Old 30th June 2015, 10:20   #3801
Crazy Gum

Hi, recently, I bought a watch and an optical mouse for my laptop. I need it badly for my task
Crazy Gum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:53   #3802
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
A 722-ish year old coin...

EDW R ANGL DNS HYB
Edward King of England Lord of Ireland

CIVITAS LONDON
City of London

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2015, 01:00   #3803
Robbyn Midgette

I don't have any pictures but I bought a speaker and a headset for my computer.
Robbyn Midgette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 12:16   #3804
Crazy Gum

I just got my new Apple iphone6 plus.
Crazy Gum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:29   #3805
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Got my fourth piece of gold, a British sovereign, on the way, along with a 30×113mm Apache helicopter target practice cartridge.

Old 3rd August 2015, 14:55   #3806
DJ-Garybaldy

A Fridge Freezer .... i know "Rock n roll"

Proud user of RadioDJ FREE shoutcast automation software

Online: Twitter - Facebook - Mixcloud
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 13:45   #3807
gaekwad2
Foorum King

a king size switch tester

Just build a wall around your whole country and put a roof on top, but make sure it's air-tight. Then you can pollute all you want.
Don't worry, God won't let you suffocate.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 02:28   #3808
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
PCI-E 3.0 has twice the data transfer speed of PCI-E 2.x and PCI-E 2.x has twice that of PCI-E 1.x. PCI-E 2.x is still fast enough for most things (due to other bottlenecks). For now, PCI-E 3.0 is like having a car that can go 200 mph but since there is usually a lot of slower traffic around, the speed can seldom be used.
Update/resolution: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...19&p=2&%20#r24

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 12:09   #3809
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Got my British Sovereign in:

As well as a tenth ounce South African Krugerrand:

My 6th piece of gold is on its way. Once I receive it, I'll have a total of 1.0062 troy ounces of gold. All the gold thus far:

And here is the 30mm Apache target practice round among my other large caliber rounds:

Old 6th September 2015, 07:24   #3810
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
@ SSJ4 - The 1279-1307 coin... Is that your oldest coin? One of these days you'll have to display your coin and ammo collections and take a pic of the spread.

@G2 - how do you like the kybd?

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 20:21   #3811
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Nah, not my oldest. I have a few ancient Roman, Greek, Egyptian, and Judean coins ranging from about 450 BC through 361 AD. I have two Henry III cut pennies (making them half pennies) minted between 1247 and 1250. A medieval Holland coin dated 1499, and a medieval Hungary coin dated 1550. The rest of my British coins begin with 1671.

I've not photographed the cut pennies yet, but here is my British monarchs set so far: https://imgur.com/a/mYzYs

Here are my ancient coins (the top Tiberius Denarius is mine, the other went to a friend.): https://imgur.com/a/rLX9X

Most of my currency collection: https://imgur.com/a/dv292

My gold and silver bullion: https://imgur.com/a/WZrkN

1897 Mexican 8 Reals: https://imgur.com/a/bEzb8

Couple of modern Greek coins: https://imgur.com/a/ucyg7

Pair of 1930's Panama coins (I need the rest of 'em): https://imgur.com/a/oDKRp

The 2015 Belgium Waterloo 2.5 Euro coin: https://imgur.com/a/wKmxi

Pair of Finland coins (love the toning on the second one): https://imgur.com/a/UHnst

2015 coin from New Zealand: https://imgur.com/a/FkwIs

Ammunition stuff here: https://imgur.com/a/zYNXA

Old 7th September 2015, 14:35   #3812
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdjted View Post
@G2 - how do you like the kybd?
It is a bit odd, especially the combination of clicky main section and linear cursor keys.
Otoh using the different switches every day gives you more of a feel for their strengths and weaknesses than just playing with a switch tester or trying boards in a store.

Apart from that, build quality is very solid and some of the lighting modes are actually quite useful too.

Just build a wall around your whole country and put a roof on top, but make sure it's air-tight. Then you can pollute all you want.
Old 9th September 2015, 01:45   #3813
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I have never given a good interchangeable-switch keyboard more than a 'try it for 2 minutes' trial. I tried a bunch of keyboards (each with a different switch style) at a "TIE" (technology and innovation in education) conference. Because of limited time and a lot of people standing around waiting for a turn, all I could do was type a few lines of text for each model. They all felt better than the typical rubber-dome keyboards, but I think I liked the blue-type best of them. I like the tactile click and bump feedback of brown and blue, but the blue felt best because it was the biggest exaggeration of the click compared to the other interchangeable switch.

That said, the keyboard I ended up buying last time I was in the market is just a Unicomp, which is just an IBM Model M, but newer. I really like the buckling springs. I haven't found anything that feels better. It's a loud heavy workhorse, but despite the springs being harder to push, I feel like I can type longer on it than any other. The vertical curvature of the rows, spacing and placement of the keys, stroke length, and resistance feel more natural than the others I have tried, at least for the limited time I spent with them.

It lacks the ability to light up, but the monitor is large enough and bright enough to make it look like it's lit. Also, I rarely look at the keyboard; I just put my hands up and feel the f, j, and numpad 5 key bumps. It only registers up to 4 simultaneous keys at a time, but I don't really find myself needing more than that.

As far as the cherry switches, can they be individually removed and replaced? It seems odd that you get linear for some and clicky for others. I would rather have the same throughout, maybe with the exception of a stronger spring for the space bar and enter key (like a green for clicky or clear for linear).

Old 9th September 2015, 14:28   #3814
gaekwad2
Foorum King

It's a limited edition model, normally they come with the same switch throughout.
The switches can be replaced (or modded), but since in the Ducky (same as most upscale mechanical keyboards) they're mounted in a steel plate for added stability, you have to unsolder them. If they're mounted on the pcb, as in my old Cherry G80, you can simply open the switch and keep the lower part in place since it's identical between switch types anyway.

Brown switches don't feel tactile enough for me. My favorites are green (blue with a stronger spring, pretty close to buckling spring in feel) and clear (same spring as green, large tactile bump but no click), followed by blue and white (like green but with a softer click).

The lighting is a bit of a gimmick, but the reactive mode is nice, as well as the ability to illuminate individual keys to highlight shortcuts in whatever program you're using (doesn't switch automatically, but works without a driver which I think is worth more).

Old 10th September 2015, 03:42   #3815
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Few new bits of silver and a piece of gold. A bit more to come over the next couple days (another piece of silver and a piece of currency). All pics are click to enlarge:

1958 Canadian silver "Death" dollar

2015 Rwandan "African Ounce" silver bullion, 50 Francs

Rand Paul silver 1 troy ounce round

1915 (modern bullion restrike) Austrian 1 Ducat (0.1107 troy ounce of gold). With that, I now have 1.0062 troy ounces of gold, seen below compared to 1 troy ounce of silver.

Old 23rd September 2015, 01:45   #3816
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I've always admired your quite impressive collections of coins and ammo. Hope you won't have to waste the ammo on someone looking to pick up some coins.

Is this router any good? I just ordered it for under $150 after the refurbished discount and after the sign-up-for-spam promo code discount. Pictures later when it actually arrives.

I also bought an incredibly cheap Pyle 3,000 watt amplifier for DJ work. This will be my new backup. The old but much higher end Technics/Tascam setup, which was the old primary power plant, kept overheating and shutting down leaving a backup Pioneer amp to do twice the work. This new cheapo-amp does well being pushed hard in short tests in the garage, but I have yet to use it on a long gig. I'll know after this weekend if it's worth anything. I'll use it as primary and the Pioneer as backup for now, just for the sake of testing, but after that I'll keep the better Pioneer as primary, since it probably puts out better quality sound.

I also finally decided to buy one of these, because I was sick of breaking apart old portable enclosures just for the sake of recovering files for people.

Old 23rd September 2015, 06:26   #3817
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

That router seems like overpriced overkill to me, but that opinion may be adversely affected by my lack of access to a high-speed network.

I'm a little surprised you didn't have one of those little USB/SATA kits (or just the parts thereof) years ago. Thankfully, folks are moving from HDD-centric towers to smaller, more portable things like phones and tablets, so stuffing around with IDE etc. cables is becoming a thing of the past.

Old 24th September 2015, 23:31   #3818
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I can be irrationally cheap when it comes to certain things. If I can do a job right, but with the wrong tool because I already have it, I tend to just do it. This is quite a ridiculous case of it though. I really should have bought one of those years ago as you say. Instead I would rip apart a portable IDE hard drive case that I had, remove the drive, and plug in someone's drive for recovery. Then when done, I'd put my drive back in the enclosure. Far too many steps, but that was just me being cheap. Also, neither party wanted to wait for the better tool to be shipped, and I must have thought I wouldn't need to do it again. Wrong many times. Same later with SATA drives.

Finally I learned, in a day when it probably will be used a lot less. It has already paid for itself though.

Our internet service advertises 25 megabits, and it's the lowest available in town. Speedtest says 29.49 down and 6.06 up. The only other option is 100, and really I only need around 5 down, which is good enough for HD streaming. The main purpose of this router is to get extended range compared to the old one; plus the old one needs to be reset about 3-4 times a day. I've tried a lot of basic troubleshooting, but I'm just sick of it, so I went all-out I guess.

Old 22nd October 2015, 23:55   #3819
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Nice stuff, hope all of you are doing well with your investments!

Trading in the old Blaze for a ZR2...

ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 02:59   #3820
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Need details!

I always liked the look of that design, and yet I never liked the complimentary GMC Jimmy for those years Something about the short wide headlights looked a whole lot better then the more square design on the GMC. The sporty 2-door look combined with the dark tint glass that is even with the body (not inset) gives it a sleek look. 4.3 I assume? Good stuff. I did some Wikipedia reading on the model - saw some good stuff, like good off-road tire size, ground clearance, beefed up components, and skid plates. It looks like it has the potential to be quite a lot of fun.

Old 23rd October 2015, 06:27   #3821
khalimandor

i have just bought a wordpress themes for my lovely blog

you can see here alive http://www.ragnarokindonesia.com
khalimandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:01   #3822
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Added a few more pieces...

Satosan Metals, "Asahi" silver round

2011 September 11 National Medal. Have had it for a few years, only photographed it recently.

Australia, Longest Reigning Monarch

Three pieces of 1956 US coinage.

2 ounce "Cleopatra" round

2 ounce "Liberty Island" round

1 ounce "Freedom Girl" round

1 ounce "The Saint" Zombuck round

2 ounce .308 silver bullet, 1 ounce .45 ACP silver bullet

2016 Australian Kangaroo. Also, that microstamp security feature, tho...

2013 Canadian Maple Leaf, 25th Anniversary

2015 Russian 3 Rubles

Medieval Byzantine coin

Old 23rd October 2015, 08:02   #3823
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

And because I hit the 30 image limit, more on the Medieval Byzantine coin:

Also added a new bill to my notes:

Series of 1934-A Silver Certificate, North African Emergency Issue

I now have all 5 seal colors available for the $1 bill, though I still need a $1 National Currency (which is also a brown seal).

Old 2nd November 2015, 04:05   #3824
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Find it.

Buy it.

Drink it.

Now.

This image was taken this past January. The pond had frozen when there was no wind. That's last year's batch, but this year's batch is now on sale again, so get it and drink it. What? You're still reading? FFS, stop reading this post and find/buy/drink Great Lakes Christmas Ale already!

Old 4th November 2015, 15:48   #3825
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I bought a few XMAS Greetings Cards. I had luck, that they didn't have been sold out yet.

8 years ago I had bought more greetings cards. Now I don't need so much anymore, since so many people of our real contacts have dumped us, also this year. I will do 3 tests, 1 in November, 2 in December, because 3 further people didn't reply or they didn't call us back anymore...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2015, 10:08   #3826
Zeekid

My old HP psc2110xi is getting ready to give up. Just ordered a Brother MFC-J870DW Wireless Color Inkjet Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax. Hope this works well for general home use. I was getting tired of plugging and unplugging usb cables between my computers anyway.
Zeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 19:39   #3827
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

It's not available yet, but when it comes to christmas beers, I really like N'Ice Chouffe.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2015, 12:01   #3828
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Have had it for awhile but crashed it hard. After having replaced the arms, I can't get it to do much more than flop around on the floor much like me dancing.
Old 20th November 2015, 13:02   #3829
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

As seen on TV.....lol

Old 24th November 2015, 03:12   #3830
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Some new stuff...
First, new note for my currency collection:

Series 1934, One Hundred Dollars, low serial number

Now for the coins:

2016 Somali Elephant (with bonus die crack)

2016 Niue Year of the Monkey

2016 Australia Year of the Monkey

2016 Canadian Maple Leaf (Wolf privy)

2013 Ukranian Archangel Michael (Fabulous 15 privy)

2015 Tanzania/Zanzibar Vera Silver

2015 Isle of Man Penny Black

1916 France 10 Centimes

Old 24th November 2015, 10:42   #3831
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

WOW!
How many safes do you own?
Your collection is epic and I envy you for it

The Tanzanian and Zanzibar reliefs, I never knew they were doing those.....guess I'm just dumb like that.

The 1934 100 is in insanely good shape, as well.
Old 24th November 2015, 12:01   #3832
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChevelle View Post
WOW!
How many safes do you own?
Your collection is epic and I envy you for it

The Tanzanian and Zanzibar reliefs, I never knew they were doing those.....guess I'm just dumb like that.

The 1934 100 is in insanely good shape, as well.
Hah, thanks. The $100 is the first bill of that denomination to make it to my set. And I can now add another first:

Been wanting one for a good 20 years.

Old 25th November 2015, 02:44   #3833
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4 Gogitta View Post

2016 Australian Kangaroo. Also, that microstamp security feature, tho...
Is it the small A inside the big A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChevelle View Post

Have had it for awhile but crashed it hard. After having replaced the arms, I can't get it to do much more than flop around on the floor much like me dancing.
My experience with these things – having received two of them as gifts, each no larger than my hand – is that they're remarkably difficult to fly without crashing in fiery, burny deaths.

Old 25th November 2015, 11:56   #3834
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomegajaz View Post
Is it the small A inside the big A?
Indeed it is; it's an anti-counterfeiting measure.

Old 8th December 2015, 14:00   #3835
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Got this in from Coratia;

a 1960 Italian 500 Lire

It's 83.5% silver, giving it a total weight of 0.2953 troy ounce.

Old 15th December 2015, 23:17   #3836
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

My latest acquisition was not bought, so much as it was acquired. :sneaky:

Walking in a suburban residential street two Fridays ago, I saw a big flat-panel TV sitting in a car trailer on the side of the road; the trailer usually sits there, but the TV (and its remote) seemed to be a relatively new addition to the picture. I had a bit of a look at the unit, which seemed to be in good repair, and tried to find a note or something to indicate why it was where it was. Seemed to me that a less noble type could have easily taken it away. There was no note, and nobody seemed to be at home in the houses across the street, so I left the TV where it was. I'm attaching a Street View image showing where the car trailer usually sits, to give an idea of how unusual it was to see a perfectly fine-looking flat-panel TV sitting there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	23
Size:	850.7 KB
ID:	52139

Fast-forward to the following Monday evening when I saw the TV there again. This time, some folks were home, so I picked a likely looking house and rang the doorbell. The girl who answered told me the story about the TV: a guy had recently moved out from a neighbouring house and had left the TV to this girl, saying it needed some sort of repair. She didn't want to bother with it and had hoped someone would just take it away. I agreed to do just that, and promptly put it into the back of my car.

Fast-forward some more, after a $174 repair bill, the TV seems to be as good as new, which is great, considering it would have cost ~$2,000 when it was bought, and similar size units currently retail for upwards of $1,000.

So we now have a Sharp 46" TV where our Sanyo 37" TV used to be; the Sanyo will replace the old home-brand 20" CRT TV in Shy Jr's bedroom. Yay!

Old 16th December 2015, 08:03   #3837
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Fuckin' A, great deal. Upgrades all around.

Old 17th December 2015, 07:29   #3838
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Happy birthday, I think.

Old 19th December 2015, 02:24   #3839
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

That's just great on a couple key levels.

First, the deal you got. $174 and a few questions to a stranger got you a bigass 46" TV. Can't beat that with a stick.

Second, you were willing to get a salvageable product back in operation rather than contribute to the ever increasing throw-away society. I know you work hard enough that you could afford such a thing brand new if you wanted, but you actually would rather spend the money on things that are more valuable to you while being willing to take one man's trash and turn it into your treasure with relatively minimal repair.

Finally, someone, somewhere, probably in a place where wages are low, worked their ass off manufacturing this thing, and it's nice to know their efforts will have more benefit than what may have happened if it had been tossed in a landfill at the first sign of imperfection.

I guess it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway; I admire this type of thing any time I witness it.

Old 19th December 2015, 11:44   #3840
Kaboon

Send a message via ICQ to Kaboon

Philips SAECO PicoBaristo (HD8924/01) and I love it.
Kaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions