Old 2nd January 2012, 03:49   #1
kmfdmdaw

Question Winamp and BT Not Sending Music Data to Car Stereo

First let me start off by saying that Winamp works well with my Toyota Highlander BT Radio. Here is one thing I noticed though. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 that has a stock MP3 player. Before I d/l winamp I would play my music through the stock MP3 player and the BT would receive the metadata from the MP3 player and the name of the song and artist were displayed on the car's stereo screen. The stock MP3 player won't shuffle song on a playlist. I like my music to be mixed up. I d/l winamp and noticed that the songs title and artist aren't displayed anymore on my stereo's screen. It's the same MP3s just a different player (winamp now). Anyone know of a way to solve this or is there a plug-in I could get? Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
kmfdmdaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:53   #2
MadMitch

Having the same problem, no ID3 tags displaying on my Sony MEX-BT3900U
MadMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2012, 05:41   #3
CrimsonKing

Ditto

I have the same problem. The standard media player for my Galaxy Note streams tag info to my car stereo when I am connected via bluetooth (The artis name, album name, track# show up on the screen). Winamp is a much better player in almost every way, but the Pro Version (which I have) cannot do this. What is up?
CrimsonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 03:31   #4
cydog000

Same Here

I have a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. I switched to winamp and now my track info is not displaying either. Its paired to an alpine player. I wonder if its a bug with the Galaxy S2's. Thanks for letting me know that its also a problem with the pro version. I was going to go pro but I am going to wait till they fix this bug.

The track info is very vital to me as I need to know the song names that I like to create my set list for parties. Its really annoying and dangerous for me to have to put in my lock code then read a song name on my phone when I'm driving in my car.
cydog000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
android, bluetooth, bt radio, metadata, mp3 data