Old 27th April 2010, 21:08   #1
Marlon_Bodicker

Cutting down WinAmp's CPU usage to influence playback

Hi everybody,

A few days ago something rather funny happened to me. I wanted to play an mp3 file, with some kind of experimental music, so I didn't really know what to expect.

The music was (to say the least) very strange, but wonderful in a way, but when I wanted to listen to the song again (about an hour later), it sounded totally different.

At first I didn't realise what had happened, but then it dawned on me. Because I was doing a lot of things at the same time while listening to the song the first time, WinAmp didn't have enough processing power to play the mp3 correctly, so instead it played something like a slowed-down version, skipping frames here and there.

The result was, although very strange, actually surprisingly good, so I would like to listen to it again, as I heard it the first time.

My question now is very simple: is there a way to let WinAmp play a song in this fashion on purpose? I could of course try to recreate the situation again, by running a lot of tasks at the same time on my computer, but then I wouldn't be able to record the mp3.

Is there a way to let WinAmp play the song as described, and store it as a new mp3?

Thanks any input!

Best regards,

Marlon

PS: yes, I do listen to some strange music from time to time
Marlon_Bodicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support