Old 3rd November 2001, 09:04   #1
bradwww

what is "physical file remover"?

what is the "physical file remover" listed in the updates for the latest version of winamp? I can see no match to this phrase in the help files, nor in any previous release notes, nor in the keyboard shortcut screen, nor in this forum.

I am looking for a feature, and I hope this is it. I want to listen to a playlist, and press a key to delete the current physical file and move to the next item in the playlist, so I can quickly dump songs I don't like from my computer quickly. Please tell me if this is the feature I need, and if so, how is it used?

thanks!

brad waddell
bradwww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2001, 11:04   #2
QuantumMonkey

Select the file you want to kill in the Playlist. Then click REM -> REM MISC -> Physically Remove Selected File(s). That will remove the offending file from your playlist and your hard disk.

Regards,

QuantumMonkey
QuantumMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2001, 22:59   #3
bradwww

OK, but that requires several mouse clicks, is there a way to do it to the currently playing file from the player window using the keyboard? thats what I need. Thanks!
Old 7th November 2001, 23:10   #4
Sawg

Nope, it is on the wishlist though
Old 12th January 2002, 14:52   #5
Banjo

They should make it so you can "Shift+Delete" on the playlist to physically remove the file, but i wouldn't have thought a couple of mouse clicks would be too much hassle for most people...
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2002, 01:50   #6
bradwww

the reason the mouse clicks are a problem is because I'm driving my car! And even when I'm not doing that, the 5 inch video screen on my handheld computer is too small to see the listings in the playlist in order to click on them because you can't double-size the list as you can for the player. I want to delete the currently playing song quickly and move to the next so I can review music and sound files for quality. thanks for your consideration.

brad
Old 13th January 2002, 02:22   #7
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Like sawg said,
it's in the Official WishList in Tech Support Greatest Hits forum.

btw, you can resize the playlist, but you're gonna have problems anyway you look at it with a 5" screen.

You can drag the bottom rt corner of the playlist window to resize it, in the same way you can with any Explorer Window.

Also:

Prefs (Ctrl+P) -> Display:

Playlist font size : default value = 10
Increase this value at your leisure
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2002, 16:28   #8
Banjo

Heh, i see the problem now, I had no idea you were needing to do it while you were driving! Well you know what they say, all good things come to those who wait...
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support