Old 23rd January 2011, 15:05   #41
webthing
Forum King

Very cool game.

playauditorium.com/

I'm just a beginner but here are a few tips.

1. Take a few moments to plan out your moves.

2. Adjustment moves in small increments.

3. cheats on youtube
webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 15:33   #42
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I don't know what I'm doing....
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 16:37   #43
webthing
Forum King

Move the arrow icons into the light beams to direct the light to fill audio levels. Fill up with the proper color and all the parts of the music will play. All must be filled to goto next level.
Expanded the outer ring to increase gravity. (curve the light more)

Solve each level by manipulating the flow of light to create the perfect balance of music. The streams of light represent sound particles that you bend toward boxes until the audio levels are full. When the flow is correct, the audio levels fill up with the proper color and all the parts of the music will play.

The controls are very intuitive, but the main thing you need to know is you can expand and contract each direction button by clicking and dragging the edges. You start off with a directional arrow or two to guide the streams of light toward the audio level boxes. The navigation buttons become more tricky on later levels with the addition of the attractor control (the other controls mentioned in the instructions aren't available yet). You'll also have multiple colors to contend with, where you must guide the streams of light through rings of color to match the correct audio boxes.

If your computer is older you might want to take the game out of full screen mode—just press [ESC]. You can also right-click to change the graphics setting lower.

Often puzzles that involve directing a beam of light to an object are very rigid and there's only one answer. One of the best things about this game is there are many ways to solve each puzzle, which makes taking your time to experiment and have fun with the flow just as satisfying as finding the solutions. The last couple of levels, however, test the free form philosophy of the game makers, as they seem so complicated and so placement-specific that it's hard to imagine that there truly are multiple solutions

http://www.playauditorium.com/learn_more
Old 23rd January 2011, 16:59   #44
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Don't make me hurt you!
Old 23rd January 2011, 17:09   #45
webthing
Forum King

Old 23rd January 2011, 18:18   #46
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Nostalgia attack!
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 19:54   #47
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ @webthing Nice!!!! I'm now going nuts trying to circle a cat and wave a bunch of odd icons around and make an Arch and Music ...sorta'...Thanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
@ G-Man....Yeah ya' are!
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:17   #48
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
I found a lot of cassettes that match my collection items. I was very fond of multipacks of TDK D-90's because despite being low cost (normal bios), the sound quality was excellent, and they came in gorgeous zip-up imitation leather carriers, and some came in stronger canvas-type carriers too. For more important recording, I used Maxell high bios cassettes or TDK type IV metal models. I still often play them on my stereos, using a Pioneer CT-W616DR (at the time, the best dual-well player in existance) on one stereo and a Pioneer CT-1370WR (mid-grade unit) on the other. My Camry still has a cassette/CD player in it too, so sometimes it's good to listen to old recorded jazz shows on it. I'm guessing my cassette collection is between 400 and 500 items, mostly recorded cassettes from friends that collected vinyl and early CDs. Thanks for posting the links.

The music game was fun, I was in the middle of the third set of puzzles when I took a break.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 01:29   #49
gaekwad2
Foorum King

I mostly used whatever mainstream type II cassette was the cheapest at that moment, usually TDK SA, or affordable type IV like TDK MA or Sony Metal-XR (=SR). Type I was too noisy for my taste, and with older decks that had no calibration or HX-Pro the high end suffered too much.
I used a number of decks, the first one being this (which was my parents' (I'm not that old), and actually fairly good for its time) and the last one a Sony TC-K750ES, which was the only deck I ever had that produced recordings that didn't sound obviously worse than the original, and luckily it lasted until cassettes became obsolete (in fact it still works, or at least it did the last time I checked).
With the Sony even recordings on really cheap budget cassettes (like these*) came out generally good enough for car stereo use, though that may also have to do with the fact that nobody I knew had any kind of high end sound system in their car.

*gotta love how they're compared to "cheapo" tape, plus I honestly can't remember any cheaper cassettes than these available at the time

off topic? what's that?
Old 24th January 2011, 05:19   #50
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

heh, yeah, very offtopic, but interesting nonetheless. My first component cassette player was a Teac that was much older than me but I finally laid it to rest 2 years ago when it started playing inconsistent speeds. During it's last couple years of service for me it was part of a garage stereo, so having it exposed to temperature and humidity extremes was likely an issue. I'm not sure what model it was, as this was cropped from a bigger picture, and not high enough resolution to read. I still have the manual in a file cabinet, but too lazy to look up. Edit - after some squinting and checking with google, it's an A-460.

As for a "cool site", I use kayak.com any time I want to look up flight rates, since it checks all the major airlines and all the major bundle sites like expedia, orbitz, etc. after putting in your information only once.

Old 24th January 2011, 10:21   #51
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

http://www.neatorama.com/
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 21:29   #52
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
this is a spam: my portfolio on http://openprocessing.org
Yes, I'm a Java nerd!

And I've also, just today, found a useful blog with a lot of Actionscript resources: http://blog.soulwire.co.uk/
I'm quite new to Flash and Actionscript but I'm already into it, since I was "forced" to it at a job that I have since two months. We're working on multiple apps for something like the little little brother of Meego. Actually it's still open, for what devices we're developing precisely.
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 01:13   #53
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
http://www.freetacticaltips.com/

Free Tactical Tips, a video blogspot done by OPSGEAR that provides video demonstrations on how to defend yourself from threats of violence, including firearms, knives, and open hand defense...They upload a new tip at least once a week...Really great if you want to teach yourself the formality, or if you need the formality to teach someone else (Especially for someone like your wife, girlfriend, sister, daughter, from robbers and rapists)...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 13:09   #54
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
how to defend yourself

in case you want the not overcomplicated version.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 16:01   #55
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88

I like my Blackhawk Tatang a lot better, but thank you...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 27th January 2011, 16:43   #56
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

yeah yeah, nice knife btw, but... mine is for camping anyway

and in all honesty, i mostly bought it in case i had a need for a decent blade that wouldn't die prying open a can (if i had to, wouldn't want to subject it to that) plus, yours is more of a slicing/utility weapon anyway, it even has the serrated "tree cutter" on the back and a faux serrated area near the hilt, mine is much better suited for a quick jab and re-pocketing.

don't get me started, i'm still looking for an excuse to play with my new machete (damn weather )

Old 27th January 2011, 18:15   #57
gaekwad2
Foorum King

It's cute how people think any of that will really help them.
Old 27th January 2011, 19:09   #58
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^No...It's awful.
Old 27th January 2011, 19:38   #59
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post
to be quite honest, who needs a knife in a fight you're not prepared for?
sides, that thing is a felony for a concealed weapon if i did carry it regularly.

Old 27th January 2011, 20:02   #60
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Do what I do. Scream and get hysterical. It works! Really!!!
Old 28th January 2011, 03:01   #61
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post
Jager's biography on the site shows he's legitimate; An Air Force combat instructor has much more background experience than someone who can teach you Rex Kwon Do...The tips show you defensive measures and how to break contact to escape harm anyway, not win a fight...

Of course, one of the videos on there also covers the issue of mental awareness and combat mindset; No amount of training and no type of weapon can save someone if they aren't aware of their surroundings and aren't willing to take proper judgmental action, especially since various levels of stress can hinder one's judgment...It's more of a "philosophy" than a tip, but without that philosophy, all "tips" are worthless...

If I had that kind of a mindset when I was still in high school, I wouldn't have been jumped...But I didn't, and I did...Walked right around that corner with my head up my ass and didn't bother to take any clues in until I was past a point of no return, and the next thing I know, I was taking punches over a 50-cent drink...It wasn't bad, but it could have been easily avoidable...I've never encountered another violent situation since then, and this is over 5 years now, but I've also never held a sense of naive security, no matter the setting...

I mean, schools are supposed to be a safe place, but that also didn't protect me...But then again, if it wasn't for that, I would probably still be the naive person I used to be, the easiest of punching bags for the lowest of thugs...Fuck that...

Or maybe next time, I'll still get my ass kicked...All I know is I won't be walking around all herp-derp anymore...

[edit]Great, try using "herp/derp" when instructing people on combat defense and see how seriously they take you... [/edit]

Old 28th January 2011, 04:28   #62
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
[edit]Great, try using "herp/derp" when instructing people on combat defense and see how seiously they take you... [/edit]
about as seriously as we just took gaekwad blowing hot air.

and for what it's worth, good for you for getting real instruction, don't bother with anyone who's never had to use his fighting skill outside of an exhibition or training.

personally, i don't start fights, i don't get into fights if i can avoid it, but if you force me, believe i will finish them motherfucker, once self defense is out of the way and they've swung and connected.... it's all about disable or kill (never had to, hope i won't ever need to) in as short a time as possible.

Old 28th January 2011, 09:01   #63
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I take G-Man seriously, thankyouverymuch. I'm glad you don't start fights. I'm all about the love.
Old 28th January 2011, 12:09   #64
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdykats View Post
I take G-Man seriously, thankyouverymuch. I'm glad you don't start fights. I'm all about the love.
we all do... if there's a reason....
anyway, nothing personal meant to him or anyone else of course, just.... sometimes you're wrong, sometimes you're (possibly) dead and wrong.

and i'm not posting my "face" again in the post your pic thread, so no more "love" for you

Old 28th January 2011, 13:28   #65
gaekwad2
Foorum King

It's funny, I managed to stop getting into fights by the time I was twelve. And I never got any combat training.

But of course I never got to do any of that cool macho posturing, or to feel like an urban warrior taking on the school bully guerrilla.

Sorry for not digging far enough on that site to find anything truly useful among all the he-man bullshit and weapons fetishism.
Old 28th January 2011, 15:17   #66
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

same here on that first sentence, you must have misread, the key phrase was "if you force me"

Old 28th January 2011, 17:54   #67
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I'll force you!
Oh, wait...that's sex!
Old 28th January 2011, 23:16   #68
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdykats View Post
I'll force you!
Oh, wait...that's sex!
honestly, that doesn't sount ba...
oh shi, paradox...
now see what you've done?

Old 29th January 2011, 02:58   #69
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

There's a big difference between actively getting into fights as a kid, and passively minding your own life until some thug comes along and threatens it over a petty crime...Even pacifists deserve to learn how to defend themselves...I would especially advocate more cases in favor of women, since they seem to be the victim most of the time for these kind of crimes that involve physical contact...It doesn't even take a military background for a woman to take down a full-grown man in defense of herself and then run away; It's just that not many are able to be taught how to do so...

One of my friends at work wants someone to teach her how to defend herself in case she ever gets assaulted or raped...One of my other friends talked about how her ex-boyfriend used to beat her for no reason; That just pisses me off...

But whatever...This is getting off topic...

Not really a link, but copy and paste this into your browser to blow shit up, Asteroids-style...

code:
javascript:var%20s%20=%20document.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';document.body.appendChild(s);s.src='http://erkie.github.com/asteroids.min.js';void(0);

Arrow keys to move, space bar to fire...

Enjoy

Old 29th January 2011, 17:47   #70
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

lolw00t! ^^
Old 29th January 2011, 17:54   #71
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I've been told to teach students that one of the best rape defenses (once the attack has started) is to try to vomit. Pretty nasty idea, but it's statistically supposed to work better than any other form of resistance.

Old 30th January 2011, 09:04   #72
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdjted View Post
I've been told to teach students that one of the best rape defenses (once the attack has started) is to try to vomit. Pretty nasty idea, but it's statistically supposed to work better than any other form of resistance.
never heard that one, but yeah i suppose it could help.
fwiw the one time i had one of those informative lectures the most effective thing was:
"tell him to let you put it in and grab one and just squeeze as hard as you can, the shock to the nervous system if you break one is pretty impossible to handle"

Old 30th January 2011, 14:37   #73
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Generally by that point your limbs have been immobilized.

Old 30th January 2011, 23:12   #74
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.p...article/10136/
Old 18th July 2011, 00:19   #75
webthing
Forum King

This site can make a portrait of your face, based on the input you give.

http://www.peters1.dk/sjov/ansigt/?sprog=en
Old 18th July 2011, 20:29   #76
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Me

*because I lied*
Old 18th July 2011, 21:21   #77
rockouthippie
Banned

That chick is really hot, but has more paint than my car Not that I wouldn't like to lick the paint off, but I'd probably find Hillary Clinton underneath, which would probably ruin sex forever.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 09:33   #78
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Here! (with less makeup)

^That's Johnny Depp's "wifey" Vanessa Paradis.
First picture is from the famous Coco Ad campaign 1992. I thought you'd want to know.
Old 1st October 2012, 01:28   #79
webthing
Forum King

Sample Below
http://www.cookingcomically.com/

http://www.cookingcomically.com/

Got some cool sites? Info sites? News sites?

Very useful sites?

Post'em please. Thanks!
Old 26th October 2012, 16:08   #80
webthing
Forum King

http://emergencycompliment.com/
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions