Old 10th August 2002, 03:08   #1
Nico77

Unhappy Repeat One doesn't work...

Hi there,

I'm so sorry, I've been waiting for this "Repeat One" feature in WinAmp for like... years, and now it's there, in WinAmp3, but..... it doesn't work

-> Load a playlist, open the Prefs/Playlists, have the "Repeat single file" option selected, play ONE song in the middle of your playlist, let it reach the end, and no no no... it will NOT repeat itself... the next track will be played

It behaves as if "Repeat entire playlist" was checked.

Can we expect this to be quickly fixed, please?

/me is a true repeat-one maniac... sometimes :P

Except from this, I'm highly impressed by WA3, GJ. But it's just the beginning...

Cu all,

Nico.
Old 13th August 2002, 16:56   #2
Nico77

Really... am I the only one interested in this REPEAT ONE feature?

Could someone else at least say that they're disappointed to finally have found this feature included, BUT... it doesn't work...

It's a tad frustrating... admit it :/

I know there are many other bugs/problems (at least, it seems so), but this REPEAT ONE thing was a NEW feature, and yet, it seems noone really tested it, to see if it worked, before releasing the final v3.

How come...
Old 13th August 2002, 17:08   #3
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
I don't see the big deal... Yeah, it's a new feature, yes... It doesn't work. Wait for the next version.
Old 13th August 2002, 19:39   #4
Nico77

Sure it's no big deal, it's just a "new feature that doesn't work"

It's just sad... (esp. when you've been waiting for it for so long, and mailing the authors *some* times about it, since the v1.xx of winamp (and yes, I registered it back then)).

Anywayyy..... I'll wait some more...

Thank you for your answer.

Regards,

Nico.
Old 13th August 2002, 21:48   #5
Aus
French Canadian
(Alumni)

Send a message via AIM to Aus
No, that's not how the feature works.
You guys just have it wrong. When you have that checked, it will repeat the playlist EVEN IF THERE IS ONLY ONE FILE IN IT.

That is all it does. If you use the other option, it will not repeat if there is only one song in the playlist.

That's all there is to it.

Aus -- NoisePort.Org, chronicles of the french canadian alien (Temporarly down during the move).
Old 14th August 2002, 00:51   #6
Nico77

Ehh?

You were joking, right? Or, are you telling us that there is no damn REPEAT ONE feature, in year 2002, in the so popular WinAmp ?

If it's the case, I think I'll switch back to some other player that offers the so usual 3-positions switch: REPEAT OFF/ONE/ALL.

That's all I want

m00.
Old 14th August 2002, 02:01   #7
Aus
French Canadian
(Alumni)

you know, you could make a script for that very easily. :P

Aus -- NoisePort.Org, chronicles of the french canadian alien (Temporarly down during the move).
Old 14th August 2002, 03:31   #8
Nico77

Talking

Hehe... I actually love programming/scripting, but it would be quite sad to have to code something that IS there already (but just.. not working (yet?)).

Furthermore, I'll copy/paste what I have read in the official FAQ in the WishList section:

Quote:
Repeat one / Repeat all option?
This is in there. Preferences (Ctrl-P) > System > Playlists > Repeat
It's from this link .

So... I'm not dreaming, they actually talk about a "REPEAT ONE / REPEAT ALL" thingy, and looking at the options you get in the Prefs/System/Playlists page, it's obvious that it is "Repeat single file / Repeat entire playlist".

Ok, now, I've re-tested it, to be sure:

1st test: my playlist consists of ONLY ONE track.

Results: Same behaviour in both modes (and it's logical, here), the track repeats at the end, again and again.

2nd test: my playlist consists of TWO tracks.

Results: Same behaviour in both modes (and there, it's NOT right), track 1 is played, then track 2, then back to track 1, track 2, and so on...

Conclusion:

These 2 settings ("Repeat single file" and "Repeat entire playlist") do the very same thing!

That's great, eh?

Please, try it by yourself, you'll see...

Now, I just hope that it will be fixed soon, cause the option IS FINALLY THERE........ but for some odd reason, it does not "repeat one" track only, within a playlist of several tracks, as it should...

I hope it's clear now?

Thanks for your time, and I trust the authors to quickly fix this little problem

Cheers,

Nico.
Old 14th August 2002, 07:45   #9
sp0i0n

To make that function works, try right click at the song u want it to be repeated and select Enqueue/Dequeue.
Old 14th August 2002, 19:54   #10
Nico77

Wow, I missed that.

Thank you, but, still, it does repeat it only once, tho it should do it forever (untill you unselect the "repeat one" state, in fact), IMHO.

Are you going to come again with another hint about this?

What about this little "1" that appears on the left of the song title, and WHY does it disappear when the song repeats for the first time?

I think the bug is just there!

It indeed looks like the little "1" you see on CD players, etc, when you switch to REPEAT ONE mode, gahhh, I want it to work as it should!!

Why doesn't it stay displayed forever (untill you decide to stop repeating the same song) ........

Are we gonna find the solution, finally?

Cya,

Nico (the repeat-one addict).
Old 14th August 2002, 21:27   #11
sp0i0n

what i noticed that little "1" is order of songs u selected.
for example, the first song u selected to be repeated gonna be "1", next one "2", and next "3" and so on.

yeah, it does repeat it only once, not forever!

I think that the bug, hope it will be fixed soon!
Old 14th August 2002, 21:53   #12
Nappylady

Send a message via ICQ to Nappylady Send a message via AIM to Nappylady
I can't believe no one has noticed....

that selecting it for the list to NOT REPEAT AT ALL, it acts as if you had repeat selected. No matter if the little option in the options box is selected or not, no matter if the button on the skin is pushed, it still repeats the same way.

I don't think anyone has actually programmed anything behind those two options at all.

Old 14th August 2002, 21:55   #13
Aus
French Canadian
(Alumni)

stfu. it's a bug. we tracked it down.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Bug Reports