Papadoc: I concur. We need chicamod!

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 10th June 2003, 21:57   #82
Bizzeh
Forum Pirate
Beta Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Germ
Will is my hero. Bizzy D - I didn 't think you could be any more retarded, but you have proven me wrong once again. Good job with the whole cock sucking thing! It looks to me that you are kind of turned on by the thought of that. Would you like a video or something?
if your willing to make a video yeah, ill have it..
and i see you have shut up about the dosing, because you know, i know, EVERYBODY KNOWS that it isnt posible to dos anyone from a 512k connection
Old 11th June 2003, 04:42   #83
jarsonic
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jarsonic
Bizzy: actually, for the record, Germ never said you DOS'd. THEMike did. Who is not germ.

...and, no, neversun, #nullsoft is not one big brown-noseing orgy. sorry.

- `jars

do justly | love mercy | walk humbly
Old 11th June 2003, 04:53   #84
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Quote:
Originally posted by jarsonic
...and, no, neversun, #nullsoft is not one big brown-noseing orgy. sorry.

its much simpler. just a circle jerk, that's all. (i couldn't resist, sry, )
Old 11th June 2003, 05:34   #85
jarsonic
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jarsonic
Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
its much simpler. just a circle jerk, that's all. (i couldn't resist, sry, )
hahaha nah.

- `jars

do justly | love mercy | walk humbly
Old 11th June 2003, 06:36   #86
s0be
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to s0be Send a message via AIM to s0be Send a message via Yahoo to s0be
what's this #nullsoft thingy you guys talk about?

s0be

And On that day, the Lords of the land said unto their Master Architect, "The temple you have made to the gods of Wasabi and Maki has brought us no great prosperity" and they sent out him into the lands.

As he traveled to a far off land, he found he wasn't traveling alone, but that he had gained companions, and when they found their new land, they started work on a new temple, one that would be OPEN to all who wanted to worship.

from The Book of Wasabi C 12 Vs 09 (pg 2003)
Old 11th June 2003, 08:18   #87
zootm
Forum King

it would appear to be an IRC channel. not one i frequent, to be honest.

speaking of IRC, i don't see why people take it all so seriously. i remember bizzy_d repeatedly trying to kick me because someone else kicked him, and he assumed it was me. foolish. but no, it does seem to get tensions high. which, for a nearly-24hr spamfest, is a bit rich.

no more asking. zootm is now telling you how it shall be:
bizzy_d: don't portscan people. DOS or not, it's not polite.
germ: just. be. quiet.
mods: please unban naoneo since it seems to have some continuing use here
everyone: chicamod is required.

i need to sleep more

Old 11th June 2003, 08:39   #88
s0be
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to s0be Send a message via AIM to s0be Send a message via Yahoo to s0be
just on a side note... (this thread seems suficiently derailed for it to be appropriate)

I've been here 2 years ?!? I did not realize that. I should probably have a higher post count than I do... oh well

s0be

And On that day, the Lords of the land said unto their Master Architect, "The temple you have made to the gods of Wasabi and Maki has brought us no great prosperity" and they sent out him into the lands.

As he traveled to a far off land, he found he wasn't traveling alone, but that he had gained companions, and when they found their new land, they started work on a new temple, one that would be OPEN to all who wanted to worship.

Old 11th June 2003, 13:28   #89
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Quote:
Originally posted by jarsonic
hahaha nah.

- `jars
wait....it's not! I'ev been violated! Bilbo and ethan_h have some 'splain to do.

/me goes and cries in the corner

Old 11th June 2003, 14:16   #90
MetallichicA
Forum Queen

Send a message via AIM to MetallichicA

Why is everyone pimping me suddenly?

Neversun - sick. Just sick. You seem to have the feeling that your job here is to insult anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with you. Don't bring me into this when you don't even know me. I could start spouting random insults just like you're doing, but it doesn't get anyone anywhere. Plus it really doesn't advance whatever point you're trying to make (which I don't think you have one anymore, you're just here trying to piss people off at this point. Good job, you're doing just fine).

Germ - really, please back off a bit. Obviously all you're doing is provoking people. I'm sure it's all a big game to you, and perhaps you don't think people should take you seriously, but they do. And in the end, you're really making things worse. And you know that. I just can't understand why you would do it.

Dlink, you had me literally laughing out loud with that last comment hehehe
Old 11th June 2003, 14:19   #91
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
wait....it's not! I'ev been violated! Bilbo and ethan_h have some 'splain to do.

/me goes and cries in the corner

e'squeeze me?????

Like my photography? Buy some here....
Old 11th June 2003, 14:19   #92
THEMike
Bastificator [Alumni]

Lets firstly get one thing straight:

#nullsoft is not in anyway related to the forums.

An individual's standing in #nullsoft is based on earned respect, time served in the channel, position on the beta list and who they know.

Some forum mods in #nullsoft are respected. Some get /kb'd as often as strangers. Some friends of mods get abused as much. Some friends of @nullsoft.com get /kb'd too. I've even seen steve banned (briefly he has an O:Line)

#nullsoft has a certain 'attitude' we don't tolerate idiots (not calling Bizzy_D one in this sentance), and we like to /kb a lot for fun. I get /kb'd. Germ gets /kb'd. Everyone does. But mostly in good humour.

Now, a lot of us in #nullsoft are long time internet users, and take great offense at things like people port scanning us. Now, Bizzy D may have 512kb upstream, but Germ was knocked offline several times. Germ has a 2mbit connection, so the assumption initial was a 2mbps flood must be required to knock him offline.

How Bizzy D's port scanner could push 2mbps on a 512kbps connection is an interesting question. Whether it was 2mbps or some lesser amount, the fact remains that bizzy d was port scanning people in #nullsoft, and knocked germ offline.

He claims in here now he was looking for IRC servers. Not what he said earlier.

Quote:
[16:06] <Bizzy_D> (looking for sql servers for a mate)
So he's port scanning the whole internet for SQL Servers for a mate for pressumably nefarious needs.

Let's look at the facts:

1) He's port scanning
2) He's port scanning for SQL Servers to hack
3) He's port scanning people in #nullsoft
4) He's port scanning people in #nullsoft and knocking their connections down

I think that is a valid reason to do a vindictive /kb. Mostly we /kb for a 'joke' I even have a macro to /k and optionaly /b iMike of deskmod. But what Bizzy D did constituted a valid /kb punishment.

How would you feel if Bizzy D was using the forums here to get IP's to port scan you guys? (Yes, I know, he's not a mod and thus can't get the IP logs but...)

Ok now let's address me being a mod here.

I posted backstage a long time back that I was too busy to mod at the moment, but would try and return real soon. Then I posted a lot later when it was apparant that I'd not likely to be returning, and could be de-modded. I have not been demodded however.

I read the forums very occasionaly when prompted by mods etc to give my opinion. I also post occasional tech info in the dev forums, for example I was permitted to release the new SDK's for the 2.9x stream fo winamp 'unofficialy' on the forums etc. So I guess I still hold my mod priv to deal with those posts a little.

My being a mod doesn't mean there is one 'slot' that I am using that prevents someone else being a mod. vBulletin supports a limitless number of mods, and a limitless number of mods on each forum.

The very worst thing me being a mod could mean is that I go mental and delete all your stupid posts. Or someone attacks my account. Or someone mistakes me for an active mod and PM's me.

Either way, I don't mind being alumni anyway.

"Beer?"
Old 11th June 2003, 14:23   #93
THEMike
Bastificator [Alumni]

And finaly!

People object to germ coming in here and having 'attitude' with you.

Remember, he has no power.
Remember, he is not taken seriously in #nullsoft either.
Remember, if he asked craig to ban a user from the forums for calling him out, craig wouldn't do it, he has no power over you.
Remember, he talks no more shit than the rest of you.

Perhaps he might not get smacked down in here by the mods visibly, but be aware if he steps out of line, he is dealt with in #nullsoft where it would really hurt him. Banning him from here wouldn't do shit. He wouldn't care. But getting shit in #nullsoft would hurt him.

Oh and by the way, he once (at least) licked out his girlfriend's ass. So if you respond to every post he makes with ass licker, he'll soon get upset and go cry.

"Beer?"
Old 11th June 2003, 14:28   #94
Germ
rules all things

That's gold. hahahah
Old 11th June 2003, 15:50   #95
s0be
Major Dude

I actually meant that in a more "where would I find this #nullsoft place". I guess it's more of a "if I were welcome, I'd know sort of thing." And I most certainly did not want to start a flame war. Of course I could. hmmmmmm....

s0be

Old 11th June 2003, 16:08   #96
neversun
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MetallichicA
Neversun - sick. Just sick.

blah blah blah

you're just here trying to piss people off at this point. Good job, you're doing just fine).
why thankyou, i aim to please.
Old 11th June 2003, 16:11   #97
THEMike
Bastificator [Alumni]

Quote:
Originally posted by s0be
I actually meant that in a more "where would I find this #nullsoft place". I guess it's more of a "if I were welcome, I'd know sort of thing." And I most certainly did not want to start a flame war. Of course I could. hmmmmmm....

s0be
Anyone can come in. Just if we get flooded with lamers from here you'll get klined and banned.

If you have mirc you'll be able to use this link. If you know IRC you'll be able to figure it out from this link. If you can't, then you aren't welcome:

(edit: on the other hand, it's easy enough to find the location, I just don't want to make it that easy for the GD Trolls to come troll in there)

"Beer?"
Old 11th June 2003, 16:11   #98
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Quote:
Originally posted by neversun
why thankyou, i aim to please.
Really? So do I.

Well, wouldn't want to not follow protocol or anything, so you can consider this your first warning

Troll again, and you get a temp ban

have a nice day now

~ethan_h - your happy happy moderator....

Old 11th June 2003, 16:19   #99
neversun
Banned

lol, you may as well just permanently ban me now, before someone hits me up with rm.txt to post eh? it's been what youve waited for since the first anti-nullsoft post i made anyway, aint it 'a reason to remove her' well go ahead buddy =)

As for you chica, my post was aimed at will only, so dont be so damn paranoid.
Old 11th June 2003, 16:20   #100
Hollywood
Outsider (Alumni)

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Send a message via Yahoo to Hollywood
HAHAHA! Germ an asslicker? Why wasn't I informed. That is priceless. Watch out Craig. I'd sleep with one eye open if I were you.

Harold "Hollywood" Martin
hmartin@gmail.com
Old 11th June 2003, 16:24   #101
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Quote:
Originally posted by neversun
lol, you may as well just permanently ban me now, before someone hits me up with rm.txt to post eh? it's been what youve waited for since the first anti-nullsoft post i made anyway, aint it 'a reason to remove her' well go ahead buddy =)

Old 11th June 2003, 16:34   #102
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by MetallichicA

Why is everyone pimping me suddenly?
because ever since that zoot suit pic of me bilbo made of me got deleted, i've had to up my pimp factor with other sources.

Old 11th June 2003, 16:35   #103
neversun
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ethan_h
-lame pic-[/img]
wow ethan, mature.
Old 11th June 2003, 16:39   #104
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

pot... kettle.... black????

Old 11th June 2003, 16:43   #105
neversun
Banned

just ban me you fucking dickhead
Old 11th June 2003, 16:46   #106
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

I'd say it's time to end this now,
as it's also run its course, serves no purpose,
and is going nowhere!
Old 11th June 2003, 16:47   #107
Hollywood
Outsider (Alumni)

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Send a message via Yahoo to Hollywood
I'll second that papadoc.

Harold "Hollywood" Martin
hmartin@gmail.com
Old 11th June 2003, 16:50   #108
neversun
Banned

urmom
Old 11th June 2003, 16:52   #109
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Seems someone got there first

Gonna miss the pissy-fits though....

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions