Old 1st October 2002, 18:19   #1
plexdude

Shoutcast Streaming Annoyances

Hope this message is seen by somebody from the Winamp staff.

I'm using Windows 2000 and just recently (past week or two), I've found that trying to stream from www.shoutcast.com has been nothing short of a bunch of headaches. I get this in the title bar of Winamp when I try to stream a shoutcast station "shoutcast-playlist[2]". There are no apparent error messages. When this happens, there is no audio playback and "shoutcast-playlist[2]" also appears in the playlist itself as the song to be played. If I keep clicking on the same "tune-in" button, it will eventually work but I always must persistently click on the "tune-in" buttons until Winamp decides to cooperate and play the stream. The number of times I must click the link always varies, sometimes only takes two clicks and other times it can take more than a dozen!!! I don't get it. I've tried to duplicate this problem with other machines (one on Win2K and one on XP) but I could not replicate the problem so there is something definetly wrong with the software on my system. I've tried uninstalling Winamp several times (even deleting all skins and plugins) and reinstalling but the problems still exists. I have not installed any new drivers for my hardware recently so I've pretty much ruled out the possibility that drivers are causing this problem.

If possible, would someone please inform me of all (or any) registry keys that are associated with Winamp? Does the uninstall completely remove all registry keys related to Winamp?

Any suggestions as to how I might be able to remedy this situation would greatly be appreciated.

System Specs:

Intel Wolfdale Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6GHz 1600MHz FSB
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev 1.1
G.Skill 4GB DDR2 RAM: F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B
Creative X-Fi Titanium
eVGA GeForce 260 GTX
Klipsch 4.1 THX speakers
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
plexdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support