Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 18th June 2017, 12:54   #1
makamba

Display artists and albums in media library instead of all songs?

Since I upgraded my PC from XP to Windows 10 I'm not that happy with the appearance of my WinAmp. Before I had in my Media Library a list with albums per artist. Now it seems the library lists the songs per artist. So songs of a collection album are scattered over the media library. And when I want to listen to an album (for instance Hand on the Torch from US3) I have to scroll hours before I reach the album. And sometimes I even don't no the album I want to hear.

So what has someone to do to order/group the media list by artist & album instead of artist & song?

makamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 12:09   #2
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makamba View Post
Since I upgraded my PC from XP to Windows 10 I'm not that happy with the appearance of my WinAmp.

It is not Windows 10 which changes the appearance of your Winamp Skin. It is the fact that you install Winamp for the very first time (on your Windows 10 machine) and default settings are used during the installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makamba View Post
So what has someone to do to order/group the media list by artist & album instead of artist & song?
You can move the tabs to the left and to the right. By doing so you can set the sort order in your tab bar to your liking. Secondly, you can click on the tiny triangle on the tab and sort the content of the column from A to Z and vice versa.

P.S. Try to upload your screenshots to the forum's server using the "Manage Attachments" option.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	medialibrary.png
Views:	64
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	53316  
PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 16:19   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

A long standing short-coming of sorting in the media library is that only 1 column can be sorted at a time. For example, it is not possible to do a primary sort of 1 column and then do a secondary sort of another column while maintaining the primary sort of the other column. This can lead to an artist's albums being split up when sorting a total collection listing by the album column.

It is also possible for different artists to use the same name for their albums. The work-a-round I use (to avoid confusion in this case) is to add the artist name to the album name in each file's album metadata tag when the same album name is used by different artists.

Another sorting solution is to create a custom smartview that will keep all the albums and songs of each artist in separate groups. All the arrangements selectable in the media library under the local library heading are smartviews. These views are just examples of what can be done. You can make a few edits to these default smartviews and save them with different names or create new smartviews that look completely different.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support