Old 9th June 2003, 23:48   #161
apollos
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by neversun
When i was a child, my mother tought me that to speak about someone behind their back was both ill mannered and cowardly, however such activities go on here, a class sytem as neko once put it, where those with power feel they can do as they wish as they are the rule makers, they can bend the rules as and when they see fit, then there are the meer mortals, those of which are in three classes, those that follow the rules, and live a happy existance, passively accepting any actions you take, then there are the otaku, those who will aggree with anything you say if you throw them a cookie now and then, then there are those who dont accept the double edged sword which are, the forums rules, a long time ago this forum was mainly hands off, people got on with each other, and when they didnt, a quick message or email would at worst, calm the situation, then after rm was finally banned, these forums slowly began a downward journey as the admin and those with power tightened its grip on what people could say or do, effectively limiting the 'freedom' in the hopes that another rm' situation would not arise.
Oh go whine to someone who gives a shit
Old 10th June 2003, 00:06   #162
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by Apollos
That's almost as productive as Germ's post.
Old 10th June 2003, 00:08   #163
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

what is productive about this thread?
its just a stupid negative thread pointed at something that will never be changed due to people doing the wrong thing.

its not like we don't know why their all banned.
I can't understand the problem

do the wrong thing and get banned... simple as that
Old 10th June 2003, 00:15   #164
apollos
Forum King

I think that's the point. What's the point in repeating the same facts again and again? They were banned, their actions were dumb, and that's that. It can't be changed so whining for no good reason or bitching about GD being a bad worhtless place or Winamp needing change or whatever acomplishes nothing.

Mods, good job, as far as I see you do everything in your power to keep things up and running and friendly.

Craig, love the sig, it's really cool

Old 10th June 2003, 00:16   #165
neversun
Banned

Define "Do the wrong thing", given the events and actions of users in general, "Doing the wrong thing", applies more to Not sucking the admin off, then breaking the rules, If your cosy with admin, you can bend the rules, Probably one of the reasons why RM got 3 chances, and everyone else had to deal with None.

It was blatent that Hester moffet WAS rm, and yet you guys did FUCK ALL even though he was infact ban evading, so dont come that "break the rules and be banned" shit with me, As i said earlier, if your going tomake rules, make sure EVERYONE sticks to them.
Old 10th June 2003, 00:18   #166
neversun
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Apollos
If thats how you feel, why bother reading/posting in this thread? bloody troll.
Old 10th June 2003, 01:27   #167
ctn|chrisw
Forum King

Its just a fucking forum. Oh well, you got banned, get on with your life. "boo hooo hooo I got banned!". gawd, theres plenty of forums out there.

Old 10th June 2003, 01:54   #168
Bizznatch
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Bizznatch
Bah @ those who want to get rid of GD, if you don't like it here (yes this applies to YOU will and Craig) then you two have the power to disable access for yourselves from here. There's plenty of other mods that care enough and can handle the mod duties here, we don't need your help.

In the words of the wise ElChevelle, if you dont like it here, then fucking leave.

In my opinion GD IS the winamp forums, it has been ever since it was fucking created, if you cant accept that then go hide in the other forums.
Old 10th June 2003, 02:01   #169
neversun
Banned

indeed chris, but the reason im here, and the reason im pissed off is because the word 'naoneo' is now in the censored words list, preventing anyone from using neko's site to host imagers, their own sites, etc, Oh and guess what guys?, Sgt Fuzzbubble is hosted on naoneo too, i'd love to see you try using sgt's smilies while the asses here have the domain name censored.

Fact : naoneo.com is not just nekos site, there are roughly 23 websites hosted on in, mostly friends and other trusted winamp forum users.
Fact : the word naoneo was not blocked until recently, in which time the only actions 'against' nullsoft that neko has taken, was banning Ethan_h from an irc channel in which he is a moderator.

So yeah chris, people get banned, they eventually get over it, but stopping a heap of people from linking to their site, or hosting images on it, of ever SAYING it, is childish, pure and simple.

the phrase "It's my bat and ball, and if i can't play i'm taking it back" springs to mind.
Old 10th June 2003, 02:24   #170
Germ
rules all things

Cry me a river.. hell why not an ocean. Bitching will never get your way home fry. Your analyzations of me are meaningless because I really could care less what a child on a forum thinks of me, that goes for any of you people that think God Knows What about Ole Germ. You can't chase me off or overpower me with intellect because you are simply children on forums, and I am the Lord Almighty himself. I make comments when I believe that you all are getting too sensitive or are trying to start some kind of stupid "revolt" against the moderators. You have to accept in life that there are those that are in charge, and then there is you. They are in charge for a good reason usually, and if you cannot accept the decisions they make, then go skeedaddle somewhere else and make some forums for yourself and then YOU can be the boss. Take a little initiative! You can do it! I have faith in you.
Old 10th June 2003, 02:27   #171
neversun
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Germ
Cry me a river.. hell why not an ocean. Bitching will never get your way home fry. Your analyzations of me are meaningless because I really could care less what a child on a forum thinks of me, that goes for any of you people that think God Knows What about Ole Germ. You can't chase me off or overpower me with intellect because you are simply children on forums, and I am the Lord Almighty himself. I make comments when I believe that you all are getting too sensitive or are trying to start some kind of stupid "revolt" against the moderators. You have to accept in life that there are those that are in charge, and then there is you. They are in charge for a good reason usually, and if you cannot accept the decisions they make, then go skeedaddle somewhere else and make some forums for yourself and then YOU can be the boss. Take a little initiative! You can do it! I have faith in you.
congratulations on adding dry sticks to the fire.
Old 10th June 2003, 02:28   #172
Germ
rules all things

Thanks, I try. I really really do.
Old 10th June 2003, 03:42   #173
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
I'm just happy that raz and gonzo like my post

/me tried to change subject

and nevrsun, you confuse me, what is it exactly that is keeping you from leaving here? Perhaps I will find out in teh "windude, cnn" thread. I'll go look.
Old 10th June 2003, 05:12   #174
Germ
rules all things

He's very angst ridden. Maybe he needs a hug.
Old 10th June 2003, 05:46   #175
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Germ, are you nice to anybody? I mean really. All fucking around aside, are you ever nice to anybody? Name a thread you weren't a complete asshat in. Please. I beg of you.
Do realise that you call other people children on a forum and yet your avatar says "Sex". Woa. Really fucking mature.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Old 10th June 2003, 05:53   #176
Bizznatch
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Bizznatch
Quote:
Originally posted by Fickle
Germ, are you nice to anybody? I mean really. All fucking around aside, are you ever nice to anybody? Name a thread you weren't a complete asshat in. Please. I beg of you.
Do realise that you call other people children on a forum and yet your avatar says "Sex". Woa. Really fucking mature.

looks like the verdict is in
Old 10th June 2003, 06:22   #177
scorn

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
and nevrsun, you confuse me, what is it exactly that is keeping you from leaving here? Perhaps I will find out in teh "windude, cnn" thread. I'll go look.
Because neversun = neko, and despite protestations, neko can't leave this place alone
Old 10th June 2003, 06:24   #178
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

I don't think so. Look at the evidence.
Also, the cookies are nice, but I still challenge Germ to a duel.
Pistols at dawn.

Old 10th June 2003, 06:55   #179
Reaper
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by scorn
Because neversun = neko, and despite protestations, neko can't leave this place alone
Odd how when Kim(neversun) posted, neko was playing Zone of the Enders. How do we know he was playing? He had his webcam up on his site displaying images from the game.

ml_iPod - [Homepage] | [Forums] | [Wiki]
Old 10th June 2003, 06:56   #180
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

It's obvious. Scorn is a genius. YOU FOUND THEM OUT!!!!
GAAAAH!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Old 10th June 2003, 09:22   #181
apollos
Forum King

neversun, what could we possibly do about ****** being put on the censored lists? If you want it removed, surely talking to Steve would solve your problem than moaning and moaning here?

As regards to the comment about General Discussions not being a community: How the hell can you talk? You come in here twice a year posting random replies when a few members get upset and cause up a stir then you dissapear.

I know as well as you that all the many members that post here would not come here just for the sake of causing trouble or causing problems. Quite a few of us actually enjoy each others company and find it nice to sit down and relax with some healthy debate, or having a smile at some randomly funny thread ethan posts. You may not feel that this is a community, and fair enough we do have problems here, but what place doesn't? I will use neversun's word in saying, yes there are 'trolls' here from time to time, but where isn't there? Most of the time we are fine here and everyone is happy. If you want to be a grown up and be treated as such, find the appropriate moderator and voice your discontent there rather than insulting every member under the face of the sun because you feel that you've been hard done by.

neversun, I'd be pissed off too, but insulting the whole of Winamp for a few individuals actions is just not on mate.

Ok, that's my bit.
Old 10th June 2003, 09:56   #182
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
Odd how when Kim(neversun) posted, neko was playing Zone of the Enders. How do we know he was playing? He had his webcam up on his site displaying images from the game.
I think it was the other way around
Old 10th June 2003, 10:34   #183
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

This thread is still alive? Surely no better testament to free speech.
Old 10th June 2003, 10:51   #184
apollos
Forum King

Hey you changed your CT Will, nice one
Old 10th June 2003, 10:54   #185
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

I move with the times
Old 10th June 2003, 11:00   #186
apollos
Forum King

when you gonna get a good avatar then?

*hides*
Old 10th June 2003, 13:17   #187
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
never!= neko, but neko has postes using that name, and admittied it. check a few pages back. "and now you can ban be for beining neko on neversun's laptop" won't she have a nice supprise when she wakes up, i'm sure she'll haev a nice e-mail for all of you" (or something along those lines)
Old 10th June 2003, 14:47   #188
Germ
rules all things

My avatar isn't immature, Fickle. How in the world is sex immature? It's Human nature. If I put Breathing as my avatar, would you call that immature too? And as for the duel, no thanks - I'm going on vacation!
Old 10th June 2003, 15:15   #189
Raz
Forum King

As usual the big steaming turd prevails.

Old 10th June 2003, 15:34   #190
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
I'm baaaaaaaacccccckkkkkk!!!!

Well, I left pretty much after my last post yesterday evening, and although I've been around for a few hours already today, I thought I'd let this thread run a little to see what the outcome would be.

First off - I love the way this has turned into yet another "The moderators rape newborns while microwaving small kittens and pouring sugar in your gas tank" thread.

@neversun (and the first paragraph, to a certain extent, AngelPHiSH) That aside, I object to being judged as a collective, rather than for my own actions. That applies both in and out of the forums. For a person that wants each individual case of banning judged by it's own merits, you are being slightly hypocritical, don't you think???

Despite what you suggest in your PM to me, this has nothing to do with what I think of you as a person. From the beginning I simply tried to offer an explanation as to why the listed members had been banned from the forums. But if you have some personal problem with what I say or how I act then by all means, go with it...

So, to address the problem at hand - it has already been explained time and time again, exactly why the members in that list were banned. The argument that they were perfectly entitled to retaliate against the forums is rediculous, the simple reason being that if I woke up tomorrow morning to find that my account had been banned, I would be faced with two choices:[list=1][*]Make an attempt to find out why my account was banned by e-mailing or otherwise contacting the appropriate people. After all, assuming that I felt that such action against me was not merited, the cause could be accidental, it could be a screw-up in the database, or any other of reasons (for example, someone that had issues with me could have accessed the mod CP and fucked around with my access masks... )

or
[*]Think to myself, "fuck this for a game of soldiers, I'm going to be as disruptive as possible". [/list=1]
I'll be the first to agree that the fact that notification about the initial bannings was delayed did not help matters. But the fact remains that a leak was found in the system, and the plug was pulled on all possible sources until the matter could be somewhat resolved. This would be the action of any computer administrator, regardless of the context, and I don't see why an apology should be made for maintaining the security of each members account in these forums. As soon as the hue and cry had died down, an explanation was given, both by myself, and by Tom, but many people had steered their own courses by then.

Adil, with all people have to say about him (including me, at times), at least had the common sense to take option #1 first, before trying to stir up a shitstorm:

Quote:
hey man, just came to forums a while ago and found no forum categories... totally empty, just like if I was banned.
I dont see ny reason why I'd be banned, I have posted much lately and especially nothing offrules nor did I get any warning from anyone.
can you pls check that for me.
There is a huge difference between breaking the rules, and pushing them to their limits as some sort of statement or protest against the way things are done. To say the least, it is reckless, irresponsible and immature, and makes it very difficult for anyone to believe that the people concerned posess the maturity to redeem themselves. Had they pointed out examples of why actions against them were unfair, then people might be more willing to listen to them. as it is, their credibility is shot to shit. Also, complaining that these forums are not what they once were is hypocritical to say the least, as this behavior is nothing more than contributing to that problem.

Regarding neko - seeing as the focus has shot to him recently - well by his own admission he (backed up by the webserver logs), accessed the moderators control panel by deliberately going in through a moderators account. While in there, he disabled adils access masks, (funny how the "my ego is bigger than yours" competition has carried on between these two for so long), unbanned rm's account, amongst other things. Even as a moderator, if I did that, I'd be on the receiving end of a ban before the morning.

And let us not forget that neko had received warnings God knows how many times in the past, from various moderators, and as far as I remmeber was on the receiving end of a temporary ban. So no, I don't think that the actions of the moderators were in any way out of the blue in his case. The flame-fest between himself and Adil has been commented upon many times in the past.

Regarding what happens backstage. The fact of the matter is, you have no idea what is and is not discussed there - instead you are forming an opinion based on two out of 567 threads back there. I haven't seen an instance yet where a moderator has "done his own thing" without receiving a bollocking for doing so, or at the very least, an explanation being requested. Any complaints by members to Steve have been reflected in a post backstage demanding an explanation. The fact of the matter is, we have to painfully explain each and every aspect of common sense and acceptable behavior because if we miss one single point, people will claim that it was not covered in the rules and therefore they shouldn't be punished for it. Which is rediculous really, in a forum full of (supposedly) competent people.

In my own personal experience, my mother didn't teach me too much, except perhaps leave the seat down on the toilet, and wash my hands before dinner, but my dad did give me one important piece of advice - if you are going to debate something, make sure that a) you know what the hell you are talking about, and b) discuss it like an adult. Comments like:

Quote:
we ban the cunts we dont want in the channel, Read the charter, were allowed to, its a private chatroom not a public forum kthnx
and
Quote:
Doing the wrong thing", applies more to Not sucking the admin off, then breaking the rules,
would seem so suggest that some people are incapable of both. In other words, the thing you sit on is called your arse. The joint half-way down each one of your arms (short of some unfortunate accident/thalidomide/some other horrible thing) is an elbow. Try, for the sake of those of us who have had (and may have in the future) to put up with such childishness, to figure out which one is which. In the meantime, unless you're damn sure of what you're saying, SHUT UP, AND RESEARCH YOUR FACTS.

So in the words of someone else, if you want a summary of the rules, here it is: DON'T BE A DICKHEAD. That is all; use common sense, don't be a troll, and keep the forums clean. These are the forum rules. If you don't agree with them, you can leave or refuse to register an account. If you break any of these rules, then you will be asked to leave. It's quite simple. And accounts will not be reinstated just because that member has the biggest fan club preaching from on high about how wronged this person was.

(I'm sorry if my tone offends anyone (else), but this is beginning to annoy me...)

Like my photography? Buy some here....
Old 10th June 2003, 15:44   #191
Germ
rules all things

I clap for you Ethan.
Old 10th June 2003, 15:57   #192
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

is that going into the yearbook?
Old 10th June 2003, 16:00   #193
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to J. Burnaway
Quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
You really need a better hobby than watching webcam feed of neko play Zone of the Enders
Old 10th June 2003, 16:05   #194
Merlin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
(Forum King)

Yeah, this topic is kinda tired. So is the all the "this place sucks / the mods suck / somebody must give a shit" thing. I don't care. Stop complaining, people.
Quote:
Originally posted by Raz
...the big steaming turd prevails.
Quote:
Originally posted by ethan_h
, nice timing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
I move with the times

as he faced the sun, he cast no shadow
Old 10th June 2003, 16:41   #195
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Ethan: You quite literally pwn us all.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 10th June 2003, 17:26   #196
apollos
Forum King

Quote:
Well I suppose it beats "Honey, I'm home..."
Old 10th June 2003, 19:16   #197
Reaper
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Burnaway
You really need a better hobby than watching webcam feed of neko play Zone of the Enders
Who says I was watching? He was giving out the link in #*******.

ml_iPod - [Homepage] | [Forums] | [Wiki]
Old 10th June 2003, 22:02   #198
neversun
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by will
Ethan: You quite literally pwn us all.
'suckle suckle suckle'
Old 10th June 2003, 22:04   #199
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

will pwns me. so does gonzo. they share. ethan_h only gets me on the weekends though.
Old 10th June 2003, 22:08   #200
neversun
Banned

Quote:

Well, I left pretty much after my last post yesterday evening, blah blah blah blah..
yeah

To be totally honest, the only reason im here is to protest the addition of naoneo to the bad words list, as your blocking many users sites.

The rest i do, just to be a bitch, and if you dont like it?, deal with it, we have to deal with Germ.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions