Old 28th June 2006, 06:24   #1
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
How do I tell this to a 13 year old?

Ok...I'm having some family in town from Albuquerque, NM, and among them is my 13 year old cousin...She's pretty cool to hang out with...She'll be a freshman in high school when the fall semester comes around, so there's not much she doesn't already know out of all the thing's said around her, so it's not like talking to her is like talking to a kid...That being said, she asked me about something all her friends talk about, and while I can usually be a straight-talker, I feel entirely awkward with this subject...

How in the hell do I explain to my cousin what "Masterbation" is?

"Playing with yourself" isn't the answer she's looking for, since it doesn't really explain anything, as she doesn't get what this means...

Help me get her a jump-start on high school sex ed class...I'm not much of the converser on self-pervation amongst family...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 06:25   #2
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

Tell her to use google.
skryingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 06:27   #3
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Oh sex is easy to talk about. You just... um, well...uh...

yeah.....

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 06:33   #4
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Hand her a dictionary and tell her it's the only "safe" sex (unless she was handling poison ivy earlier that day).

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 06:36   #5
Colonel Sanders

I'm glad I don't have your problem, the only cousins that I know are two guys, one a year younger than, the other a year older. One has an incredibly dirty mind (in a humorous way) the other is more reserved. Anyways, on to your problem, just follow this 3-step plan:

1) Go to google.
2) Type in "masturbation deffiniton" or something similar, goal is to find a dictionary with the word you need.
3) Print out the result and hand to your cousin.

Good luck.

L J

Last edited by Colonel Sanders; 28th June 2006 at 07:28.
Colonel Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 07:46   #6
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Yeah, and make sure that definition includes pics.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 09:37   #7
Colonel Sanders

Quote:
Originally posted by Psythik
Yeah, and make sure that definition includes pics.

Actually, a video would be better- more informative, easier to find, and funner to watch.

L J
Old 28th June 2006, 09:42   #8
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

I'd simply tell her to ask her parents. Parents are supposed to educate their children on all subjects, why would sexual matters be any different?
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 09:50   #9
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
My guess would be that she is all too aware what it is - by definition at least, and that she's trying to get a reaction from her big older cousin by throwing these words at him. Nowadays, any kid that can send an email or surf the web can use google to find out these things, so unless she's living in the back end of Ethiopia or something, chances are she's google'd it already.

Though you could always show her, I guess. I hear that waste ground or woodland miles away from home is the preferred location.

Like my photography? Buy some here....
. - .... .- -. .... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 09:58   #10
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

/me hears siren blaring
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 10:59   #11
Colonel Sanders

Quote:
Originally posted by ethan_h
<snip>Though you could always show her, I guess. </snip>
Em dude, they're related.

L J
Old 28th June 2006, 12:14   #12
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Ask her what felching is in reponse.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 12:20   #13
zootm
Forum King

We'd covered that in sex ed in school by the time we were 13...

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 12:36   #14
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Sanders
Em dude, they're related.
Not like they're brother and sister.

Say this while unzipping
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 12:42   #15
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Lets see... You could demonstrate but I bet people will say that's sick. You could say it's having sex by yourself. You could tell her that it is how you please your self sexually by playing with your genitals.

If you don't want to do any of the above you could either tell her to use google or ask her parents.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 13:43   #16
tuckerm
Forum Emo

www.wikipedia.org
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 15:40   #17
fastingaciu
Major Dude

Quote:
Masturbation is the manual excitation of the sexual organs, most often to the point of orgasm. It can refer to excitation either by oneself or by another (see mutual masturbation). It is part of a larger set of activities known as autoeroticism, which also includes the use of sex toys and non-genital stimulation. There are also masturbation machines used to simulate intercourse. Masturbation and sexual intercourse are the two most common sexual practices, but they are not mutually exclusive (for example, many people find the sight of their partner masturbating highly erotic). Some people are able to achieve orgasm only through masturbation and not sexual intercourse. In the animal kingdom, masturbation has been observed in many mammalian species, both in the wild and in captivity.

Those who can do, do; those who can't do, teach.
fastingaciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 15:49   #18
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by tuckerm
www.wikipedia.org
You use wikipedia to get your wanking tips?, explains a lot
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 17:34   #19
tuckerm
Forum Emo

rofls

No.
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 21:42   #20
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

Quote:
Originally posted by ethan_h
My guess would be that she is all too aware what it is - by definition at least, and that she's trying to get a reaction from her big older cousin by throwing these words at him.
I discovered it by accident when I was 12. Any more detail would be TMFI. I can only guess that girls are less likely to "stumble" across it.

@Bilbo
Razzinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 00:22   #21
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

Agree with ethan. Probably looking for a reaction but the fact that you were asked ahead of the parents means you might be trusted more.
Just to be safe, start off with the technical definitions then move on to your take / experience with the subject - whatever will add the mosr value.

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 01:55   #22
Jay
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by razzinno
I discovered it by accident when I was 12. Any more detail would be TMFI. I can only guess that girls are less likely to "stumble" across it.

@Bilbo
not necessarily true. This is purely by my opinion on talking with a few women about it but it would seem that they find it in similar ways that guys do. It is linked to sex drive and the mind. Not necessarily anything physical.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 04:05   #23
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by hgnis
Agree with ethan. Probably looking for a reaction but the fact that you were asked ahead of the parents means you might be trusted more.
Probably has to do with age too...Hell, I'd probably have asked friends of similar ages before my parents if I were in her position...

I actually thought about Wikipedia shortly after making this thread...The masterbation entry has some pretty erotic pictures...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 29th June 2006, 04:24   #24
seraphim

Quote:
Originally posted by razzinno
I've known of girls who started masterbating around 6 or so. Maybe even a bit earlier.

She might be fully aware of what it is, but just not know the word.
seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 05:36   #25
MStar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to MStar Send a message via AIM to MStar Send a message via Yahoo to MStar
lol selfpwned.

my mom came in 'cause her email isn't working, this happened to be the thread on the screen.

MStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 13:02   #26
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Did you ask her for a masturbation example?
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 13:16   #27
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....

Giggity, giggity!

Old 29th June 2006, 23:44   #28
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Is the PC/tv in a seperate room?
yes - she knows
no - she *might* not know

just bring a dildo.. she'll get the point

/edit: no pun intended

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever

Last edited by Warrior of the Light; 30th June 2006 at 00:20.
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 01:18   #29
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by seraphim
She might be fully aware of what it is, but just not know the word.
Nope, she's legit...

She saw a ****** commercial, and she asked me what ******'s for...She knows it's for a guy's "dick", but the keywords "erectile dysfunction", "hard-on", and "boner" are three things that don't ring up with her...Yes, I used those words; Damn, I need to bring her up to speed...

Old 30th June 2006, 05:43   #30
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
has she ever seen an erect male?
and i didn't think they ever used the words "boner" and "hard-on" in commercials, ****** or non.

maybe you could just show her a picture of a guy with a hardy, and explain to her that the guys in this world have a sticky outy part and that females have a... (ummm) big hole(?) (trying not to offend any of the forums ladies) and let her find out what sex is and how it's done that way, then mention to her that men can't always find a willing woman when they feel the need to have sex, and vice versa, so they invented other ways of sexual pleasure.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 06:34   #31
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Too-DAMN-Much
i didn't think they ever used the words "boner" and "hard-on" in commercials, ****** or non.
No, those are my words, unless you can think of other simple adjectives that describe an erect penis...

Old 30th June 2006, 06:39   #32
rockouthippie
Banned

http://love.ivillage.com/author/bio/...4_prtr,00.html

Give her the link to Dr. Ruth. If that isn't enough to scare her . Explain that Dr. Ruth is only 24.

I dunno, explaining masturbation to your 13 year old cousin might raise an eyebrow someplace.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 09:19   #33
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

good point, i thought the very same thing when i first read the original post, but i figured he wouldn't listen, or there was some reason he actually SHOULD explain it to her, himself.

Old 30th June 2006, 09:50   #34
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
I dunno, explaining masturbation to your 13 year old cousin might raise an eyebrow someplace.
That would be my main concern too. I'm trying to imagine what would be going through your aunts mind should your cousin ever tell her that you were having these little private sex chats, or worse again, showing her "a picture of a guy with a hardy", and it's not good.

Find out if her school has a counselllor, or a teacher dedicated to teaching sex-ed. And tell her to go to them instead. They should have all the information that she should ever need.

Old 30th June 2006, 09:52   #35
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

ethan...

*doh*

Old 30th June 2006, 23:55   #36
gameplaya15143
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
No, those are my words, unless you can think of other simple adjectives that describe an erect penis...
stiffy

She probably knows what 'jacking off' means and just needs the connection to 'proper' terminology.

... and hasn't she ever heard of a dictionary
gameplaya15143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 00:26   #37
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

Quote:
Originally posted by gameplaya15143
She...just needs the connection to 'proper' terminology.
I remember in junior high (7th and 8th grades), the nurse had a frank discussion about sex and masturbation. The kids snickered when she used the street terms like 'boner' and gave us the correct terminology. One kid asked where do you get rubbers and she explained they were called condoms.

A lot of us though, went to the back of the classroom and supplemented what she had told us with the encyclopedia, and yes, masturbation was in there.

Are the schools in Albuquerque not mentioning the subject in junior high today?
Old 1st July 2006, 01:26   #38
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

I don't know about New Mexican education, but I can tell you Kentuckian education didn't introduce you to a health class until high school (9th grade)...

Old 1st July 2006, 01:36   #39
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

We had a repeat performance, so to speak, in health class too. Probably 9th or 10th grade. With all the kids that get pregnant in high school, it makes you wonder how much worse the situation would be if they didn't cover those subjects in school.
Old 1st July 2006, 15:57   #40
Colonel Sanders

I had sex ed in Grade school- like 5th grade I believe. Then I moved from the big city, and had it again in 7th grade. There was a 3rd time in HS. Out of my amazingly large class of 30, 1 dropped out (3.33%), 2 were held back (6.67%), 1 was a forieng exchange student from Sweeden, and only 1 was pregnant- during her senior year. Graduation ceremony lasted at most a half hour.

During all 3 times that they schoold brough up sex, I don't remember them every mentioning masterbating, and they deffinately didn't talk about the stuff bilbo mentioned.

L J
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions