Old 26th March 2015, 00:22   #1
Vozho

How to reload/rescan the entire playlist

Okay, so, first to briefly explain my situation.

I have a playlist with 20k+ songs.
I have a 'Music' folder, but I've excluded some artists and songs and just didn't include the entire thing, so I cannot recreate this playlist easily.

Recently I've added custom ATF in preferences so I would want Winamp to reload ALL the titles in the playlist,
just like when you add new songs to Winamp and it reads them all.
By the way, I want to do this in the Playlist, not the Media Library
(although if there's a workaround using Media Library that's obviously okay).

I tried to change the metadata reading in preferences...->Titles->Metadata Reading, but it didn't work.

So how do I make Winamp reread/rescan/reload (I don't know how it's called) all the songs in the playlist?
Vozho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 01:40   #2
DrO

do select all (Ctrl+A) in the playlist editor and then do Ctrl+Alt+E (the Ctrl+Alt+E action may also work if you ensure the playlist editor is selected and there is no selection, but doing a select all should guarantee it will work)
or
on the ATF page, when you edit the ATF string, you will be asked to re-build the titles on closing the prefs page (assuming you're using a current Winamp release -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....74929#download)
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 03:04   #3
Vozho

I'm using the newest 5.666 Winamp.

Quote:
on the ATF page, when you edit the ATF string, you will be asked to re-build the titles on closing the prefs page
it was asking me that when I close preferences, and when I was doing it on my main 20k+ list, Winamp was just not responding. And when I reopen the playlist, it's just like nothing happened.

But in the meantime after posting this thread, I figured out that it works on small playlists, it DOES refresh.
And on my computer, if I try 1000+ songs playlist and change ATF and close preferences, Winamp hangs for a long time...
It also hangs for a long time when I tried your solution (I waited like 20 minutes) to select all songs and then press Ctrl+Alt+E.

But thanks for that Ctrl+Alt+E shortcut, I didn't know about it. So I figured out how I'm going to do it:
I can just select songs by for example, clicking 1. song, and then shift-clicking 500. song.
That would select all songs in between. And then, I can press Ctrl+Alt+E, and it would refresh those first 500 songs. And I can do that like 40 times. Not fast, but at least it works if I'm not doing it frequently (and I wanted to do it only once).

So the problem is kinda solved
Old 26th March 2015, 10:21   #4
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
just out of curiosity, could you use smartviews instead of a playlist?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 13:05   #5
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vozho View Post
it was asking me that when I close preferences, and when I was doing it on my main 20k+ list, Winamp was just not responding. And when I reopen the playlist, it's just like nothing happened.
it can take time to re-process that many items and it sounds like you weren't allowing Winamp to complete the task (which can make it look like its hung / crashed according to Windows). as that prompt does the same thing as the Ctrl+Alt+E action.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 15:17   #6
Vozho

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it can take time to re-process that many items and it sounds like you weren't allowing Winamp to complete the task (which can make it look like its hung / crashed according to Windows). as that prompt does the same thing as the Ctrl+Alt+E action.
I suppose maybe it would work in the end...it only hangs, it doesn't crash.
The process takes 9% of processor time constantly though. That's not much.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
atf, metadata, playlist, reload, rescan