Old 17th October 2007, 02:01   #1
marlykins

Send a message via AIM to marlykins
Pandora Radio, Last.fm

Here's an idea I would really like to see become reality:

The ability to play Pandora Radio in winamp.

I really love Pandora, and I really love Winamp. I just think the integration of playing Pandora into the Winamp console would be great.

As well, I think the ability to send your Now Playing info for music files or perhaps radio stations played inside Winamp to Last.Fm without the need for installing a plugin would be great as well.

Those are just my Wishlist wishes!
marlykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 06:06   #2
pepanee

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...in-winamp.html
pepanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 19:00   #3
marlykins

Send a message via AIM to marlykins
Pepanee:

Yeah, I know about that. =] Unfortunately, it does not work in Winamp 5.5. =[ I googled extensively any way to do this in 5.5 but was unsuccessful.

Thank you though! =]
marlykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 00:05   #4
Xechorizo

Yeah, I too am looking for this. 5.52.
Xechorizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 11:57   #5
JonnyMac

Quote:
From the Common Issues section of the Troubleshooters Sticky...

Adding extra channels to Online Services (eg. Live365)
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=260971
That change will allow you to access Pandora or LastFM from Winamp's Media Library. It does not mean that the "stations" or tracks will be played from Winamp. It is basically the same instructions from pepanee's link.

Note what DJ said about the numbering and ordering, the numbers in the above example may be different for you. Also, depending on your Winamp install, the ml_online.ini file may not be located in the default Winamp\Plugins\ml folder, but instead may be located in...

%appdata%\Winamp\plugins\ml Where %appdata% is a shortcut to the 'Application Data'/'User Settings' folder. You can click on the Start button > click the Run icon and put %appdata%\Winamp\plugins\ml in the Open box and click OK.

The actual path will vary with the current Windows version you are using. Example...

Windows 2000 Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Winamp\plugins\ml

Windows Vista
c:\users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\plugins\ml

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 16:56   #6
TomTheGeek

Quote:
Originally posted by marlykins
Pepanee:

Yeah, I know about that. =] Unfortunately, it does not work in Winamp 5.5. =[ I googled extensively any way to do this in 5.5 but was unsuccessful.

Thank you though! =]
This works in 5.5, I just verified it. Just follow the directions at http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/05/listen-to-pandora-in-winamp.html. Note though that \Plugins\ml\ml_online.ini will be under C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR LOGIN NAME]\Application Data\Winamp\Plugins\ml if you installed Winamp with separate profiles for each user.
TomTheGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 18:17   #7
DarkHawke

Okay, now how about some REAL Pandora support?

Sure, the .ini hack works, but only so far. For instance, I can hit the pause button on my multimedia keyboard and a Shoutcast station will pause (or at least stops streaming). The hack does give me a shortcut to the Pandora home page and I can use the controls on that page, but if I try using my media keys, the last played file through Winamp proper starts up. Is it a licensing thing, either with Pandora or the infamous RIAA, or just no desire to provide a fuller level of support?

Alternately, can anyone suggest a "wrapper" app for Pandora? I'm using Pandora's Box, which does support play/pause and track advance from my media keys, but they altered the Pandora home page just enough that if I want to see what's playing, I have to scoot the window around some. A fiddling minor point, I admit completely, but as well, PB has always been a bit of a memory/CPU hog, and it's no longer being supported. If there's a better solution out there, I'd love to hear about it.
DarkHawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 22:20   #8
homes32

1up for this.

also using the .ini hack doesn't let you use Winamp's volume control.

homes32
homes32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 22:23   #9
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
You can ask the people behind Pandora to make a Media Library plugin for Winamp. But the idea of AOL integrating a third-party service into Winamp (without some large piles of cash changing hands) is slim to none.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 08:31   #10
jbond23

"You can ask the people behind Pandora to make a Media Library plugin for Winamp. But the idea of AOL integrating a third-party service into Winamp (without some large piles of cash changing hands) is slim to none."

*So* tired of this argument. In relation to iTunes as the market leader, I can understand it, especially with Apple's not invented here attitude. Same for MS and Media player. But AOL needs to understand that Winamp is just another player now and needs to compete on features and function regardless of competition with other parts of its business.
jbond23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist