Old 8th October 2007, 01:56   #281
xchaosx674

Suggestion

In the media library window, it'd be cool if a "current playlist" option was added under the Local Media tree. or just a current playlist tab on the media window. just throwing an idea out there.
i like the new version btw.
Old 8th October 2007, 01:59   #282
xamphear

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@xamphear
Show Notifier global hotkey already exists
(Playback: Show Notification)
Well, ummm, good work on getting this feature request completed so quickly!
Old 8th October 2007, 02:09   #283
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Mecha25
Reproduced. Thanks.
Although it's a 3rd-party skin, I guess it must be some recent change in winamp/wasabi code that's broken it. Hopefully it'll get fixed in time for 5.5 Final...

@soulstace
That helped (I didn't have the windows docked liked that when I tried before).
Reproduced now, and added to internal bugtracker. Thanks.

@xamphear
I assume you were just kidding, but Show Notifier hotkey is in build 1600, and has actually been in Winamp 5.x for a few years, probably ever since v5.0
Old 8th October 2007, 09:40   #284
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:

@soulstace
That helped (I didn't have the windows docked liked that when I tried before).
Reproduced now, and added to internal bugtracker. Thanks.
Soulstaces bug is not so different from mine (I think)... Maybe that mean that you have fixed my bug too?

Anyway, I will be posting screenshots shortly (of both ML bug and songticker bug)...
Old 8th October 2007, 09:48   #285
auhsor

Nice work on the new version guys. Its great to see some long awaited features coming our way.

I'm not sure if this is really a bug, and Im not sure if it's 5.5 related as I never bothered with any online media things in winamp before.
After using Winamp Remote, I select the normal audio option in the media library . I get an error that reads: "Changing locations. (IE6 message. Upgrading to IE7 will remove this message.)" Its annoying. I used to be able to just click ok and it would go away, but its freezing winamp now

Now obviously I'm using IE6 still. I don't really want to upgrade to IE7 just yet, I hardly use it and its a work computer anyways. I'm on XP SP2 using the Bento skin and it is a clean install. It also happens on my home computer running the same specs.

Thanks
Old 8th October 2007, 10:00   #286
dachaX

Finally with this new version Winamp has become the best and most beautiful player out there. Thank you winamp team!
Now, I really like all new features including very good album art support but I would like that in ml in right panel album art items be listed by album name and not by artist name. Now if you have for example album with many artist or one artist featuring another, winamp will list these as a separate items with the same album art.
Just thought you guys add option to arrange album art by album name just like it is when you turn album art view off.
Old 8th October 2007, 10:22   #287
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:

@ Kn0tte
Likewise for you. Screenshot of the exact setup please (for the ML problem).
Trust me, I can't reproduce either issue, and I've tried many times.
Maybe you could also attach a HJT log so we can what other processes are running concurrently?
I downloaded the Hijack program and did that. See attached file..

Then, for the screenshots..

Screenshot #1 shows the songticker bug. I have newly opened Winamp, and you can see that the song is playing. You see that there is another color on the song in the playlist (I have not clicked on that song, or not clicked on anything - I just started Winamp, and since SHUFFLE=OFF, it will be the first song in the playlist who starts playing.
NOTE: This bug will only happen if shuffle=OFF.. If I have shuffle=ON, I get no problems..

Screenshot #2 shows the Media Library bug. I have started Winamp, have the Main Window w/equalizer open, and playlist open (and look how the windows are together - I have the playlist on the right side of the main window, etc...)
I press the the ML button in the Main Window (or Media Library in the menu), and then you look at the screenshot on how the Media Library opens... IT OPENS BEHIND THE OTHER WINAMP WINDOWS...
YOU CAN SEE THAT THE MEDIA LIBRARY WINDOW IS "HIGHLIGHTED", BUT IT IS STILL BEHIND THE OTHER WINDOWS WHEN IT SHOULD BE IN THE FRONT
To get it in front, I have to click on another Winamp window (or click on the desktop), and then click on the Media Library again.. Then it gets in the front..

For both of the bugs (if it means anything), I have set the songticker to "Classic Songticker" scrolling style (you can see that on screenshot #2).

Here is the screenshots (on stashbox):

1. http://stashbox.org/41936/1.JPG

2. http://stashbox.org/41937/2.JPG
Attached Files
File Type: zip h log.zip (2.4 KB, 221 views)

Last edited by Kn0tte; 8th October 2007 at 11:05.
Old 8th October 2007, 11:07   #288
regwebb

Using the latest beta, the play list manipulation keys page/up, page/down, home and end no longer seem to be working. I'm a screen reader user who has to put together quite long play lists for broadcasting, and these keys are too useful to vanish. Please fix if broken, and accept my apology if this is simply pilot error.

Reg
Skype name regwebb
Old 8th October 2007, 13:06   #289
mezron

I don't know if this is a soundcard bug or Winamp bug, maybe a little of both. I have an Audigy 2zs running under 32 bit Vista, and using the latest drivers from Creative. When I have the soundcard on its default setting of CMSS 3d on while wearing headphones and the speakers set to headphones the sound fades in and out. The workaround for me has been to set my speaker type as 2/2.1 speakers. That removes all 3d positional effects though so I need to set it back to headphones while gaming. I'm reporting it as a bug here since Windows Media Players doesn't exibit the same effect. This happens with 5.35 as well as 5.5 beta3. A good song to really hear the distortion is Speak by Godsmack.

Edit... Forgot to add, I turn on the equalizer in Winamp and set it to the Rock preset also.

Last edited by mezron; 8th October 2007 at 13:26.

Old 8th October 2007, 15:09   #290
kagekonjou

Minor Bug: Winamp 5.5 1600 Bento Skin (XP Pro)

Go into Local Media > Audio, use the Artist/Album Art view. When you right-click an album in the Album Art pane, do a Get Album Art, and apply one, it will not update the selected album's art in that pane until you select another album.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:23   #291
kagekonjou

Also still having various issues with pmp_ipod on the iPod Classic (black 80GB). Almost anything will cause a crash with access violations usually at 0x000005. Basically anything I do (access the iPod, plug it in, attempt to sync, etc.) results in a crash.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:24   #292
soulstace

I was actually able to reproduce Kn0tte's ML bug. From a clean install, I launched Winamp with Modern skin by default (I chose Modern skin in the installer). Then I changed to the Classic songticker, enlarged the playlist, moved the ML up vertically (like in his screenshot) and where it is NOT snapped/docked to anything else. Now I see exactly what he means. When I click ML button, it opens behind Winamp and clicking on it will not bring it to the front.

BTW, this is on a brand new Windows Vista Ultimate install (I let it install on my PC last night while I was sleeping). So I seriously doubt it's a hijack causing his problem.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:55   #293
kagekonjou

Request: Can we get more options on the Notification popup? Ie. colors, time shown, more appearance/disappearance effects? Thanks
Old 8th October 2007, 15:59   #294
kagekonjou

One more error... Every single time I close Winamp, it crashes. Here's the error E-Mail I send each time:

Winamp client version: 5.5 build 1568 Beta
winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module winamp.exe at 001b:0606126b.

Exception handler called in Winamp.
Old 8th October 2007, 16:07   #295
soulstace

@kagekonjou

Please make use of the edit button. You almost had 4 posts in a row if I hadn't chimed in.

The Notification popup already has all those configuration options you are asking about. At least for the Bento skin. Switch to "Skin Settings" in the File info window. As for the colors, you'll need to download and install the color editor.

You appear to be using beta preview 2 of Winamp. Update to build 1600.
Old 8th October 2007, 16:10   #296
Franky_B

New Bugs

I have found 2 new bugs in preview 3.

1) Winamp stops playing and shows an error (see attachment). After clickling on OK, Winamp is closed. This happens about 2 times an hour when nothing is pressed or clicked (hope you understand this ).

2) Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 3 does not show all ID2 Covers. I have tested it with toaster: Toaster shows it, Winamp not (not i notifier, not in album art window). If I uninstall it, install Preview 2 the covers are shown. If I uninstall it an install Preview 3 again -> No cover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (11.6 KB, 269 views)
Old 8th October 2007, 16:37   #297
kagekonjou

MAJOR BUG: For some odd reason, when updating album art, EVERY SINGLE ALBUM took on a 3 Doors Down album art (no matter what the album is).

Edit: Discovered the reason for this is Winamp 5.5 Build 1600 is occasionally saving album covers as "cover.jpg" instead of the album's name.
Old 8th October 2007, 17:08   #298
soulstace

Which 3 Doors Down album?

I just grabbed the album art for

Away from the Sun
Seventeen Days
The Better Life

All of them saved correctly as %album%.jpg
Old 8th October 2007, 17:16   #299
HailandKill

Quote:
@HailandKill

Hmm... which skin?
Right-click the Winamp taskbar (or system tray) icon, and select:
Winamp > Main Window.
It should then reappear.

I'm not sure about the "jtfe > on end of queue" thing.
Let me take a look....

[Edit]

Seems to be working fine here...

I queued up a couple of tracks (using Alt+click on two items in playlist)
then opened Jump To File dialog (J),
clicked the big button to switch to Queue Manager mode,
right-clicked in there and selected: On end of queue > Stop playback
and Winamp stopped playing after the two tracks in the queue were finished.

I didn't test any of the other 'on end of queue options' (power mode, log off, etc). [/B]
The on end of queue does work, sorry. I was using it incorrectly.

I'm using the Bento skin. I right clicked in the taskbar to get rid of the main window - more playing around than for any other reason. I couldn't get it back. I can't actually trun it off having reinstalled Winamp now though so.. sorry, not much help!
Old 8th October 2007, 17:17   #300
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@dachaX
Make sure "Album Artist" field is filled in properly in the tags, eg. for compilations it should be something like: Various Artists.

@auhsor
Hmm, I really aren't sure about that (I don't personally even have Remote installed). But the Remote interface is all just embedded Internet Explorer stuff, so I assume that any error messages or warnings you get within that window are all Internet Explorer related. Though, yeah, I guess there's the possibility that the 3rd-party Remote developers (orb.com) are using some IE7-only/optimized code?

@regwebb
Hmm, the PageUp/Down, Home & End keys are working fine for me in the Playlist...
I'm honestly not too sure what to suggest.
anyone else?

@mezron
Have you maybe enabled the "Allow 24bit" options in Winamp > Prefs > Playlist?
If yes, then try disabling it
(Audigy 2-ZS was not a true 24bit soundcard, as it only supported one simultaneous 24bit audio stream).
Other than that, have you maybe also enabled 'Use Replaygain'?
Have the files you're playing been RG scanned?
Or are you maybe using some 3rd-party Input, Output or DSP/Effects plugin(s)?

@kagekonjou & Franky_B
We can't reproduce any of those things, so hopefully they're all already fixed :-)

@Kn0tte
Checking your posts/screenshots/logs out now...
Watch this space for edits.

[edit]

Clean install of latest internal build, and I can't reproduce either issue.
Let's assume they've already been fixed then....

@soulstace
Re: above: The HJT log request was mainly for getting OS info and seeing what other programs/processes are running, eg. if there's any possible conflicts...
Old 8th October 2007, 17:32   #301
mezron

Quote:
@mezron
Have you maybe enabled the "Allow 24bit" options in Winamp > Prefs > Playlist?
If yes, then try disabling it
(Audigy 2-ZS was not a true 24bit soundcard, as it only supported one simultaneous 24bit audio stream).
Other than that, have you maybe also enabled 'Use Replaygain'?
Have the files you're playing been RG scanned?
Or are you maybe using some 3rd-party Input, Output or DSP/Effects plugin(s)?
No to all those, I did check. Winamp (lite install) is on all the default settings, with no plugins. The only change I've made is enabling the eq and setting the preset to Rock. This only happens on Vista, not XP, and only in Winamp.

edit
This should be reproducable, I've reformatted and reinstalled Vista several times and it happens every time. Can't put money on this but I did have an XFi installed for a while on this system and I'm pretty sure it happened with that also with the same settings.

2nd edit
I just uninstalled the Audigy and reinstalled the XFi and the XFi does the same thing under the same circumstances. I did fully unstall everything Audigy related first, ran a driver cleaner then installed the XFi with the most recent (Oct 1st) drivers from Creative.

Last edited by mezron; 8th October 2007 at 18:22.

Old 8th October 2007, 17:35   #302
flocksoft
Major Dude

@DJ Egg
I've addressed regwebb here, because from his words in this post, the problem seems related to screen reader applications (but it's not so clear)
Old 8th October 2007, 17:46   #303
soulstace

Quote:
@soulstace
Re: above: The HJT log request was mainly for getting OS info and seeing what other programs/processes are running, eg. if there's any possible conflicts...
I think you can probably count out any conflicts as well. I reproduced his bug on a brand new Windows install (full, not upgrade). Winamp was actually the very first thing I installed and tested. No other third party software was running on this machine.

EDIT - I thought setting Winamp "Always on top" had solved it, but it must have been a fluke...

EDIT2
In the Equalizer, is the "Presets > Load > Default" button working for anyone? Isn't it supposed to reset the Equalizer to default levels? I am clicking on it but nothing happens. The EQ still shows Party preset settings.

Last edited by soulstace; 8th October 2007 at 18:52.
Old 8th October 2007, 18:54   #304
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by soulstace
I think you can probably count out any conflicts as well. I reproduced his bug on a brand new Windows install (full, not upgrade). Winamp was actually the very first thing I installed and tested. No other third party software was running on this machine.

EDIT - I thought setting Winamp "Always on top" had solved it, but it must have been a fluke...

EDIT2
In the Equalizer, is the "Presets > Load > Default" button working for anyone? Isn't it supposed to reset the Equalizer to default levels? I am clicking on it but nothing happens. The EQ still shows Party preset settings.
"Always on top" does not help.. I have tried that before..
I hope they can reproduce the bugs, so they can fix them

As for the equalizer problem, REPRODUCED! I click default, but nothing happens...
DEVs..?
Old 8th October 2007, 18:58   #305
soulstace

Thanks for confirming my EQ problem, Kn0tte.
Old 8th October 2007, 19:03   #306
regwebb

Play list navigation controls

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DJ Egg
Hmm, the PageUp/Down, Home & End keys are working fine for me in the Playlist...
I'm honestly not too sure what to suggest.
anyone else?

Thanks; I mainly needed to know that it was working for somebody. This is a Windows2000 machine, I don't suppose that makes any difference. Being a bear of relatively little brain compared to many around here, maybe I'll just re-install and see what happens.

Reg
Skype name regwebb
Old 8th October 2007, 19:17   #307
williamatorb
Orb Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by auhsor
After using Winamp Remote, I select the normal audio option in the media library . I get an error that reads: "Changing locations. (IE6 message. Upgrading to IE7 will remove this message.)" Its annoying. I used to be able to just click ok and it would go away, but its freezing winamp now

Now obviously I'm using IE6 still. I don't really want to upgrade to IE7 just yet, I hardly use it and its a work computer anyways.
IE6 has known issues handling AJAX interfaces and the new generation of Web 2.0 applications, which is one of the main reasons IE7 was released. There are 2 issues with Winamp Remote running in an IE6 browser:

1) IE6 cannot unload Javascript content fast enough (before loading the requested page), thus produces a warning as a transition (i.e., to give it the extra time needed to complete the unloading operation);

2) If you interrupt an uncompleted Ajax request (on rich Ajax applications like WR), the browser will also sit in limbo (and may stop responding).

This is why to get rid of these annoyances, it is recommended to upgrade to IE7 which can handle Javascript much better.
Old 8th October 2007, 19:36   #308
Good_Bytes

More customizable options for Bento skin please

It would be nice if we can move the panels around within Bento skin. Like a simple drag and drop can move the actual Player form being left most, to center, to right most. Also I like to have my play list on the bottom of the player itself (so have everything movable will be awesome. Which such feature, no one can complain that they don't like the position of their things as they can move everything the way they want it, it's like a personalized program. OR have Bento skin as the detachable as well, but make sure that the caption bars are not thicker then the current modern skin, as else it will be way to beefy.

Also it would be nice to be able to be able to remove tabs or create or own tab (so that we have the equalizer in it, and not have it scale down in size where it's totally invisible and unreadable like it is now.

Also have the ability to remove the photo album window.

If someone ask, why don't use modern skin, then I have to say one thing, I LOVE the Bento skin better and I really like the pop-up notification it offers.

By the way, very nice job at increasing the startup speed of Winamp!
Old 8th October 2007, 19:36   #309
kagekonjou

Quote:
@kagekonjou & Franky_B
We can't reproduce any of those things, so hopefully they're all already fixed :-)
The two issues still most prominent I am experiencing are some album art downloads saving as cover.jpg instead of the album name, and any time I use pmp_ipod with my iPod Classic, it completely kills the iPod and I have to reformat it in iTunes. Am I supposed to only use Winamp for syncing, or can I use both iTunes and Winamp? How do I properly use pmp_ipod with an iPod Classic so that it works just as well as iTunes? Thanks.
Old 8th October 2007, 19:38   #310
kagekonjou

Quote:
Originally posted by williamatorb
This is why to get rid of these annoyances, it is recommended to upgrade to IE7 which can handle Javascript much better.
Why can't Winamp just embed whatever your default browser is? Is it not possible to embed Firefox or anything else other than IE?
Old 8th October 2007, 19:42   #311
Good_Bytes

I would like also to add, I love the docking feature. Very nice. I made a long bar of Winamp taking the full width of my screen, and made it dock, so when my mouse is not on the player it hides itself, and show when you point the mouse on top.

But from the start (form the left to right) of the gray button (pointing downwards) to the end of the player, it should not detect a roll-over action, as you have the window buttons when you maximize them (Minimize, restore/maximize, close). So everytime you want to close an app or window that is maximized click quickly (without doing a target thing with your mouse to position it) Winamp pop-up. And that's annoying.
Old 8th October 2007, 20:02   #312
gsnde

The Bento skin (yes, I like the look from Preview 2 better) was what ended my unhappiness with all mp3 players - thanks a lot

One unbelievable minor bug I noticed in Preview 3, Bento skin:

I have setup a view Album Artist / Artist / Album Art. Now I select an album in the third pane. From the track list in the window below the three panes I choose single tracks to play.

The play count and played last information is not refreshed after a song is played. You have to select another album in pane 3 and then switch back to see the update.
Old 8th October 2007, 20:51   #313
soulstace

Quote:
Originally posted by Good_Bytes
So everytime you want to close an app or window that is maximized click quickly (without doing a target thing with your mouse to position it) Winamp pop-up. And that's annoying.
Thats exactly what I was thinking when you first posted about the docking autohide feature. Winamp will cover up the buttons of other maximized Windows if you are not careful enough to avoid it.

I personally do not dock Winamp because of reasons like this. I set it to be within the title bar of other windows if they are maximized. This way, Winamp hardly ever gets in my way.

I make Winamp about 3/4 of total screen width, center it, and snap it to the top of the screen. I set it "Always on top", and in General Preferences, uncheck "Disable always on top while fullscreen applications are focused" (This makes it so Winamp does not disappear when I click the "Show Desktop" button in the Windows taskbar).

I did have to edit preview 3 skin to get small Bento Windowshade back, but this should not be a problem in final because they are going to include both versions
Old 8th October 2007, 21:09   #314
Pidgeot

Quote:
Originally posted by kagekonjou
Why can't Winamp just embed whatever your default browser is? Is it not possible to embed Firefox or anything else other than IE?
Basically, no. Yes, it's possible to embed them, but you practically need to include the entire rendering engine in your source code - very few, if any, other browsers expose their rendering engine the way IE does.

It's also not very maintainable, as you'd need to update it every single time they change something - which means you'll break compatibility.

IE, on the other hand, comes with every single Windows installation, and you never need to change your code - once you've embedded it, it'll run on anything from IE 4 to IE 7, without any changes needed.
Old 8th October 2007, 21:11   #315
mezron

Sound fade

Ok, I think I'm on to something here with the sound problems I'm having.

Quick recap.. In Vista with a Soundblaster Audigy 2zs and XFi Gamer same thing happens. In Winamp with all settings at default and wearing headphones and having the speaker type in the control panel set to headphones the sound kind of fades in and out. Actually, it sounds more like the volume is lowered at the loudest parts. What I've been doing as a workaround is leaving the speaker settings set as 2/2.1, which defeats the cmss feature.

Anyhoo... on a whim I tried using the Alchemy thing which for those unfamiliar remaps directsound calls to OpenAL so those of us on Vista get hardware sound again. Enabling this fixed my sound, and looking at the Winamp Direct Sound output plugin status Winamp thinks it's using hardware acceleration.

Old 8th October 2007, 22:06   #316
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
@Kn0tte
Checking your posts/screenshots/logs out now...
Watch this space for edits.

[edit]

Clean install of latest internal build, and I can't reproduce either issue.
Let's assume they've already been fixed then....
Ok.. I hope so Did you get it when (if) you installed build 1600? I want these problems fixed... You didnt see anything wrong with my hijack log?

What about the new equalizer bug who soulstace found?
Old 8th October 2007, 22:55   #317
auhsor

Thanks DJ Egg and williamatorb for the clarification. I'll put up with the message for now and install IE7 when I can. I know the frustrations with IE but I think there should be a more elegent solution. Oh well
Old 8th October 2007, 23:37   #318
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ soulstace & Kn0tte
There is no default EQ preset, you have to save one first.
Yeah, I know it's a bit funky, but it's always been like that.
eg. if you reset the EQ to flat, then go to: presets > save > default,
that is what will load when you go to: presets > load > default.

@mezron
If we could reproduce it, then I'm sure we'd: 1) fix it asap, and 2) have got a hell of a lot more reports of it happening.
I'm really not sure what's causing it, other than maybe bad drivers or settings...

[edit]

Okay, I've just seen your newer post (which wasn't here when I first started typing)...

@flocksoft
Thanks

@Kn0tte
As stated in my (edited) previous post, I can't reproduce either of your two issues on a clean install of the latest internal build, so am assuming that they are both already fixed. We shall see...

Re: build 1600
I don't think I ever even installed it, tbph ;-)

@gsnde
Hmm... interesting. Will be looked at....

All other posts/comments/etc also noted.
Old 8th October 2007, 23:46   #319
mezron

Quote:
@mezron
If we could reproduce it, then I'm sure we'd: 1) fix it asap, and 2) have got a hell of a lot more reports of it happening.
I'm really not sure what's causing it, other than maybe bad drivers or settings...
wow... I wasn't expecting anything done about it today or anything. Anyway, the Alchemy program "fixes" it for me so I'll be on my way. Do with my info what you want.

Old 9th October 2007, 00:47   #320
soulstace

Quote:
@ soulstace & Kn0tte
There is no default EQ preset, you have to save one first.
Yeah, I know it's a bit funky, but it's always been like that.
Ah ha, now I see. I could've sworn it used to reset the EQ. I must have been thinking of Windows Media Player..

Thanks.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion