come here to make people aware that something's going wrong with Winamp.

I've reproduced the problem on Windows XP, Seven and Eight. I've always been using the latest version of Winamp. Seeing that I was sure you will find the rest by yourself, but you are so occupied with telling me that I don't answer your questions that you don't see you don't need my answer as the bug is so obvious...
Old 11th January 2015, 13:08   #767
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
I've reproduced the problem on Windows XP, Seven and Eight.
What web site page are you using for selecting SHOUTcast radio stations within Winamp? Right click on the heading in the lefthand column of the media library and select Service Management - Edit and change the url to "http://www.shoutcast.com/scradioinwinamp/".

The default page is still being worked on, this alternative page works pretty well for me (for stations that are broadcasting correctly).

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 13:10   #768
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@danton.q

It was the previous owner (AOL) who disabled the old online services.
All of them were hosted on AOL servers and included AOL code which we cannot use.

The SHOUTcast TV view was disabled & removed by AOL 2 or 3 years ago.
I can't see where you've stated what version of Winamp you are using, but judging by a screenshot you posted, it looks like an old version?
Only the latest version (5.666 + update patches) is supported.
There's a sticky thread in the Online Services forum which shows how you can manually add some of the old views back into 5.666, including an alternate version of the SHOUTcast TV online service.

So just to reiterate, Radionomy has not broken anything.
The broken features (such as Gracenote CDDB/AutoTag, some online services, etc) are all broken because they were either licensed by or included code by AOL, of which we are not legally authorized to use.
As explained in my previous post, these are amongst the features which we need to remove/replace before we can offer a new release.

Also, for the record, it was AOL who made money from Winamp - mainly from sales of the Pro version (which is no longer available), and from in-app ads (which are no longer included).
Radionomy currently makes no money directly from Winamp.
We are working to make Winamp freeware again.
Also note that both myself & DrO were on the old team at AOL and are the only 2 from the old team who are still on the new team at Radionomy - though neither of us were responsible for the removal of the SHOUTcast TV view or any other AOL features.
The reason why those services don't work any more is because AOL shut them down and we don't legally have permission to use them.

And I ask again that everyone please play nicely. Please be courteous, don't be rude or disrespectful. Be excellent to each other. Treat other people the same way you'd expect them to treat you. Thanks.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 13:21   #769
warr10r

@DJ Egg: That post really whipped the llama's ass
warr10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 13:43   #770
Raj_09

Quote:
@DJ Egg: That post really whipped the llama's ass
Second that
Old 12th January 2015, 02:58   #771
GorillaCat

Havent been on here in a while and it looks like people forgot how to wait... Just be glad people are still dedicated to this beloved program of ours and want to be involved with us.

Happy New Years Guys, Keep on Truck'n
GorillaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 02:18   #772
kzitsch

Question

Understanding that some Winamp features have been shut down by AOL, could you tell me if that includes the window that used to be at the bottom of my screen that gave information (I think it was from Wikipedia) about the particular group I was listening to. Was that taken away too? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
kzitsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 04:31   #773
Aminifu
Forum King

@kzitsch,

Yes, the Now Playing service needs to be replaced also.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 16th January 2015, 13:18   #774
davor.geci

The year began with a nervous tone. But we must look at how realistic it is. If it were not Radionomy and team of developers who took over Winamp, today we could not even talk about any future or new versions of Winamp. So be patient a little bit, enjoy the current version of Winamp and with enthusiasm expect a surprise that the future will bring for Winamp. If we look at the progress of Shoutcast, it pays to wait for what the future brings for Winamp.
My support DrO, DJ Egg and the whole team Radionomy - Shoutcast - Winamp (and for the future and further development of the project NSIS also)
davor.geci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 13:55   #775
Raj_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by davor.geci View Post
The year began with a nervous tone. But we must look at how realistic it is. If it were not Radionomy and team of developers who took over Winamp, today we could not even talk about any future or new versions of Winamp. So be patient a little bit, enjoy the current version of Winamp and with enthusiasm expect a surprise that the future will bring for Winamp. If we look at the progress of Shoutcast, it pays to wait for what the future brings for Winamp.
My support DrO, DJ Egg and the whole team Radionomy - Shoutcast - Winamp (and for the future and further development of the project NSIS also)
I could not have said it better. Last year, I was already contemplating a future without my beloved Winamp when there was news of AOL selling everything. Along with me, an entire community also felt the loss. Then Radionomy came and saved the show. Now, we do have a team working on Winamp and the future is promising. It is just a matter of patience.

I offer my full support to the Dev team too(DrO, DJ Egg and the team).

PS: As Winamp is going to be freeware in the future, I will be more than keen to give donations for support. But that will be for later, I guess.
Old 16th January 2015, 22:42   #776
rjneigenfind

I tried to download but it apears Winamp 5.70 Full Beta 3444
Is this a official?
Thanks
rjneigenfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 23:12   #777
Raj_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjneigenfind View Post
Is this a official?
Thanks
Check out the sticky. There is no version 5.7 out: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=373755
Old 16th January 2015, 23:14   #778
GorillaCat

Um, what

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjneigenfind View Post
Is this a official?
Thanks
Filehippo is showing 5.70 beta available, if its not official it should be looked into
Old 16th January 2015, 23:52   #779
Eagle Creek

I love Winamp. I bought Winamp. I've been using it for many years, at Windows 95, XP, Vista and now at 7. And I still continue to use Winamp very often.

But with all do respect... a year after announcing Winamp will be revived (this thread was made January 2014) stating it will almost take another year before we hear something substantially new from Winamp is just plain ridiculous..

This way, you are losing all of your momentum, supportive users, fans and everything you've built up the past years.

I fully appreciate the dev team working on the product and trying to revive it. But in today's market, asking people to wait for 2 years, or maybe even longer, is an absolute certainty on how to kill yourself. Not to mention the extreme high expectation you are creating by letting people wait this long, which only can disappoint after so much time.

Don't get me wrong: there's nothing I'd rather see more than Winamp being brought to live again but I absolutely think this isn't the way to go.
But PLEASE: if you are serious about bringing Winamp back to live, give it priority.

The reason I'm writing this is because I love the product and I want to support the team behind it. But I'm afraid if it will take so long before a new version is released, most people have moved on, forgot about it and will never return to it. 'Back in the day' Winamp was the product to go, nowadays there's so much competition.

Trying to be constructive here. I just hope the people responsible for Winamp still love it as much as I did when I first encountered it. Don't let it die..

The best way to kill malware,
is to kill it together.
http://www.nucia.eu/
Eagle Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 00:31   #780
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

There is something you all need to understand; Radionomy bought SHOUTcast AND Winamp. Radionomy is an online-radio oriented company. Winamp will be freeware. Do your math! SHOUTcast needs to be profitable before moving on to something else, Winamp is not priority right now, as sad as that sounds to us, but if Radionomy can't make SHOUTcast make some money to pay the bills, Winamp as freeware won't do any better.

Please, bear that in mind before keep pushing about Winamp's new version, just be glad someone saved it from dying and that it won't try to make it profitable right away, in fact they are making it freeware, so it's actually better than you think, we can wait.
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 05:14   #781
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaCat View Post
Filehippo is showing 5.70 beta available, if its not official it should be looked into
Thanks. The filehippo link has now been removed from the 2nd post.
5.666 is the latest & only supported version and is newer than the dead/expired old 5.7 beta.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 05:15   #782
GorillaCat

ex.fm hasn't really announced anything since Aug 2013, so a year gone by is nothing

Imagine if Apple decided to hold off on making the iPhone 6 to make sure their customers were getting the best product they could get. Would a minority of people be mad? Maybe. When they release it a year later with the bending, os and battery issues fixed would the wait have been worth it (considering that the 5s was already in the market and people were pleased with it)? In my eyes, yes and the same applies to Winamp. The devs want to do things right, not just for themselves but for us the consumers. As for not getting constant updates on the project; what would be the point of releasing info most people wouldn't understand? They'd be wasting their time and ours by doing so. So please just wait, it'll be whipping the lamas ass soon enough.
Old 17th January 2015, 06:16   #783
KairosZenith

@DJ Egg's post on January 11th ...... that post did kick the llama's ass. Awesome post and answer. i wish people in this world could be nicer and not lash out at other people ...... especially when they're working hard on the problems.

i know that always sucked when i used to work at a job and i worked my butt off to keep things running and the the boss would come in and get pissed off, that things aren't running better. it's makes you feel so unappreciated with them being so ungrateful ..... because if i wasn't working so hard on it, it would've been even worse than what you saw it

Thanks you guys. We (most of us) really do appreciate all you're doing to try and get this thing up and running again ..... to it's previous full glory .... or even better
KairosZenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 08:31   #784
yovko82

With patched version when playing , i have problems with the output volume to the Virtual cable (may be without it too) . I have Distortion. I installed back the original installer . Please test it .
I`m near 100% sure it`s from the patch in in_MP3 plugin
yovko82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 12:20   #785
Darkday

Hoping we catch up again

Winamp was my first love but we fell out when she started working for AOL. I hope now that she's working for a smaller focused company that she will remember what she was so awesome at and come back to her family.

Come back Winamp. We're waiting

Good luck guys!
Darkday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 12:22   #786
Darkday

ditto Eagle Creek.
We're on the same page
Darkday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2015, 19:53   #787
Nilesh.exe

Agree, Please bring back original Winamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Creek View Post
I love Winamp. I bought Winamp. I've been using it for many years, at Windows 95, XP, Vista and now at 7. And I still continue to use Winamp very often.

But with all do respect... a year after announcing Winamp will be revived (this thread was made January 2014) stating it will almost take another year before we hear something substantially new from Winamp is just plain ridiculous..

This way, you are losing all of your momentum, supportive users, fans and everything you've built up the past years.

I fully appreciate the dev team working on the product and trying to revive it. But in today's market, asking people to wait for 2 years, or maybe even longer, is an absolute certainty on how to kill yourself. Not to mention the extreme high expectation you are creating by letting people wait this long, which only can disappoint after so much time.

Don't get me wrong: there's nothing I'd rather see more than Winamp being brought to live again but I absolutely think this isn't the way to go.
But PLEASE: if you are serious about bringing Winamp back to live, give it priority.

The reason I'm writing this is because I love the product and I want to support the team behind it. But I'm afraid if it will take so long before a new version is released, most people have moved on, forgot about it and will never return to it. 'Back in the day' Winamp was the product to go, nowadays there's so much competition.

Trying to be constructive here. I just hope the people responsible for Winamp still love it as much as I did when I first encountered it. Don't let it die..
I totally agree with you Eagle Creek, Please bring back original winamp ASAP or you will find too late in the market.
Nilesh.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 17:14   #788
riahc4

Almost one complete year later and nothing...
riahc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2015, 16:34   #789
old and quite mad
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by riahc4 View Post
Almost one complete year later and nothing...
ARE YOU HAVING FUN YET??????

The search for the ultimate signature continues apace. I have journeyed from the peaks of Nepal to the depths of oceanic trenches. I have crossed deserts, jungles, swamps, savannas, steppes and frozen wastelands. I have consulted with seers, swamis, sages, scholars and savants. The peregrination proceeds purposefully.
old and quite mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 17:06   #790
Foreverdark

I think the llama's been whipped....
Foreverdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 17:45   #791
Aminifu
Forum King

What are some of you guys expecting from the 1st Radionomy release of the Winamp desktop client?

It will not be radically different from the current version we have now. It will attempt to replace the features that AOL was paying for (if adequate free alternatives can be found), fix some bugs in some core features, and update how some core features are processed internally. The user interface may have some changes, but it will not look radically different either.

For the most part, the core features of the current version work fine. If you're expecting something totally different inside and out, then maybe it's best to move on now and stop whining about how long it's taking for the release. Explanations of the process and reasonable reasons for the time needed to do the work have been given over and over.

Old 28th January 2015, 17:59   #792
musicf8
Major Dude

Maybe they lack patience, or they need closure, who knows. I doubt when winamp was owned by AOL they cared much for newer versions to nag the developers. It seems a lot of them either make an account on the forums just to complain about no new version or they posted a few times in the past and decided to come out of the shadows. Like nagging does anything more than annoy the developers.

I guess I am lucky because i'm still stuck on 5.56 (i think) due to that being the only version that works with ml_ipod. Still, I am looking forward to the future of Winamp and can't wait to see what tricks the developers have up their sleeve for future versions. I have been using winamp since late 1997/early 1998, so I doubt I can ever see myself moving to something else for my music, regardless of new versions. Winamp was, is, and will still be damn awesome
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 12:51   #793
Raj_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
Maybe they lack patience, or they need closure, who knows. I doubt when winamp was owned by AOL they cared much for newer versions to nag the developers. It seems a lot of them either make an account on the forums just to complain about no new version or they posted a few times in the past and decided to come out of the shadows. Like nagging does anything more than annoy the developers.

I guess I am lucky because i'm still stuck on 5.56 (i think) due to that being the only version that works with ml_ipod. Still, I am looking forward to the future of Winamp and can't wait to see what tricks the developers have up their sleeve for future versions. I have been using winamp since late 1997/early 1998, so I doubt I can ever see myself moving to something else for my music, regardless of new versions. Winamp was, is, and will still be damn awesome
Glad to see grateful people in the forum. I was getting tired of the whiners lately.

Powering through with the bolt
Old 29th January 2015, 17:12   #794
GorillaCat

This might not last until the next release...

P.S. As far as any of us know there is only one dedicated guy (that cared enough to keep us posted) working on the next release of Winamp and he's not even going to bother with this thread until who knows when since people keep whining when there is a mostly working 5.666 available.
Old 29th January 2015, 19:58   #795
A11ectis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
What are some of you guys expecting from the 1st Radionomy release of the Winamp desktop client?
FreeDB and AccurateRip access, a sense of a support/release cycle, whatever other stuff is not natively accessible to Winamp without tinkering since the end of AOL support, a good out-of-the-box experience (which lends to the previous point), and probably some other stuff.
A11ectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 21:23   #796
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11ectis View Post
FreeDB and AccurateRip access,
I expect auto-tagging and ripping support will be provided, replacing the support previously provided by Gracenote and Sonic. As to exactly what form it will take, we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote:
a sense of a support/release cycle,
The question was expectations for the 1st Radionomy release. However, I doubt Radionomy will commit to a regular release schedule, just to have a release, especially with the size of the current development staff. I expect updates will continue to be released as needed, when they are ready. DrO put together a timeline of previous releases and believe it or not, they were pretty regular for the most part. Many I never knew existed because I turned off the update notification option.

Quote:
whatever other stuff is not natively accessible to Winamp without tinkering since the end of AOL support,
I assume you mean on-line services. Which ones did you actually use regularly?

Quote:
a good out-of-the-box experience (which lends to the previous point),
This means many things to many people. Just have everything work? With all the permutations (hardware, core app plug-ins, 3rd party add-ons, skins, etc.), someone somewhere is bound to have an issue with something. Or are you talking about a do everything, for all formats, on all devices app? Winamp will probably never be that. That was the hype AOL was pushing and never committed adequate resources to even come close to accomplishing.

Quote:
and probably some other stuff.
Come on now be specific or do you really want the 1st Radionomy release to do all and be all? In that case, it will never be released.

Old 29th January 2015, 23:33   #797
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
FreeDB and AccurateRip access
I don't know if freedb will be directly supported; I believe the plan is to use musicbrainz. I'd like to see options.

I def support adding accuraterip, which a lot of apps have now. its a great and worthy feature.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 00:23   #798
djwhitelion

isthis inclueding

is this including the play button on shoutcast.com because on shoutcast.com i cant open my stream
djwhitelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 11:34   #799
danton.q

Hi
"Winamp Media Library => Online services" displays Shoutcast directly and the result is still no-clickable.

I have a list of music styles ("Genres") and a list of radios, but only the styles are clickable (Alternative, Britpop, Grunge, etc.), the radios are not clickable thus it is impossible to add one to Winamp.

I've already pointed out this problem some weeks ago and also put some screenshots to help solve the bug but the problem is still there.

What's happening ?
Old 1st February 2015, 13:14   #800
ujay
Forum King

Hi danton, it's been like that since the take over.

it's been reported long ago, but it's still up in the air at the moment.

Some sort of window focus issue as far as I can tell, something that needs fixing server side.
You can work around it by refocusing the window but it's a PITA.

[edit] Try it again today, seems to be fixed now. but may revert again, who knows.

Hi Egg, that's not the screen I get, I think there's something in how wide you set the pane ??
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion