Old 3rd June 2001, 09:52   #1
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Send a message via ICQ to Jayn Send a message via AIM to Jayn
This is the most difficult thing I've ever said....but when I find myself crying over things I am helpless to do anything about...then it's time for me to say goodbye. You guys here are absolutely the best! I love you all, and I will always cherish every second I've spent in the forums with all of you. I'll miss all of you terribly...you all mean so much more to me than you'll ever know.

Mike...*hug*..Thank you..you have shared so much with me...from email addresses, wallpapers, and music... to taking the extra time to try and 'Jaynproof' things so I can understand them, and telling the guys on the Skin-Dev-List to 'fucking behave' so I didn't hafta get nasty with them while you were gone . I deeply appreciate everything you've done for me.

Xerxes...*hug*..one last toast with the bublish *clink*. Every time I anti-alias...I will always think of you , my dear friend.

BG...*hug*..I'll miss that knack you seem to have, of coming along at just the right time to cheer people up You're a very caring and honest person, and I hope you never change that.

Amp...*hug*..I'll miss you so very much...we've been here a long time together...you'll always be more than just a friend to me.

Chad...*hug*..I'll miss you and your 'nanners'...and the cute way you say the most 'off-the-wall' things at the perfect time to crack us all up.

Duk...*hug*..There will be a void in my little life that used to be filled with little ::snicker snicker::'s, <Peeking Duk>'s, and 'ok..she's gone now's. I'll truly miss your wit, and your thoughtful and sincere ideas and deeds.

Cappy...*hug*..I'll miss your bug reports....but more than that I'll miss all the bits of wisdom and advice you have given to me.

Dawg4Life...*hug*..I guess I've never actually told you what a huge help you have been...especially in Tech Support Skins, PlugIns...you're always there with an answer to help out. Thank you.

Rikki...*hug*..Thank you, for all the help you've given me with skins and skin questions...I've learned so much from you.

Zeruel...*hug*..Thank you, for all the patience you had with me on my Anime skin (I might surprise you and actually finish it and send it to you for your thoughts )..and for keeping things 'lively' in the forums.

Pixelpusher...*hug*..Thank you, for being a dear friend, as well as a comforting shoulder to cry on. I hope you've got those 24 karat gold 'I'm Da Man' cufflinks locked away safely.

Lynx...*hug*..We've both come along way since our Creed skins...you've been a great friend...thank you.

Matt...*hug*..Thank you, for politely keeping on top of me to get things done (you know what a terrible procrastinator I am )...thank you.

MJ...*hug*..Thank you, for your humor, your sharing...and for your wire frame (someday I'll actually sit down and figure out how to use it ).

To everyone...*group hug*..individually..you're all the most wonderful people I've ever met....put you all together in one forum...and it's so easy to see why Skin Love is the best forum on the entire internet.

To all the other mods (if any happen to stroll by and see this)...*hug*..I'm very lucky to have gotten the opportunity to have worked alongside of you all. You're all the most amazing people...with such dedication to the forums, and to helping people. I'm very proud that I got to be a part of the 'Mod Squad' here. Thanks guys...you're all the best!

Chev...*hug*..there will always be a warm spot in my heart for you sweetie

I'll leave our fine MikroAMP skins on my little page until I can get them all moved over to the WSD site. After that, if you will, just submit them there from now on (unless Mike wants to host them on his site).

Jayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 09:57   #2
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
Who did this?

wha! Jayn...I know I don't know you well but, why are you leaving. I have found a great deal of wonderful things that you have said. Surely, you have the ability to stay don't you? I would love to see you here tomorrow and the day after. Is there someone that has upset you...I can take care of them if you wish? Is there something that can prevent your 'leaving'?

I am so sorry, I did not get to know you better Jayn...but, if there were any one thing I could say to keep you here I would. Just ask me to say or do it? Please, grant us your stay...Winamp.World will be to hard to deal with otherwise.

<????>

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 10:14   #3
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 10:23   #4
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
[slowmotion]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!...[/Slowmotion]

So suddenly... you're leaving

This community will be deeply affected to the core with your departure... it simply won't be the same without you

You will be missed lots... more than you can possibly imagine

/xerxes buries head in hands...

Now is the time for all good Americans to come to the aid of their Country
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 11:12   #5
NeoRenegade
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NeoRenegade Send a message via AIM to NeoRenegade
/me buries head in hands and cries.

/me suddenly runs and jumps out the window.

/me is alright, only jumped from the first floor.

I'm gonna miss ya
NeoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 12:18   #6
Riksruin
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Riksruin Send a message via AIM to Riksruin Send a message via Yahoo to Riksruin
Okay uh... good bye Jayn... and thank you soooo much for all the help that u've gave me with skins.. and thank you for the 1st skin colaboration skin lovin christmas.

and if u do make skins in the future can i ask a real big favour that u could send me a copy ur work is truely amazing

have a good one!!

xx.Rikki
Riksruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 13:20   #7
skinme!
Forum King

Jayn, I'm so sorry to hear that you're leaving this forum. I just wanna say thanks for everything. I remember when I first joined (under a different alias) and I was a newbie asking questions. You (and all the other regulars, but especially you) were always there to help and to offer comments.

We will all miss you

He had decided to live forever, or die in the attempt
In America - a must see film
skinme! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 14:11   #8
mrsbladez

I am very sorry to see you go Jayn . You've been very helpful to us "newbies" and were kind enough to boost one of my skins when it was attacked by a neanderthal. You were also very good at keeping the "naughty boys" on best behavior, .

You will be sorely missed
mrsbladez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 15:02   #9
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Goodbye Jayn
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 15:31   #10
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 16:02   #11
ampburner
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to ampburner Send a message via AIM to ampburner Send a message via Yahoo to ampburner

I'm a bit overwhelmed by this, not sure what to say.
I think I just want to say that I'll miss you very much but if you think this is something you have to do then I fully support you. Though your leaving makes me very sad I'd like to say good luck and fare well.

love, ampburner
ampburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 16:42   #12
chiquita chad
Forum King

as ampburner said, i am also very overwhelmed by this, i ever would expect you to leave us... but if it's for something more important i feel no reason for stopping you... please, stop by every now and then. if i started a thread about who everyone in here likes best, every single person who say your name, without any doubt. you'll be missed so very much in here . Goodbye

Chiquita Chad

P.S. 'nanners

Artist Track
chiquita chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 17:04   #13
pixelpusher
Major Dude

Jayn.
This is a sad day for skin love indeed. The absense of
your kind and gentle spirit will be void thats hard to fill.
I consider it an honor to be called friend by you.
You will be sorely missed Goodbye Jayn. It has been a
pleasure sharing the same forum with you.

All Hail The Queen Of Skin Love
pixelpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 17:06   #14
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
I third that...it was certainly out of the blue as I only found out from Chev in another thread that you were leaving. There's not much I can add to whats already said - I'll personally miss you, and your posts here, not to mention your sense of humour

Please drop by now and again - I know we'd all love to hear from you

Like my photography? Buy some here....
. - .... .- -. .... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 17:10   #15
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I'm still
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 17:24   #16
chiquita chad
Forum King

I'll never stop

Artist Track
Old 3rd June 2001, 18:05   #17
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

me 3

sniffle sob sob boohoo sniffle
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 18:41   #18
will learn

wow

well wonder if your still checking this thread?
but just in case, i only ever really gave you shit sept for the begining but im learning, it will be much slower with out you wisdom. (must lern to spell) I didn't really know you so therse not much i can say sept for good bye and good luck with what the futer holds for you.

i guess my skin is going to be called jayn its not much but its kinda my way of saying sorry.

cya and hope you find as nice people as you have found here were ever it is that your going.
will learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 19:08   #19
flatmatt
Iron Chef
(Reviewer)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not possible!!!!!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Byebye, Jayn.
flatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 19:41   #20
Nini
skin domptrice
(Major Dudette)

Send a message via ICQ to Nini Send a message via AIM to Nini

Jayn, I can't believe it...
I'm only new here, but I think you were somehow the heart of this forum.we all will miss you...
bye Jayn! (still )
Maybe this will cheer you and us up:

The skin love webring
Nini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 20:56   #21
Assja

Send a message via ICQ to Assja
Nooooo, Whyyyy!

You can't leave now!
You're Mod of the month and all!

I'll miss you, Jayn!

1 2 3 4 5

This sentence is a lie!
Assja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 22:59   #22
marc falk

Send a message via ICQ to marc falk
*sheds a tear*

guess it's gonna be awful quiet round here now....

fsnl
Marc

eo: Sultan - Gel Gor Beni Ask N'eyledi

marc falk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 23:20   #23
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

Location: Gent, Belgium. does anybody know where the toilets are?
Send a message via ICQ to simon snowflake
please don't do this to me.
You made me what I am today on the forums
You where one of the reasons why I got back after 8 months.
You where the one who when I was dragged through my shit, helped me out of it again.
You are one of the few people that can not be missed
You
You
Yo.
Y.

..snif..

don't be a thief of your own life.... : DEXYD - Digitally EXpressing Your Dreams

Join the Winamp Enthusiasts Forum - Join the Winamp Skin Love facebook group:
simon snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2001, 23:36   #24
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
bye jayn.

thanks for all youve done. thanks for being the one person who stuck up for me when i acted like an ass. i'm gonna miss ya.

john.

missyob made me post this.
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2001, 01:14   #25
BullGawD
Cool Guy.
(Forum King)

shit.

Bye Jayn.

...a blatant person.
BullGawD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2001, 03:19   #26
randman

Shit. Why are we losing so many good mods lately? I hope my tirade about skin rips (and it was about rips and NOT post counts) a couple of weeks ago, wasn't a factor in your decision. That would just kill me.
Old 4th June 2001, 04:46   #27
sgtfuzzbubble011

I know that you and I hardly ever crossed forums and talked much, Jayn... but I'm still going to miss you terribly. I wish there was something that I could say or do, but you have to do what you feel needs to be done.

/me struggles to hold back tears, but can't...
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2001, 10:02   #28
THEMike
Bastificator [Alumni]

:confused:

Well now at least flatmatt's sig makes some sense.

But I'm confused as to why Jayn is leaving.

I guess that means I'll have to stay more active so you'd better fucking behave cos I'm not nice. Even tho I am a reverand.

"Beer?"
THEMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2001, 10:16   #29
Duk
Major Dude

Oh what?!

Oh no you are most certainly *not*, young lady! You get back here right now! You ARE skin love! They may as well delete the damn forum if you poof on us. I mean it Jayn! You get back in here right now. I know you are reading this thread ... no one could hang 'round this long and not.

We can work this out. If there is a problem in here that is bringing you to tears, you need only voice it. We're nothing if not helpful to a friend in a time of need. Listen, if you need a break, take one, but don't leave like this. If it goes deeper, you *need* to tell us what is going on. We are your friends and deserve to know.

No, I will not accept this. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever until we have the chance to talk it out. We're family here. You gotta give us the chance. Ya just plain gotta.

You + Here = NOW!!!
You - Here = No More Forum ...

That math even winamp can understand.

Jayn, T-A-L-K ... T-H-I-S ... O-U-T ... P-L-E-A-S-E ...
Duk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2001, 10:16   #30
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
MODMEN:

Can we like keep this thread open by removing post-dated material so that it feels like jayn is always with us?

That way we can come here and post...and say what we will.

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2001, 10:38   #31
HyperZell

Even though I am a newbie here, after reading all the threads, I am sorry to say I never got a chance to get to know you. You are the heart of this forum, and I am not going to deny that. When I joined the forum last month, part of the reason was to make new friends with all the people here, 'cause this, to me anyways, is the best one there is. The part dealing with the skins was just a bonus. I just wish I got a chance to get to know you.

Anywayz, good luck, hope things get better (they eventually will), and I'm wishing you'll return soon.
HyperZell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2001, 11:44   #32
Kaboon

Send a message via ICQ to Kaboon
Well I don't know what to say acctualy. I'm quite confused.

We're all going to miss you very much Jayn! Please do not leave us!
Kaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2001, 11:53   #33
Doggy Dog
Canis Sapiens
(Reviewer)

Send a message via ICQ to Doggy Dog
Awww, maaaaaann, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo, miss you, I WILL miss you, what will we doo without yoooooouuuuuuuu, ohhhhh,waaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.
Doggy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2001, 16:12   #34
will learn

need info

need to know some stuff for my jayn skin

:whats her fave colour?
:band?
lant
:does some one have a photo of her they can send me?(dolby_4_1@hotmail.com)
:a link to her best(good) skin?
Old 4th June 2001, 16:18   #35
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Jayn, take a look at this thread - and every other one that you leaving has been mentioned in. Every single reaction has been "tell me you're kidding", or, "we're gonna miss you". And you were voted mod of the month, for good reason. Everybody here loves having you here, and we're going to be the worse off after you leave. There are too many people here that you've helped and chatted to not to be missed. So take a break if you need to, but reconsider leaving for good...please...

Like my photography? Buy some here....
. - .... .- -. .... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2001, 16:28   #36
cappy17
Major Dude

And are you leaving skinning entirely? Or can we hope for future sleek skins of metal and pink?

Take care, sweet Moderator Ma'am, take care.

Lunatic fringe, we know you're out there.
cappy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2001, 19:50   #37
chiquita chad
Forum King

someone who knows Jayn's email, please send her a copy of all the posts... i know if i was her they would at least cheer me up some, and if we cant get her back we mine as well make her happy

Artist Track
Old 4th June 2001, 19:57   #38
flatmatt
Iron Chef
(Reviewer)

Done.
flatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2001, 20:04   #39
will learn

this starting to rip me up inside!!!!!!!!!!!!

but when I find myself crying over things I am helpless to do anything about...then it's time for me to say goodbye.

if you don't mind telling us what the this thing is your crying about!!! couse you have to be still reading this unless you lost your net or something like that but if you are reading this tell us why your leaving don't just let us hang in dispear come on just one more last post
Old 4th June 2001, 21:46   #40
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

Location: Gent, Belgium. does anybody know where the toilets are?
Send a message via ICQ to simon snowflake
just another

for you jayn

don't be a thief of your own life.... : DEXYD - Digitally EXpressing Your Dreams

Join the Winamp Enthusiasts Forum - Join the Winamp Skin Love facebook group:
simon snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins