I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 05:21   #2
sgtfuzzbubble011

Retards.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 17:50   #3
fc*uk

That Walmart bit is the perfect example of what is wrong with America. The family of the trampled worker is suing Walmart?

I got a better idea. How about we charge everyone involved with taking the hinges off the door with breaking and entering. You can't do that to private property.

Secondly, how about we charge everyone who went through that door and trampled the worker with man slaughter. You all trampled someone .... sounds like man slaughter to me.

But hey, lets sue the corporation instead. They probably have more money anyway ...
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 18:53   #4
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
i think he died from not getting out of the way of the crowd fast enough opening the store btw.

didn't hear anything about people taking the hinges off lol.

Old 30th November 2008, 19:30   #5
Namelessv1
Forum King

Wal-Mart worker dies in shoppers' stampede

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-n...,6262818.story
Quote:
By Tiffany Hsu
November 29, 2008

Friday morning's two shootings in Palm Desert weren't the only violent deaths on Black Friday: Across the country hours earlier, shoppers straining to get into a Wal-Mart in a New York City suburb trampled an employee, police said.

The three fatalities struck a somber note on the day after Thanksgiving, which is traditionally a day of leftovers, football and bargains at the mall.

At 5:03 a.m. Friday, customers surged toward a Long Island Wal-Mart store's entrance.

A 34-year-old temporary employee was killed when a "throng of shoppers . . . physically broke down the doors, knocking him to the ground," according to a statement from Nassau County officials.

He was declared dead at a hospital at 6:03 a.m. The exact cause of death has not been determined.

The surge at the Valley Stream store on Long Island also left three shoppers with minor injuries, and a pregnant 28-year-old woman was taken to a hospital, according to Nassau County officials.

A Wal-Mart statement called the situation tragic. "The safety and security of our customers and associates is our top priority," the company said.

Store managers had expected a large crowd on Black Friday and had requested additional internal and third-party security, more store associates and help from the Nassau police. Barricades were even put up, according to a follow-up statement from Hank Mullany, a senior vice president for the company and president of its northeast division.

"Despite all of our precautions, this unfortunate event occurred," Mullany said.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 20:14   #6
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

i sit corrected, or maybe just slightly uninformed, they're fairly similar.

and all that, we took precautions and didn't send the temp knowingly to his death BS, three words that would have prevented it : Remote Door Locks.

also, not really related, but at the mc minnville wal-mart on saturday here, i noticed a box full of bags of pretzels that had the pretzels printed on it in a fairly noticable yet easily missed way that it sort of looked like a person saluting with a pretzel head in the famed arm straight out way, except it looked like the pinky and index finger were the only ones outstretched.

i walked by and noticed it, thought to myself "ah, now i know where the hitler pretzels are".

Old 30th November 2008, 20:31   #7
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by Too-DAMN-Much
and all that, we took precautions and didn't send the temp knowingly to his death BS, three words that would have prevented it : Remote Door Locks.
Yes, and if you had less access to guns fewer gun-related accidents would happen. But that's just beating around the bush; the real problem is the stupidity of people.
baafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 22:45   #8
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

The problem is that those people pushing and shoving to get in the store cared more about themselves getting the best deals then about whether another person lived or died.

They should indeed be charged.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 22:47   #9
fc*uk

I dunno about stupidity. Yeah, it sure looks like that on the surface. However, the real problem is that we are living in a society that has tried damn hard over the past 20 years to ensure that no one is accountable for anything that they do.

This is a beautiful example of that thinking at work. People that broke into the store and trampled the worker are not accountable for what they did. Walmart should have been more prepared for something like this to happen.

Ummmm no.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildrose-Wally
The problem is that those people pushing and shoving to get in the store cared more about themselves getting the best deals then about whether another person lived or died.

They should indeed be charged.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 23:47   #10
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
This is why we can't have nice things

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 01:51   #11
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
One reason to shop online.

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 11:27   #12
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

not defending the black friday trampling at all, but from what i've been told of black friday sales this is only slightly worse than expected and if you stop for any reason you'll likely be knocked down by the crowd behind you.

Old 19th February 2009, 16:18   #13
stevephilipps

You would think that the people would at least have the patience to wait until the doors were actually open, and i thought that walmart was a place you could take your entire family without any worry of such things happening there?
stevephilipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News