Help i need a good bmp (bitmap) editor!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bla
    • Mar 2005

Help i need a good bmp (bitmap) editor!!

I realley need a graphic editor!!
    Please send me a site!!
  • Namelessv1
    Forum King
    • Nov 2000

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program: The Free and Open Source Image Editor

Comment

• bla
      • Mar 2005

Already try it my comp c'ant support it.(Tanks do)

Comment

• bla
        • Mar 2005

Would anyone put a site pleez!!

Comment

• Schmeet
          Major Dude
          • Oct 2004

I only know one free editor other than MSPaint and that's Gimp. Guess you'll just have to fork out some money and get Photoshop or PaintshopPro.

If you think it's pretty expensive, which it is, then get your school to buy it for you and give them the money back. It is so much cheaper doing it like that. If they refuse, then get a student discount one. It's the same, only cheaper. I can't remember the URL of the student discount site so you'll probs just have to google it.

Comment

• mikm
            Major Dude
            • May 2001

Of course, if his computer can't support Gimp (as there is a Windows release), it probably won't support Photoshop or PSP.
            powered by C₈H₁₀N₄O₂

Comment

• jerimiah40
              Major Dude
              • Nov 2004

Its the one I use, and It works quite well. Doesn't support any advanced features (graidients, layers, etc), and there are some cool things that you can't do with the free version(actually, you can, but you can't save afterwards), but it works well anyway.

Comment

• biggman15
                • Dec 2004

Don't You Dare Install Ultimate Paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It Took Me More Than 2 Hours to Clean all of the Adware And Virus's from that program off of My computer!!!

And Ad-Aware Removed that Peice of Junk For Me... The whole Program.... It has 1 Trojan also...

I had just did a complete virus and Spyware scan before installing it then 10 minutes after I installed it My computer came to a crashing halt.... That is the worst peice of software I have ever seen!!!!!

Comment

• jerimiah40
                  Major Dude
                  • Nov 2004

Yup, you just keep believing that. I've used it for the last year, and not a single virus, spyware, or adware from it. You probably just don't like it. I want a second opinion.

Comment

• biggman15
                    • Dec 2004

Just Curious but Which Version did You install back then???
                    I installed the So Called Freeware Version, and I found out why it was free...

Comment

• jerimiah40
                      Major Dude
                      • Nov 2004

It wasn't quite a year ago, I downloaded Ultimate Paint Standard 2.86 (Trial Version) (at the top of the download page). I really don't need any of the things that are disabled, so it works for me. And anyway, I found a way to get past the no-save-after-using-certain-effects limitation, so thats a bonus.

Comment

• biggman15
                        • Dec 2004

Trial version may be clean... Don't know for sure, But either way I have always used GIMP...

Comment

• pixiefied
                          Mother Trucker
                          • Jun 2002

it also depends on where you get your programs biggman.if you get it from a download site that is not the programs original webpage... ya,your risking it.
                          "Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
                          - Mr.Jones

Comment

• jerimiah40
                            Major Dude
                            • Nov 2004

I use the Gimp as well as UP, because although I like UP's interface more, the Gimp can handle more advanced features

Comment

• biggman15
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by pixiefied
                              it also depends on where you get your programs biggman.if you get it from a download site that is not the programs original webpage... ya,your risking it.

I got it straight off the designers Website... the one Jeremiah pointed to...

Comment

Working...
                              X