Old 12th March 2006, 17:19   #1
Wazzzuup

Advice to developers about song ratings

Hello Dear Winamp developers!
I'm a very big fan of this cool player! I want to make some notice: I don't know how your rating system works, but if I had rated some songs and then moved them into other directory - the rating information disappears! I think it is may be bug or at least not properly thought-out feature! And I hope that it fill be fixed soon!
I also think that you should add possibility to rate songs inside of different playlists but not only inside all local media! For instance, I have Rock, rap, electro etc playlists and I want to rate compositions inside each playlist separately and independently from others.
Thanks!
Wazzzuup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2006, 05:56   #2
auhsor

I think the ratings system needs a major overhaul with the ability to store the ratings in the tracks. At the moment att the ratings are stored in a file . I recently lost all my rating when I reformatted my computer. I backed up my winamp folder, but when I tried to get it all going again, the old file was incompatable with my new media library which had a few different songs etc.
auhsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2006, 16:38   #3
Wazzzuup

Could we influence on this question resolving? If it is a bug as the matter of a fact
Excuse me for my English in advance
Wazzzuup is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion