Old 4th December 2000, 21:44   #121
ReFlEcTiNg^GoD

Cut n Paste!! Ive found that when u have a large playlist and theres a few songs u want to play in a certain order, its really hard to drag them to where u want. Maybe adding a cut and paste feature in will help move songs around faster. ctrl-x and ctrl-v should be used to keep things simple.

Old 4th December 2000, 21:46   #122
ReFlEcTiNg^GoD

Cut n Paste!! Ive found that when u have a large playlist and theres a few songs u want to play in a certain order, its really hard to drag them to where u want. Maybe adding a cut and paste feature in will help move songs around faster. ctrl-x and ctrl-v should be used to keep things simple.

Old 7th December 2000, 09:00   #123
Jeno1

* A switch if i want to use the id3v2 or not cuz i have mp3s written to cd with wrong id3v2 (the id3v1 works alone well) THX!

Or ! Somebody noticed (i've forgotten his name) that an external id3 database (based on track name and size) would be perfect.

Old 7th December 2000, 23:57   #124
Morthanmeetsthei

plugin that takes snapshots of visualization screens for
w/a/l/l/p/a/p/e/r
p.s. sorry for the cheesiness on the other topic i posted

Old 8th December 2000, 20:53   #125
PoV

Talking about ID3v2 (like everybody does those days ), it would be really cool if, since ID3v2 is at the beginning of the file, the mpp3decoder uses them when streaming a mp3 file.
Old 9th December 2000, 06:08   #126
flatmatt
Iron Chef
(Reviewer)

visualiztaion snapshots? have you ever heard of the PRINT SCREEN key and MS Paint?

------------------
We may have lost this one, but there are others...

VOTE RALPH NADER 2004!!!!

Then e-mail me at flatmatt@mediaone.net
Old 9th December 2000, 22:56   #127
joe2planks

Could you add font size options? I don't really care what the skins look like as much as whether I can read the song titles etc. Skins are cute, but I can be content with a nice piece of wallpaper in the background. I have the hardest time finding a skin that looks good AND has legible fonts because of this size issue.

------------------
-Joe
Old 10th December 2000, 18:29   #128
dibz

First off, i have alot of Mp3's. It would be great if you changed (or gave the option) to make the playlist use a Treeview type structure. That way i can have all my mp3's in the same playlist sorted nicely. For example I can load a Full Albums playlist, then i see all my albums like this:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">code:</font><HR><pre>
+Sneaker Pimps
+Offspring
+Anime Mp3's

then i expand sneaker pimps like this:

+Sneaker Pimps
-6 Underground
-Something
-Something
-Something
+Offspring
+Anime Mp3's
[/code]

Kind of a poor example, but you get the idea!

Old 11th December 2000, 22:39   #129
Paul Lomba

I just gotta say that my last name "Lomba" sorta sounds like Llama.

-Lomba

Old 12th December 2000, 00:18   #130
nymachine

I'm amazed that no one else has suggested adding cut and paste functionality. It would seem a simple thing to do - although I'm not programmer, so what do I know.

However, it would make life easier for those of us who toss everything into one playlist and constantly rearrange it.
Old 12th December 2000, 01:57   #131
LoveWinamp

Any possibility of ripping/encoding in future releases? I have to carry MusicMatch on my drive as well, just for ripping.

Old 5th April 2001, 09:54   #132
nipmads

Automatically update playlist

Just a small request that I didn't see mentioned anywhere, automatically updating of the playlist. So if you download a lot of songs daily (like most of us then it updates one folder for use with winamp, so whenever a new song is added, or every i.e. ten minutes it refreshes without having to load the titles.

Besides this the wish list looks brilliant
Thanx
Old 5th April 2001, 18:38   #133
ep0ch

AVS skin modulation

Please can we have the output from AVS modulate the winamp skin? I.e. overlay the AVS onto the skin using transparancy.

It looks great and shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Old 6th April 2001, 02:11   #134
compupc1

Send a message via AIM to compupc1
Old Thread

This thread is several months old...
Old 7th April 2001, 03:04   #135
big_bad_billy

i reckon we should have a tree type sorting thing for playlists, ie.

MP3S
..|-Red Hot Chili Peppers
..|...|-Aeroplane
..|...|-Californication
..|...|-Under The Bridge
..|-Metallica
..|-Rage Against The Machine
..|-Frenzal Rhomb
..|-Green Day
(the dots are the only way to get it spaced properly, they wouldnt actually be there)
would be sweeeeeet. also a stop adn quit after current song would be good. winamp should also support infa red remote controlls, it might already, but i dont know.
also a auto id3 tag generator, ie. if a song file is called Rage Against The Machine - Voice Of The Voiceless it would generate a tag for it, ie
Title:Voice Of The Voiceless
Artist:Rage Against The Machine

ps. i know someone already mentioned treeview, but this is a better example

[Edited by big_bad_billy on 04-06-2001 at 10:41 PM]
Old 8th April 2001, 08:31   #136
yanhai

My opinion

I suggest discussing
"why I like winamp than wmplayer or other"
"how winamp still better than other"

/////////////////////////
sample:
for 1: winamp can edit file info.wmplayer can't.
for 2: other people'advice is very good.
I said my wish.
I am pant for I can select all or some files
in playlist or in ML(winamp3),then I right-click
on them,I want see a menuitem
"name file by title"
It's excellent!
when I have so many files named track1,track2,...
I realy want I can change filename by their mp3 title so that I can easy to find them in explorer
or other environment out winamp.
It's realy excellent!
the other advice :
I would like the file I used to play with winamp
should be(or optional) add to the ML database(winamp3)
sroll the title
I am chinese.
My charset is gb-2312.
My language is two char per word,no like english one char per char.so when I sroll the title named chinese.
I get the word that don't exist in chinese.
I have seen DeeLight have advised sroll title pixel by
pixel.I think It's can also solve my problem.
addtion,I don't want see the string "winamp" in sroll
string.
////////////////////////
Old 9th April 2001, 03:59   #137
yanhai

delect songs

1.always I want to delete a song that being played.
So I want I can do it.
2.after I delte a song,I found i have delete a song
selected,'oh,I hite it!' always the song I want to delete
is not seleted,and I did't relize this.
and the warning dialog did't tell me the song'name I'll
delete.I so hite it.
above all.
I advise I can right click the song or songs I want to
delete,then I select delect from disk.and then if one
song I have selected,the warning dialog would tell me
the song's name let me ensure that.
////////////////////////////////////////////
///////////////////////////////////////////
I think it very very very importent.
thank you reply and support me.
Old 11th April 2001, 12:50   #138
acid

i love nullsoft

thx
Old 15th April 2001, 05:40   #139
MaNiC_Dnot

well, i already posted this in another thread, but it would be really neat to have a auto-hide feature like the taskbar and additional toolbars in windows. (See other thread for a better explanation)
Old 17th April 2001, 08:00   #140
compupc1

Send a message via AIM to compupc1
I really like the previously posted idea of a tree-like view for playlists. Perhaps there could be a way to speciy first tier, second tier, etc. For instance, I might want to sort by genre first, artist second, album third, track number fourth, by title fourth if there is no track number present. We have this great ID3 tag support now. It would nice to be able to utilize it. I know Winamp 3's media library is headed in this direction, but it should translate to the playlist itself.

Of course, there may be circumstances where such a tree is not to be desired. On small playlists of only one or two artists or of all different artists one would want the nested tree style completely turned off. Also, on larger playlists comprised mostly of entire albums, where there are only a couple songs that aren't really part of one, a miscellaneous section at then end of the playlist or something would be in order.

Okay, i'm babbling again. Please disconnect me from the forum immediately.
Old 21st May 2001, 15:01   #141
flatmatt
Iron Chef
(Reviewer)

Yay! My first thread is still here! Geez, I was rude. Sorry.
Old 24th May 2001, 19:05   #142
Raknox

Two more wishes for Winamp

1) A "synch" control that would let me delay the actual sound output to synch better with a vis display. Make it some obscure hotkey. This would fix a MAJOR problem that I have with most vis. I can't always use "High Priority" and that doesn't usually fix the problem anyway.

2) I second the motion for a "pointer" file that would store play points within an mp3 file. I listen to audiobook files which are often 60 min long... it would be GREAT to be able to pick up exactly where I left off.

Remembering stuff like this is what computers do well. Sadly, AFAIK none of the portable MP3 players have any facility for such bookmarks either.

Old 25th May 2001, 16:00   #143
inch high bison

wow - read the whole impressive list, and I have but one addition

- set a track to be played after the current one ends

often I'll be listening to a song and realise what I want to hear next.... I'd like to be able to right click and select "play this track after current one ends"

great app, hope someone in the position to do something reads this
Old 29th May 2001, 23:14   #144
archfeld

Alternate access other than GraceNote

I have a problem using CDDB, namely GraceNote is run by conniving sleeze bags. It would be awesome to be able to point towards FREEDB instead of the Pirates at Gracenote.
Old 11th June 2001, 02:38   #145
os2fan
Banned

I agree with all the items on the wish list - all good enhancements. Can I suggest another one?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!! AN OS/2 VERSION!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon now. The MacNasties have one now, isn't it our due for OS/2?

Heck, charge for it if you have to. I'm prepared to pay for a good port of the developed core WinAMp to this point ....

Old 11th June 2001, 10:23   #146
peter
ist death

Compiled Wishlist that Nullsoft will see

<blah>
i want winamp to tie my shoes !!!
</blah>
Old 11th June 2001, 15:04   #147
vbdude

Wasabi wishlist!

Yeah baby yeah!
Finally an official wishlist.
So far Wasabi is really cool. I mean the new skin and scripting engine is out of this world! Well done Brennan!
Francis, we need more scripting power man. *grin*
Dont get me wrong, your doing a *great* job but we could use more scripting functions or methods to talk with the Wasabi core, if you get my drift. And I heard that Wasabi is gonna be portable. Waaaaay cool. So thats about it.
Maybe a few pre APIs will be cool. Plus beta news updates!
Please! Were starving for news! Denny!
Ok so thats about it. Thanks a bunch team! *grin*
Old 11th June 2001, 15:56   #148
peter
ist death

/me yawns
Old 16th June 2001, 16:28   #149
bk4

Keyboard Shortcut to Play CD

The subject line says it all -- I would like to use a "keyboard shortcut" to begin play of a CD.

Also, why not a "keyboard shortcut" to eject the CD? And please ... change the "eject" button so it actually ejects a CD, not opens a file.

Thanks.
Old 25th June 2001, 21:37   #150
bonelifer

FreeDB and downloadable CDDB

It would be nice if there was a plugin which supported the CDDB that is downloadable from http://www.freedb.org Program's like Cd'n'Go already support this and it would make Winamp an even better Player than it already is.

keep herding and whippin' Llahma ass.
Old 27th June 2001, 10:15   #151
hobbit13

Got a little idea about locking playlist files for shuffle.
So you can lock some file so they will always be play after eachother. This is handy with albums with contain tracks that belong to eachother, like "The happiest days of our lives"& "Another brick in the wall - part 2" from Pink Floyd.
Old 1st July 2001, 00:09   #152
ScSaBeRg

Send a message via AIM to ScSaBeRg
My Wishes

1)I wish you could turn off the CDDB box if the CD is not found.

2)Have the option of reading the burnt "CD-TEXT" instead of CDDB.

3) Submit to CDDB option

4)Winamp should search the whole CDDB, instead of one server/part. I can switch to another program and it might find the CD's Info.

5)It would be cool if some how you could make winamp skin change based on the artist, or certain songs. Like if you were listening to a Britney Spears' song, it would go to a Britney Spears' skin.
Old 1st July 2001, 02:09   #153
Chris Beman

What, if you repost a new version of this list every 100 posts, so it would be more compact for all!
Old 2nd July 2001, 18:22   #154
Y1KX2

My 2 Wishes

1-
Support for downloading to "RCA Kazoo" & other portable
MP3 Players
2-
Ability To Refresh Playlist When Adding mp3 files to a directory that Winamp is playing.
------
Winamp is the best of the best, but I need a program that will work with my portable MP3 player. "Musicmatch" does,
but ever since I installed It "Winamp" Freezes for no reason.

Y1kx2
Old 3rd July 2001, 00:11   #155
JIJedema

Send a message via AIM to JIJedema Send a message via Yahoo to JIJedema
I'd like to see a sort function which can sort my list on album and/or tracknumbers.
Greetz
Old 4th July 2001, 01:07   #156
Dan42

Annoying plug-in windows

Most of the sugestions can easily be implemented as plugins, and very often ALREADY EXIST as plugins. Maybe the most useful thing in this case would be a better web interface to find the plugin one needs. As it is, you have to browse through hundreds of plugins in hope of finding the one you want because the search function is dodgy at best (you can't even make a search within a specific plugin section!). And often there are plugins completely irrelevant to the section you're in (why are there AVS presets in the general plugins section?!?) And the plugins never stay in the same order each time you visit! It's utter chaos, and not surprising that people keep requesting stuff that is already available (in multiple versions) as a plugin. You'd think the Winamp staff would capitalize on all those people willing to write free add-ons for them but instead it's left in a state of semi-decay.

But there is one thing I would really like and which is impossible to do as a plugin: Add submenus (in the main Winamp menu) to show/hide the different plugin windows. Instead of having the Main Windows, Playlist Editor, Equalizer and Minibrowser menus in the main Winamp menu, they should go in a submenu ("windows") and all windows opened by plugins should be automatically added to the list. Since DLL plugins work in the same memory space as the main program, it should be possible, right? To detect windows opened by plugins? And I *think* it should also be possible, in the same way, to automatically remove plugins from the taskbar. It would really help to de-clutter the screen and the taskbar.
Old 5th July 2001, 17:03   #157
teetee

ID3v2

I'd like to see proper advanced ID3v2 support. If you look at the ogg vorbis decoder plugin its tag support allows you to add tags as Name=Value pairs. A mode like this would be great. Also I'd really like to see Picture support in the ID3v2 support. If you check out musicmatch it has support for album art. A more versatile thing would obviously be being able to add as many pictures as you like to your MP3 file. Also you should be able to display them in a little window as in Musicmatch. (they also have the possibility of tiling the album art as desktop wallpaper which i'm sure might be considered naff by some is considered cool by my GF so...)

Otherwise Winamp is cool. Pity Winamp3 is taking so long to develop!
Old 6th July 2001, 18:24   #158
MHz-Man

Track numbers

In the playlist, as far as I can tell there is no way to get a track's number to be displayed if the MP3 has ID3 info. Much of my list consists of CDs I've ripped myself and I put ID3v2 info in all of them, including the track number. However, in the playlist only the "Title" and "Artist" info from the ID3 tag is displayed. I know ways to get around this problem, like removing the ID3v2 info from all my MP3 files so that the filenames are displayed instead, or adding the track number to the title info in the ID3 tag. I guess this just all boils down to a "more ID3 tag options and functionality" request. Maybe it could be a display option much like the naming options in CDex. Something like:

%1 for Track number
%2 for Title
%3 for Artist
%4 for Album
%5 for Year

And so on. Then the user can customize what they want displayed and in what order on the playlist. I would do:

%1 - %3 - %2

Just to display something like

"12 - Nightmares On Wax - Les Nuits"

Well, enough artist's name dropping for one post, I'm out of here! And oh yeah, I like the idea of a tree structure in the playlist. I would make a tree for each of my complete albums. That would be really useful.

MHz-Man
Old 7th July 2001, 15:36   #159
Lassak

Send a message via ICQ to Lassak
plz add the feature that you can delete physically a file with a shortcut like STRG+K (for KILL)

http://www.aphax.net
Old 9th July 2001, 21:43   #160
Chris Beman

A better idea than my last post on this thread (don't look for it, it was stupid): If some Mod thinks that we have all wishes together, he/she should make a forum announcement with the full list to prevent dublicates and to give us an overview.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist