Old 25th August 2016, 19:31   #1
musicf8

Send a message via AIM to musicf8
Verizon Buying Yahoo

When AOL was practically dead and Yahoo was in the process of dying, I would read about a lot of people saying they should just merge. Kind of funny that now they will under Verizon.

Though, this brings up a question that has been floating in my head. Interoperability between Yahoo Messenger and AIM. I know, I know... they're both practically dead compared to a decade ago, but I remember the whole fight about it back in the start of the millennia. AIM finally had ICQ and Yahoo had MSN. I feel like I should say "better late than never" but I do think it's too late. As much as I miss those days of chatting with friends on AIM.

Though I am really curious to what will happen in the coming years to AIM (still have my account from high school), AOL desktop, and yahoo mail. Moreso what will happen to each of the brands.

I guess only time will tell...

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp 5.8: 1/5/2017

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
musicf8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 14:51   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post

Though I am really curious to what will happen in the coming years to AIM (still have my account from high school), AOL desktop, and yahoo mail. Moreso what will happen to each of the brands.

I guess only time will tell...
They will merge or not (simply let fade away), as they all have been made obsolete by mobile+desktop apps (i.e. Skype, Google+, Facebook, etc.), imo.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 15:20   #3
musicf8

Send a message via AIM to musicf8
I dunno about that. AOL was making still making tons of money from dial-up users when they got acquired, a lot of companies use AIM (mine included), and yahoo mail is still extremely popular...

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp 5.8: 1/5/2017

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
musicf8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News