Old 20th October 2000, 04:11   #41
bigjohns97

Send a message via ICQ to bigjohns97
i have been playing the phantom mennace and it let's you choose your sound driver. Over all other shown like eax and direct sound and all others i have found that dolby surround sounds awsome. I was wondering if you could make a sound plugin like the directsound plugin, but for dolby surround. Right now i have a sb128 with a front channel and a rear channel. The only way i can listen to winamp with moth channels enabled is to enable direct sound. Directsound plugin dosen't sound very good though. I have the front channel hooked up to my kenwood stereo reciever along with full surround support and the rear channel to a set of pc speakers. I am sure that i am not the only one with this config and know that many others would prosper form this new plugin. Direct sound just isn't cutting it.

thanks in advance. Bigjohns@houston.rr.com
icq # 6815396

Old 23rd October 2000, 03:51   #42
muskrat300

There's just on thing I want to see changed: give the playlist the option of ignoring "The" at the front of an entry when sorting by title. That way my collection of songs by "The Beatles" will sort next to songs by "Beatles". This often pisses me off when I'm scrolling through my alphabetized playlist looking for a song and can't find it, especially with the Ofspring, the Bangles, and so on.

Thanking Nullsoft in Advance,

muskrat300

Old 25th October 2000, 19:22   #43
jeeper1980

A voice activated control for winamp would be nice! That way my lazy ass can stay in bed and skip to the nexy song or stop playing or whatever.
Old 26th October 2000, 08:06   #44
KillerSpaz

I don't think this was mentioned.. but from a skinner's point of view, i would LOVE animated images to be used.. that'd be mighty phat, and make the skinner-genre change due to the history winamp is making... that's my 2 cents... spend it or lend it..

Old 26th October 2000, 08:29   #45
KillerSpaz972

I didn't see my last post... so here it is..
Animated skinz.. that'd be phat...

oh.. and a way to dl that phat phat stuff on shoutcast.... like the techno channels and stuf... ahhhh *drool*

Old 26th October 2000, 08:36   #46
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

Hmm. Now how do you tell someone to look on the second page, from the second page? Or to refresh, if they don't refresh?

[This message has been edited by Winsane (edited October 26, 2000).]
Old 28th October 2000, 06:14   #47
Portrman

multi-column support would be nice, but I really want to have multiple playlists open! so what do u think oh winamp gods?

Old 28th October 2000, 19:45   #48
Nameles

Send a message via ICQ to Nameles
One I'd really love to see is, after downloading 2.666, and having the automatic id3v2 tag support with more "options", it'd be nice if there was an option so you can make it read it it like this:

(Artist) - (Album) - (Track Number) - (Track Title)
Old 28th October 2000, 23:58   #49
Reverend Ike
Evangelical Alumni

Nameles -

Assuming you have ID3v2 tags on your MP3 files:

Open Winamp, go to Winamp Preferences (Ctrl+P), select Plug-ins -> Input, highlight Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder, and click the Configure button.

In the ID3 title formatting section, replace the existing codes (probably %1 - %2) with %1 - %3 - %a - %2, which are the respective codes for:

Artist - Album - Track Number - Track Title

If you actually want parentheses, enter (%1) - (%3) - (%a) - (%2) instead.

After you have entered the proper codes, click OK, exit the Preferences window, and close Winamp. Then re-open Winamp and your new format will be displayed.

[This message has been edited by Reverend Ike (edited October 28, 2000).]
Old 30th October 2000, 07:39   #50
Jebrew

I'd just like to have the ability to rip my cd's to mp3 like in music match...i just think it's a bitch to rip in a separate program, i'd switch to MM, but it ain't free and the plug-ins for it suck...just a suggestion

Old 30th October 2000, 09:56   #51
excavator

Wonder why nobody has mentioned adding the ability to rip/encode mp3z? Did I miss something? I would have thought that would have been the most pop request.

Old 30th October 2000, 10:18   #52
excavator

^ guess I should have read pg 2 before posting :P

Old 31st October 2000, 00:32   #53
flatmatt

For one thing, I personally have MANY skins. I believe that the menus for skins and AVS presets should either have mulitple columns (like the Win95 Programs menu) or be able to scroll (like the Win98 Programs Menu) instead of just going off the screen. To get to most of my skins, I currently have to use the Skin Browser. Also, why is there that thing in the playlist where, if you right-click it, says visualization options? I don't get it. Last, Winamp shouldn't stop the CD playing if you change it to "Play Audio CD".

Old 31st October 2000, 00:46   #54
flatmatt

Oh, yeah, three more things regarding skinning the AVS:

- You should be able to skin the AVS cursors.
- There should be a thing where you can have a different button appear when someone clicks the close button
- You should have two AVS title bars, one for when it's clicked on, the other for when it's not

I think the AVS skinning is crappy.

Old 31st October 2000, 00:50   #55
flatmatt

Ugh, I keep remembering more stuff!

I'd like it if Winamp had an option where it would sort tracks by artists beginning with numbers (like 2Pac, 8Stops7, 3 Doors Down, etc.) by the spelling of the numbers.

And it should put "Limp Bizkit - Counterfeit" before "Limp Bizkit - Counterfeit (Phat Ass Remix)"

Old 2nd November 2000, 03:32   #56
flatmatt

Ahhh! So many ideas for Winamp keep coming to me!

After downloading Winamp 2.666, I want the old credits back. The new ones run at about 1 frame per second on my piece of crap 166 MHz.

The eject button should open the CD-ROM drive, at least when in CD mode.

There was one more thing, but I forgot it. Be prepared for more messages from me.

Old 2nd November 2000, 03:40   #57
Sandvich

I don't know how many of you followed the "ID3v2 support" link included with the Winamp 2.666 announcement; it links to http://www.id3.org/ .
My point is this: CDDB (now Gracenote) is "upgrading" it's database to more or less the audio CD equivalent of the full ID3v2 as stated by www.ID3.org. With all this fresh data at our fingertips, how can we sit back and suffer the (no offense, Nullsoft...) pathetic ID3 support in Winamp? It doesn't even fully support ID3v1.1! Nullsoft - please: set aside a week or so, think out an efficient layout for ID3 editing, not the hybrid dialog box that takes up 90% of a 640x480 screen (579x439 - to be exact), and make it powerful! Lyrics, genre, tempo, mood, track #, the works!
And yes, I know that there is no official standard for ID3v2, but there is www.ID3.org - use it!
P.S. Sorry for the rant, I had to get it out...

Old 2nd November 2000, 03:42   #58
flatmatt

I remembered!

There should be an option with WMA's where you can use the filename when it has an ID3 that you don't like. As long as you can't edit the ID3, at least...

Note to self: shut up.

Old 2nd November 2000, 03:50   #59
flatmatt

I just can't shut up!

- Consistent color codes (not viscolor "rrr, ggg, bbb" and pledit "#rrggbb") for skinners
(NOTE: I don't know if you could do it either way, I should try)
- COOL IDEA: Search for skins by skinner (I've tried, but it never works)

Old 3rd November 2000, 02:27   #60
Numitor

It may have already been suggested but I think it would be cool to make the playlist and the Jump to File script the same. What I mean by this is to put a string seach text box into the playlist itself so that one doesn't have to enter the Jump to file, but just do it in the playlist.
Thanks.. great program guys!

Old 3rd November 2000, 06:43   #61
PonyBoy

ahhh, how about a Windows CE/Pocket PC version???

geo

Old 3rd November 2000, 07:33   #62
jarsonic
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jarsonic
Flatmatt--
Check out the General Discussions section and download the beta version of Winamp 2.7. The Credits are much faster (even on my Cyrix 200)

-- Jarsonic
Old 3rd November 2000, 22:50   #63
shazbot

_Proposed_Right-Click_Option_

Select multiple files in Windows Explorer, then right click and have a new "Create Winamp playlist" option that will simply write the playlist file. It would save a few steps... as it is now, I have to select "Play in Winamp" from the right-click menu, then save the playlist from within Winamp. With the new option, I could go through all my files and group artists' files together in playlists more quickly.

Sincerely,
Kang & Kodos
Earth Capital

Old 3rd November 2000, 23:01   #64
Nameles

Send a message via ICQ to Nameles
Probably can't happen due to scripting, but it'd be nice if it could read it:

311 - Transistor - 1 - Transistor
311 - Transistor - 2 - prisoner

instead of

311 - Transistor - 1 - Transistor
311 - Transistor - 10 - The Continous Life

Oh well, it'd be nice...
Old 4th November 2000, 07:29   #65
Jstalilwyrd
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Jstalilwyrd Send a message via Yahoo to Jstalilwyrd
Hmm, it didn't occur to me till now. How about the option of changing the splash screen? I'd love to see the Winamp cigarette box or that cartoon dude from past Winamps on the splash as well as the current one. Or even make one mocking the startup screens in Microsoft or Adobe products... that would be kool!
Old 5th November 2000, 02:54   #66
Eisbaer

I also miss a history, like the Internet Explorer has, would be nice :-)
Old 5th November 2000, 09:10   #67
QMI6

How about an easy way to remove all the ID3 tags. Some of us spend lots of time working on the files them selves only to have to go and click on the same button (or two now with id3v2 support) some 3000 odd times. A one touch remove all id3 would be great. I would sujest that it has a "are you sure" pop up and not be on the ID3 tag editor so others don't remove all their work on the id3 tags.

Old 6th November 2000, 23:45   #68
Jesuz_RMN

Winamp definetly needs a strong crossfader. Since I occassionally dj I use two winamps. It's way easier then using one. The plugin I use is called WinAmp Crossfader ver 1.01. It allows the user to assign the time to start fading in and out. It also allows for instant fading. I kinda wish the author of this plugin could enhance it and fix the bugs. In my opinion it is the best for djing or just listening to tunes. One thing i do not like about this plugin is, a song only fades out only when the only song is fully faded in. So in that 1-3 sec there is a mega blast of noise and distortion, hence two songs are at fully volume at the same time. Only if I had strong programming skills I would just make my own plugin which suits my needs.

thanks,
jesuz_rmn

------------------
I am he.
Old 6th November 2000, 23:51   #69
Jesuz_RMN

Regarding skinning.
How about, allowing the user to specify the background of the visualization window. Instead of using colors maybe we could use images. that would be mad cool.

------------------
I am he.
Old 10th November 2000, 04:19   #70
Jobe1015

I have to second the mention of the randomizer working better. WinAmp is great, don't get me wrong, but the randomizer sucks. It needs a SERIOUS overhaul.

Old 10th November 2000, 11:16   #71
pete_a_r

I like the list and well its very good !! that alarm clock will be handy!! I need one right now!!! well any way I also wanted to ask if you guys will ever have CD TEXT on this list and well if it's being thought about?? I ask because the plug-in doesn't work for me and it just gives me a "file not found" !!! well other than that this list in NEATo !

Old 10th November 2000, 11:49   #72
ephemeral

oy! a sleep timer would be great. maybe you could make it do:
a)stop/close/quit winamp after x amount of time,
b)stop/close/quit winamp after current track,
c)close/quit winamp after current playlist.

an alarm clock would be nice, but i've already got an alarm clock.

Old 10th November 2000, 11:55   #73
ephemeral

oy! a sleep timer would be great. maybe you could make it do:
a)stop/close/quit winamp after x amount of time,
b)stop/close/quit winamp after current track,
c)close/quit winamp after current playlist.

an alarm clock would be nice, but i've already got an alarm clock.

Old 10th November 2000, 11:59   #74
ephemeral

whoops, forgot one--
also could you make it stop/close/quit after it repeats playlist/current track x amount of times?
thanks

Old 10th November 2000, 18:21   #75
Blacks_Law

Well kids. I'm not really new to winamp but I don't really keep up to date either. The Last version I downloaded before the .666 ver was 2.10. I must say that I really love everything about the latest winamp... with the exception of the playlist editer. The functions on the .10 compared to the .666 are far simpler and much less complicating to my simple mind. I would love to see these easy to use and understand functions come back.
Old 10th November 2000, 19:25   #76
Mf

A couple of things I'd like to see:
- Random choice of visualisation, like the way skins are handled. I'd rather have the visualization change lots than the user interface.
- Visualisation as a screensaver, after a timeout winamp fires up a random one.
- An option for winamp not to stop cd play on exit. Kinda like the windows cd player, so I can unload it when I want and then start it up again when I wanna skip tracks, visualise or whatever.

---

Mf
Old 10th November 2000, 21:01   #77
Nextbit

Hi ppl... The list is nice, very nice...
But you all are forgeting Divx, why not make winamp a divx player, it would be great... And you can use the xmms dll, or use the sdmpeg dll, it's a unix module, but compiling it into intel x86 will also do, and thus you have, winamp playing divx in all it's digital glory... Oh, yes, don't forget to include MAD plugin, or atleast see if you can cosider 24bit output, TRUE 24bit, not downsampled shit... Thanks... you ppl are way cool... Winamp rules...
check out my site http://www.nextbit.net

Thanks, and justin, don't paint your hair, you look like a dork... (cheers, heeeheee)...

Old 11th November 2000, 03:55   #78
metx

There should be an easy way to save files. Ex: If you are listening to shoutcast, you like the song, so u wanna save it.

Or is there already a way to do this?

Old 11th November 2000, 05:37   #79
Wulfsbane

Send a message via ICQ to Wulfsbane
Ok, i'll add to the maelstrom

Specify certain skins for songs
(i.e. a genre, or artist, or something else specified in the ID3/ID3v2 tag)

Modular skin design
(probably already mentioned before, but something like sonique- 'cause it's the only thing it has over Winamp!)

winamp as screensaver
(without special plug-in)

ummm... ok that's it

as always, feel free to contact me if you have any comments
Old 11th November 2000, 08:26   #80
Ish

winamp is everything a little girl could want in a high fidelty audio media player. we need a nullsoft made video player, that can be integrated into winamp, or be used as a standalone application.
www.pingpongclub.org
disbjake@aol.com

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist