Old 29th May 2001, 09:56   #1
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax

I dunno I think I am lacking on something...while it is for the most part pretty clean, I can't help feeling like I am lacking somewhere...

Any Suggestions are more than welcome!

(No Download) Sorry, Just the image...for now.

Let me know if you want to get it to check it out more thoroughly...

All help is very much appreciated beforehand...

-Joe W. Garrett
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2001, 10:02   #2
The Only Lynx
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to The Only Lynx
wheres the balance bar?

i think thats the thing thats lacking
now the layouts and balance inside the skin arent equal anymore.. its too heavy on the left side of the main window

"when you are with me i'm free, i'm careless, i believe"
The Only Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2001, 10:06   #3
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
Note:

The Lower Buttons are not aligned quite right...Still Trying to get them aligned and decide if buttons or textual elements or both...or some kind of hybrid.

The posbar area (left) under Options Menu is cut incorrectly if you notice the white vertical dash....

The Area's of interest would be
*Missing Balance Bar - Should I put it in?
*1 Pixel Point missing on EQ Panel VIS
*Preset Button on EQ Not Good Color
*Bottom area of EQ Bars are cut out...(fixing)
*Textual Elements (Mono/Ster, Visual, Volume) Suggestions
*Kbps / Khz - Suggestions
*Shuf/Rep - Suggestions
*EQ - On/Auto/Preset Text Suggestions
*Shading Tips on some areas...
*Should I alter the bg color of the area above posbar/under Song Info?
*Should I include # Definitions for ea. Eq Bar?

Anything else greatly appreciated...

Old 29th May 2001, 12:59   #4
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Hmm...Well, I Went and published what I have so far...

Take a look and let me know how it is...

http://www.winamp.com/components/det...ponentId=63361
Old 29th May 2001, 20:15   #5
BullGawD
Cool Guy.
(Forum King)

Wow, overwhelming response in here.

Okay GJ, here are a few suggestions based on your screenshot. First, I don't think that your titlebar buttons quite fit the rest of the amp. Perhaps if you used that 'steel panel' look that you have on the bottom of your Playlist - I think that'd look pretty good. You could extend that comment to the numbers, kHz/kbps, and other areas of the main.

If you don't want to go that way, you could use the steel panel thing on your background images - that'd add a little more business, and help fill up some of your empty areas. I really like this idea. That's a nice effect you have there, I think it'd be nice to extend it further into this project.

Umm, I'd customize your clutterbar (OAIDV) a little more.

I don't like the light blue of your lowered EQ bars - it doesn't quite fit. I do like the gradient used in your raised bars however.

Do a little more with your Cbuttons, that's tight and clean, but very plain.

You're EQ foreground doesn't match the foreground of the other windows. It's angular, whereas the others are rounded.

You're missing the Playlist control buttons in the SS.

Don't like the italics on the playlist stack markers - it doesn't match the rest of your text. (neither does stereo/mono, but I like that, oddly enough. Perhaps 'cause it's not so big.)

Button ideas - well, that's completely up to the author in my opinion, but on the main window, I'd center all of that stuff on Cbutton row (including eject button.)

Well, there's my typical BG ramble. Hope it helps somewhat, and I hope I told you something that perhaps you didn't know. G'luck.

...a blatant person.
BullGawD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2001, 21:47   #6
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Cbuttons & More

Yeah, They are simple - I kinda wanted them to very visible and clean however, Your right they do lack but I have no idea what else to do with them. The Teal area there is supposed to be for area's that are visually simple. However, I don't think the effect is quite what I want. The Shuf/Rep will likely contain the same color as the cbutton row. Don't know yet though.

The playlist buttons on bottom...(Italics) while intentional, I have decided I will like change them...I will make them textual as the load is. (Smaller as well)

I changed the EQ Slider up position to be a reverse of the EQ Slider lowered.

(thanks BullGawD)

Customizing the OAIDV keeps pissing me off...I don't know what to do with them...(Nasty little buggers these)

The Text/Numbers area - Good Suggestion but, a bit harder to implement than I'd like. But, I will give it a go...(Perhaps, making them look similar in color to the PLEdit..Text elements).

The SS is to light to show the PL Button (it was off)

I have changed most of what you were looking for. I made the EQ Rounded with a rounded island in the center. (Raised area).

It's decent.
The ss should be updated to show the components...(in all their glory)

Old 30th May 2001, 03:04   #7
mr_sax
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to mr_sax
where'd u get the 3d analizer? i want something to put in that space that's not as crapy as the one i have right now..

mr_sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2001, 04:19   #8
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Analyzer...

Not sure where I got it...I created a library in PS 6.0 that I use ???

I have multiple libraries that I just click (images created by me mimicking other skins or whatever, for which I really like...)

As for where this one came from I haven't the foggiest...
(Sorry...hell, Maybe I created it...)
Old 30th May 2001, 21:57   #9
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Well, Now...

The screenshot up above should reflect the changes that I have made and shows what I have. The CButtons is the only thing that I am concerned with now. What to do...

Old 1st June 2001, 04:45   #10
e-blackadder

just a thought...

Its just a thought, but on the c buttons... why not lose the grey (perhaps a lightly blue-tinted white?) and redesign the control symbols along the same lines as the Stereo and Sliderbar? Granted "stop" is hard given its just a square, but surely you could jazz up something for the others. (change the square stop to a pointed diamond? : ) I think that removing the plain grey and following the color scheme of the rest of the main window would really bring it out. Something to consider anyways.
e-blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2001, 05:44   #11
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

True...

I agree with that...however, I think that it would detract from the bevel look I am trying to accomplish. I don't know I will play with it...if something comes out, I'll keep it.

Good Idea.
(the diamond thing)

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
Old 1st June 2001, 07:06   #12
e-blackadder

or...

One last notion, which shouldn't clash with yr look you want. Perhaps a simple enhancement would do the trick, say a little color and/or a light shading?
e-blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2001, 07:58   #13
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Send a message via ICQ to Jayn Send a message via AIM to Jayn
IMHO..I think it would look cute if you used the EQ slider as a background for each cbutton individually.

Jayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins