is probably safest to use the 'remove+refresh' option in the extra options menu

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 14:33   #282
Scott12

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
Playlist Separator v2.1.2
  • Fixed preset insertion to use the file at the insertion point as the basis for any metadata queries (one for Scott12)
  • Fixed the preferences dialog not being able to be re-opened multiple times (was a bit random)
  • Fixed the about dialog to only be opened once at a time (could be opened multiple time before)
get v2.1.2

Scott12: hopefully this build will sort your issues out with the presets.
It turned out that there was a bug with the handling of the filenames in the separator:// entries anyway since the code was setup to handle separator://:full_file_path?S=string_goes_here but it'd never pass in the full_file_path part correct to the winamp title formatter - must have broken that when i made the changes for 2.0, oops

-daz
Great! I guess I just didn't understand how it was _supposed_ to work before, but thanks for integrating my idea. It works perfectly!

Currently we can either add a separator for a single file or the whole playlist. Would it be possible to have an Insert separator preset function that would work on a selected block? I have several various artist albums (soundtracks, compilations, etc) that are all grouped together on my playlist. Your latest preset modification made it much easier to tag those properly, but it'd be even cooler if I could just select the whole block and have the insert separator preset affect the block instead of just the particular song I right-clicked to bring up the dialog.
Scott12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 15:25   #283
DrO

i could look at it working on the selection if say shift or control was pressed when doing the insert preset option but i'll have to check it out so it runs from the first to the last selected items including all in between (otherwise it'd go funny i think with random selections of a few here and there as i'm sure people would try to do )

-daz
Old 4th October 2006, 12:17   #284
OdessaCubbage

issues with the seperator

hey guys, thanks for your plugin, its a great extension for my winamp. but i have a lot of trouble with it, basicly, because songs i have played lose their playlist entry (only the playlist item number is left)and if i click on them again, some strange signs are shown, umlaute and quite often one or more squares. the same happens to seperators, i click on - this also causes winamp to crash from time to time.
i do not use any preset (actually they dont work either), newest winamp & seperator plugin. same problems with the last versions of winamp and the seperator. i hope you can tell me if its my fault and how to fix the problem.

thx &best regards
Old 4th October 2006, 12:25   #285
DrO

if you're losing playlist titles and all that i think it's more likely some issue with your winamp install since this plugin will query winamp for titles and will then pass that back to winamp when it's queried but if it's not displaying or something else then i'd say there's something else giving the issues.

i know that some of the older jtfe builds could cause an issue a bit like what you're explaining where the title's where cleared but that was only when you had queued entries/highlighting of separators enabled.

so i'd say give doing a clean install a go to see how that works (if need be in a new folder so you could keep your old install there just incase) and see how that goes.

-daz
Old 4th October 2006, 18:58   #286
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.1.3
  • Fixed a random crash bug
get v2.1.3

-daz
Old 5th October 2006, 10:38   #287
djsolidsnake86

dro when you will add levels separator?
djsolidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 10:49   #288
DrO

when i get the time to do it. i've got to work on a few other projects now since this one has had it's few weeks of attention plus i'm short of time (mainly from being worn out due to my real job and it's issues) so i need to keep projects under active development to a minimum for a while

-daz
Old 29th October 2006, 22:11   #289
Hayden_54

It's a good idea with being able to hide the menu from the playlist in the new v2.1.4.
But it would be much more useful if it could group all those entries into one submenu. Gives the best of both worlds.
Hope to see this in future release. Keep up all the good work!

-Hayden
Hayden_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2006, 22:44   #290
DrO

i'll look into doing that tomorrow night. only made the new build with the ability to remove all of the menu options since i had a nice email asking for it this morning but yeah, i know what you mean, this one does add a fair few entries that could work better in a submenu

-daz
Old 29th October 2006, 22:49   #291
Hayden_54

Awesome. Thanks for the fast reply as well.
Something along the lines of the JTFE playlist menus would be great.
Old 4th November 2006, 23:32   #292
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.1.4/v2.1.5
  • Added a preferences option to allow placing of the menu entries this plugin adds onto the playlist editors right-click menu to be added as in older versions or to be placed in a submenu to keep the menu smaller
  • Added a ini only setting 'menu_on=0' in the [Playlist Separator] section of winamp.ini to hide all of the playlist editor menu entries this plugin can add
get v2.1.5

My time keeping is really bad at times, heh

-daz
Old 5th November 2006, 00:21   #293
Hayden_54

Thanks! It works perfectly
Old 6th November 2006, 06:35   #294
Sithhar

Grayed Highlight options! :(

I totally love this plug-in, its awesome. But my damn Highlight colors keep getting grayed out. I've tried installing the newest JTFE plug-in. I've tried deleting both, removing winamp.ini settings, reinstalling. Nothing. Once it turns gray I can't make it work again. The last time I did get it working I updated Winamp from 5.30 to 5.31.

Is there any way to fix this without reinstalling Winamp and or not making it ever happen again?
Sithhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 08:26   #295
DrO

it sounds to me like the jtfe check that this one is doing is failing due to loading order issues. i came across this with another plugin recently so i'll do some looking into porting that code into this one to see if that can help things for you

-daz
Old 13th November 2006, 15:11   #296
mrym

hi dro, i found a bug.
if i set over 260 for ?n=xxx, winamp instantly crashes.
i searched for 260 in the forum, it seems os limitation?
Attached Images
File Type: png error.png (71.1 KB, 416 views)
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2006, 15:53   #297
DrO

is more likely my internal buffer limit since all of the reading in from the ini file is limited to 260. i'll have to sort that out soon

-daz
Old 15th November 2006, 22:53   #298
neekee

Just a quick question. I like to display the album name in the separator, so I use %album%.

BUT, with VGM emulated files, it doesnt read the album tag and displays the full path.

Is there a way I can display the folder name only?
neekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 23:21   #299
DrO

try $if2(%album%,$filepart(%folder%)) which should do what you want - well it seemed to display the folder name correctly on the quick test i just did though i'm not all that great with atf stuff since i really need to change it from the defaults.

-daz
Old 15th November 2006, 23:40   #300
neekee

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
try $if2(%album%,$filepart(%folder%)) which should do what you want - well it seemed to display the folder name correctly on the quick test i just did though i'm not all that great with atf stuff since i really need to change it from the defaults.

-daz
Works perfectly, you rock. =p

Great plugin btw. This should be built in. =p
neekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 13:07   #301
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.1.6
  • Fixed buffer overflow issue when using ?n=xxx and xxx was 260+ - now handles upto 2048 and will clip to 2048 if over this
  • Fixed the preview sections on the config dialog to correctly display single ampersand characters
get v2.1.6

-daz
Old 9th December 2006, 20:00   #302
jjack229

CD Drives

Not sure if this is intetional, but I have two cd drives, (F and G), if I enqueue two CDs into the playlist and do the autoinsert seperators, it will only place a seperator before the first song on the playlist (same if I put F then G or G then F) and not before the first song of the second cd.

Basically, it seems to recognize both cd drives as the same folder.
jjack229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 21:08   #303
DrO

it's most likely failing to split the cds since the internal detection works on real files which to this plugin cda:// entries aren't / they appear the same. i'd have to double check but i'm sure i need to put in some extra processing of such entries to ensure that they'll work correctly (which sort of matches well with a mini update i've just internally done on the plugin). hopefully i can get it sorted out before the end of the weekend

-daz
Old 10th December 2006, 14:00   #304
DrO

well i've tried it my end at last with and without the auto-add separator and it's correctly handling the adding of the cd entries (as e:\track01.cda... f:\track01.cda) so i'm a little bit bemused as to the issue that you're having now.

-daz
Old 10th December 2006, 16:40   #305
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.1.7
  • Altered the handling of skin changes so this should now update the hilighted separator entries correctly (wasn't doing it in all cases)
get v2.1.7

-daz
Old 11th December 2006, 01:35   #306
jjack229

hmm, i have tried different cds using all three drives (CD, DVD and virtual) and still the same problem, only one seperator.

i did a clean install of winamp about a week ago, don't really feel like doing another one. i understand that you can't really help me with it if you can't reproduce it.

ah, well, it is not that big of a problem
Old 12th December 2006, 12:41   #307
DrO

it's a bit strange that, can you attach the playlist which is created please just to make sure i've not overlooked something my end

-daz
Old 12th December 2006, 16:03   #308
jjack229

Here is the m3u playlist with all three drives, and then again after pressing 'T' for auto-insert
Attached Files
File Type: txt 3_cd_drives_no_sep.txt (3.9 KB, 419 views)
Old 12th December 2006, 16:04   #309
jjack229

Here is the second one, I didn't see how to attach two files in one post.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 3_cd_drives_with_sep.txt (4.0 KB, 417 views)
Old 15th December 2006, 12:58   #310
DrO

ah, it was as i thought initially of the entries being cda:// though for some reason my installs do <drive>:\blahxx.cda which is why it's working for my setup and not yours. now i know what i'm working with i can get a fix done for this relatively easily - should hopefully be able to get it done this weekend (work is letting me off this weekend )

-daz
Old 17th December 2006, 22:03   #311
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.1.8
  • Improved handling of cda:// entries when inserting separators
get v2.1.8

-daz
Old 18th December 2006, 02:35   #312
jjack229

thank you very much, it fixed the problem
Old 18th December 2006, 07:15   #313
DrO

cool and even better was that it was only a 10min fix

-daz
Old 19th December 2006, 18:34   #314
djsolidsnake86

dro are you working for add the levels feauture?
djsolidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 19:07   #315
DrO

i haven't been able to do anything towards that yet, i've spent at most an hour in total on all work done on this plugin since the start of october. i'll have to see what i can get done over the yuletide break

-daz
Old 21st December 2006, 15:56   #316
drugo

great
i need this plugins
why don't add in the option the possibility to setup separator -->folder for default so every time i run a playlist i have the separator

or

add a option menu windows
with separator by album or artist or folders
drugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2006, 21:41   #317
DrO

that sounds very much like the auto-insert separator option and you can specify what you want to be the default in the preferences so it should work unless i'm missing something of what you're wanting...

-daz
Old 22nd December 2006, 07:09   #318
drugo

OPS
i found the option preference!

can i make a seperator of more rows (like foobar= ?

ps i saw your plugins and are really GREAT!

why don't make a auto rate plugins
every 60 played time , a star .. for example

thanks for your plug , make winamp better

Last edited by drugo; 22nd December 2006 at 08:25.
Old 22nd December 2006, 19:48   #319
DrO

Quote:
can i make a seperator of more rows (like foobar= ?
nope, the winamp playlist editor just isn't implemented to do it in foobar style (the nearest equivalent would be to use a fixed spaced font and manually specify the space)

Quote:
why don't make a auto rate plugins
because my time is spent on too many other things already and because i don't like ratings i'm not a robot no matter what it may seem like at times, hehe

-daz
Old 26th December 2006, 16:50   #320
drugo

by the way , your great plug stretch, draw to freeze winamp if i load a long playlist
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion