Old 18th January 2004, 23:57   #41
DrO

do you mean as a menu?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2004, 00:15   #42
DrO

One Click Show & Hide v1.1

* adds support (in single-click mode) to bring winamp to the front if not active and not in the tray
* altered the dialog code so now changes are applied instantly (helps me test as well )

download v1.1

i've still to get the double-click version working for the 'bring to front' option (taken a while to get the code correctly handling in single-click mode even though the final code is really simple )

-daz
Old 19th January 2004, 03:20   #43
Rellik
Major Dude

Interesting idea, kinda like the way the volume control works. something like this photoshlopped job I just made:
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2004, 15:10   #44
Urtho

Quote:
Originally posted by Rellik
Interesting idea, kinda like the way the volume control works. something like this photoshlopped job I just made:
[Image]
Yeah something like that though that may be a bit obtrusive at smaller resolutions...

Even if it was all text like the rightclick menu would be cool, and the addition of the wianmp volume is a good idea.
Urtho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2004, 17:54   #45
Rellik
Major Dude

actually, the box is exactly the same size as the volume control, just turned on it's side.

Too me it's not much wider than a context menu anyway, and it should behave like the volume control, click all you like in the box, but once you click away, the box will disapear.
Old 19th January 2004, 18:25   #46
DrO

@Rellik: <3

that's good! now i know what's meant i can work on something

-daz
Old 20th January 2004, 01:55   #47
EdgeOfEpsilon

Send a message via ICQ to EdgeOfEpsilon Send a message via AIM to EdgeOfEpsilon
Wow, the new version rocks. Now it behaves exactly like it should! A+ DrO.

Hmmm... how about just an option to keep the context menu open after you click on something, and possible make a right-click on the systray open one of the sub-menus, (Play, Bookmarks, Options, Playback, Visualizations, Skins, Colorthemes, Skin Options)? I would think that would be an easier modification (or have an option on which to use (Menu style or Panel style)).

Awesome job, DrO. Another intuitive and feature-complete plugin from the Plugin Masta.

sfx
EdgeOfEpsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2004, 05:52   #48
WHEREamI
Major Dude

*bu-bump*

I suddenly found that i wanted this exact feature, so i dl'd, and it works (almost) perfectly. As usual, great job DrO

One thing though, if you feel like tinkering with an old toy

The double-click protection seems a little long to me. Would it be possible to have it based on the Windows double-click speed setting, or alternatively have a slider to set the min delay time?

Often, i just want to show WA for a meer second, but frustratingly, WA doesn't go away when i click the second time.

[pre-post edit] Hmm. after further testing, this seems to be related to the bring to front setting, and exascerbated by WA's always on top setting. [/edit]

works alright as-is though, so, only if you feel like it.

~WHEREamI
WHEREamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2004, 17:19   #49
GqSkrub
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to GqSkrub
Quote:
Originally posted by Rellik
Bluecave Winamp Slider does this, but you might find yourself preferring the hotedge capability anyway.

only downside is the 5$ registration fee
bluecave slider is one of the best plugins of all time. Right after DrO's plugins.

No sig here folks.
GqSkrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2004, 18:54   #50
DrO

WHEREamI: the thing is actually related to the way the code works in that the windows are showing/hiding on a single/double-click a number of times (twice at most). that's the only way i found to make it work in all cases. so the delay is related to winamp not processing the messages fast enough. if i can i'll see how to improve this.

anyway i need to add in the extended menu interface to the tray icon (been a bit pushed for time due to JTFE) will see what i can do over the next few weeks

-daz
Old 14th June 2005, 12:30   #51
Baffy

This is an exelent plugin DrO, thanks!

But can I be a bit cheeky and request a extra feature?

I'd like it so that when winamp loses focus it auto hides.

The reason I use winamp, media library and playlist to cover the whole of my screen and use your great 'one click' toggle it. So when I change to another program it means I'm done changing my playlist and don't want it visible any more.
Normal with 'Always on top' you can't see the program I'm changing to. And without 'Always on top' winamp gets stuck behind other on top progs (trillian, etc..)

Hope you can sort this out and it isn't too much of a pain.

Cheers, Baffy.

p.s. your time restore plugins great too!

Last edited by Baffy; 14th June 2005 at 13:00.
Baffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2005, 13:10   #52
DrO

it may be possible to do that, it'll be a good month before i can properly look into it though since i'm tied down to the jtfe project for at least the next month (and other winamp duties). hopefully it should be an easy(ish) thing to add in tho when i get the time...

-daz
Old 14th June 2005, 13:12   #53
Baffy

Ok, No problem

Cheers for the reply,
Baffy
Old 10th September 2005, 13:31   #54
DrO

One Click Show & Hide v1.2
  • Added the option for Winamp to be minimised when another program becomes the active window (provides a 50ms - 2000ms timer for tweaking of this)
  • Re-worked the preferences dialog and naming of the options to be a bit easier on the eye
  • Updated and cleaned up the code especially any common code
download v1.2

Adding in the minimise on loss of focus has been a real pain to do but it seems to work ok now for me in a number of different test configurations. I hope it works ok for everyone else since i spent almost a day trying to implement it without breaking anything else.

-daz
Old 10th September 2005, 15:45   #55
mrym

please see pic first.

activate other window, then click tray icon.
then click icon again to minimize winamp.
then click icon once again...
funny thing happened.
i kinda like it though...

[ot]if you have spare time, i would like to see this improvement. [/ot]
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2005, 15:47   #56
mrym

oops, sorry forgot attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: png pic.png (24.7 KB, 243 views)
Old 10th September 2005, 16:06   #57
DrO

that's a bit weird that and at the moment i'm not even sure what would be causing that, heh (one to look into i think)

as for that other one, i need to do a few other things to make sure it will work correctly with/without text scrolling for that to work

-daz
Old 10th September 2005, 21:44   #58
Baffy

Thank you Dr.O you are a winamp GOD!

It works just how I wanted it to

sorry to put you through all that bother.

Another happy(ier) user; Cheers,
Baffy
Old 10th September 2005, 21:52   #59
DrO

that's alright, i'm just happy it does work

-daz
Old 13th September 2005, 21:31   #60
DrO

One Click Show & Hide v1.3
  • Added global hotkey options for on/off, toggle single/double click mode and toggle minimise on loss of focus
  • Tweaked the preferences handling to work better with the new global hotkeys
download v1.3

-daz
Old 14th September 2005, 18:39   #61
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
This is great Dro! You're the master.

I think something cool would be too add support for Global Hotkeys to actual maximise/minimise Winamp from the system tray. Or is this already posible, and I haven't look properly?
Squadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2005, 20:03   #62
DrO

One Click Show & Hide v1.4
  • Added global hotkeys for the bring to front config option and a show/minimise Winamp option
  • Fixed a crash bug when the preferences was open and Winamp was then closed
download v1.4

Squadman: hope the 'UI: Show / minimise Winamp' hotkey is what you're looking for

-daz
Old 14th September 2005, 20:38   #63
Squadman

That's great! Thanks!

But I have a problem. The first I think is a bug. This didn't happen in 1.1, which is what i've upgraded from, but...

If you have Winamp Minimised, then a track ends, and goes to the next one, a little box appears in the bottom right corner of my desktop, with my Winamp skin on it. You can move this around, and if you maximise it, that box will open Winamp.

Basically, after a track finishes, I can see Winamp minimized. If that makes sense.

EDIT: A clean install didn't fix things. Just though i'd try it :X

EDIT 2: It comes up when I use my global hotkeys to change track. It comes up with all of them :<

It definetly version 1.4, as i've uninstalled it, and it's fine.

1.3 didn't do this.

EDIT 3: Sorry to do this! But, I was wondering if there was any way you could implement something so, when Winamp is maximised, if you right click anywhere on the desktop, it doesn't minimize and stays up even though you've right clicked, because 'Minimize Of Loss Focus' is on? The right click box doesn't even cover it, and it minimizes!

Doing things like clicking the start bar, also minimizes it, and it's a little annoying sometimes. Something like only when new windows are opened, it minimizes, not like Windows Explorer things...

Last edited by Squadman; 14th September 2005 at 21:40.
Old 15th September 2005, 14:00   #64
DrO

sounds a bit like the issue myrm was having a few posts up (i can't reproduce it unless it's say an XP issue or some form of desktop utility/tweaker causing it) and i'm not sure why 1.4 is showing it when 1.3 didn't for you since the only changes i made were adding in the 2 extra hotkeys to the main window handling and nothing was altered in the existing logic.

i'll have to see if there's some weird style setting or something causing it to happen.

as for the request, i'd have to look into it but i think the code i have in my mind should possibly work for it though doing specific windows checks could cause other issues so i'm not sure. is one i'll look into as time permits since i need to really think over the issue you and myrm have pointed out... so i may try to do some v1.5 alpha builds to try things out

-daz
Old 15th September 2005, 16:03   #65
Squadman

Sounds good, thanks.
Old 15th September 2005, 22:00   #66
Squadman

Just to note, i've realised it definetly only happens when 'Minimize Loss Of Focus' in on.

And yes, it's exactly what 'myrm' is having. Just looks like that. Except I don't like it, it's annoying :<
Old 16th September 2005, 03:02   #67
Mr_Sako

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Sako
hasnt the system tray icon always been one click to bring up the window
Mr_Sako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2005, 06:00   #68
Rellik
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Sako
yes, but try clicking it again to hide Winamp.
Old 16th September 2005, 17:34   #69
mrym

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
(i can't reproduce it unless it's say an XP issue or some form of desktop utility/tweaker causing it)
the only desktop customize app that i'm using is tclock. even if i disabled it, still have same problem.
tested with clean installed wa5.1lite. my os is w2k sp4.

winamp pref > genral pref > show winamp in: taskbar unchecked, system tray checked.
o,c,s&h settings is the same as pic that i attached above...

why do people call me myrm?
Old 16th September 2005, 17:41   #70
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by mrym
why do people call me myrm?
typing too fast and not proof reading first could be why, oops

ah, maybe the lack of a taskbar icon could be it then i can't re-produce it on this win98 machine but i know win2k/xp act a bit different to win9x with regards to the taskbar and window styles so you never know... will see what i can find out tonight when i get home

-daz
Old 17th September 2005, 15:18   #71
DrO

i've partly managed to re-produce the issue though all i get is the breif glimpse of a window and it then disappears straight away for me and i have to make winamp show/minimise a few times quite fast. so at least it's not you guys going mad

-daz
Old 1st October 2005, 10:34   #72
Squadman

DrO, when UI: Show Maximise/Minimise Winamp global hotkey is on, and Winamp is set to be shown in the taskbar, not the system tray, you can minimise it, not maximise it, once it's on the taskbar.

Can you reproduce this?
Old 3rd October 2005, 13:24   #73
DrO

confirmed. not too sure what's going on, i bet it's a message conflict somewhere since i know that mode was a pain to get implemented in the equipment

-daz
Old 4th May 2006, 16:27   #74
kaon

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Sako
I am a long time Winamp user but suddenly, when winamp is minimised/hidden-behind, single/double clicking the systray icon doesn't do anything!
Has anyone got this?
I'm not sure what change caused it, because I didn't notice it right away, not sure when it started, but I just bought a new mouse... Logitech MX518.
Any ideas?
I've tried Dro's "one-click" 1.4 and 1.1 and they both don't work right for me... they sorta do something but often winamp is still stuck hidden behind.

Is this a known issue?

I've always preferred to use only systray icon, no taskbar button.

Thanks
kaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2006, 16:36   #75
kaon

Another thing I noticed...
Winamp doesn't appear in my alt-tab list! Not sure if this is normal, or if this has something to do with my show-winamp not working... i think i'll reinstall winamp.

edit:
still the same after reinstall. I give up. I am going back to taskbar button after abt 4 yrs of using the systray.

Last edited by kaon; 4th May 2006 at 16:55.
kaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 00:12   #76
jph6t
Major Dude

mrym's One Click Show & Hide bug

DrO,

I am having the same issue with v1.4.1 of One Click Show & Hide that mrym posted on 9/10/05.

It took me a while to find a means to replicate, but the below will do it every time ...

I am running:
  • XP Professional
  • Winamp v5.24 w/ Classic Skin
  • One Click Show & Hide v1.4.1
  • My Winamp 'General Preferences' for 'Show Winamp In' match mrym's
    ... configured ONLY to show in the System Tray
  • My One Click Show & Hide configuration also matches mrym's
    (see attached screen grab)
  • Just like mrym, I too am running TClockEx in my system tray, but I have replicated this bug with and without TClockEx running
To replicate the bug:[list=1][*]Open an instance of another application
(fyi ... I've already replicated using either Notepad, IE, or Explorer
... so I don't think it matters what the app)[*]Click on the System Tray icon to Maximize Winamp[*]Bring the application opened in Step 1 into focus
(can do this via the Taskbar, Alt-tab, or by clicking on the window while it's in the background)[*]Minimize Winamp (either via the System Tray icon OR the minimize button in the main window) BEFORE the timer automatically minimizes Winamp due to loss of focus.[*]Attempt to maximize Winamp via the System Tray icon
... Winamp will NOT maximize as it should[*]Right click on the Winamp icon in the System Tray
... This should replicate mrym's error[/list=1]
Note: In Step 4, if you allow the timer within One Click Show & Hide to minimize Winamp based on lost focus this bug will not occur, and One Click Show & Hide will continue to work as expected.

Further weird behavior:

After Step 6 above (i.e. after right clicking the System Tray icon) ...[list=1][*]Minimize Winamp by clicking on the System Tray icon[*]Maximize Winamp by clicking on the System Tray icon
... Winamp will maximize behind the other application window[*]Repeated clicking of the System Tray icon will minimize/maximize Winamp behind this other application window
- (And if you have the other application windows in the taskbar, and Alt-Tab while in this condition, those other applications will be added to the layers that are placed above Winamp while it is maximized)
- (If instead you closed the window above Winamp, the next window under Winamp will take it's place)[/list=1]
Please let me know if I can provide any other information.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ocs&h preferences.jpg (22.6 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by jph6t; 30th September 2006 at 00:46.
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 06:13   #77
jph6t
Major Dude

One Click Show & Hide bug #2

DrO,

I'm sorry, I do love your plugins ... but I 'broke' One Click Show & Hide again.

My system configuration is the same as posted above with one change ...
I was playing with the configuration of One Click Show & Hide.
(See attached screen shot)

The minimize function works only intermittently. I notice no pattern to when it works. On average I would say it works every 25th try or so. The bring to front and maximize capabilities work fine.

The curious thing about the bug, is that if I uncheck "Bring to front" in the configuration window ... the plugin works fine, minimizing and maximizing Winamp as expected.

Please let me know if I can provide any other information.

Note: I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the plugin. This had no affect on either of the bugs I'm experiencing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ocs&h preferences #2.jpg (22.4 KB, 174 views)

Last edited by jph6t; 30th September 2006 at 06:30.
Old 30th September 2006, 11:53   #78
DrO

i've not had a chance to properly read through your posts though i will make one comment, most of the issues with the plugin have in general only been xp system related and since i don't have a main install where i can properly develop and test on (my vmware xp install is too slow most of the time to even try to do such things) means it's going to take a while to look into said issues but i'll try to as soon as possible but no promises though.

-daz
Old 20th January 2007, 01:07   #79
psycho_maniac
Major Dude

i have version 1.4.1 and when i have the minimize when not in focus option once in awhile my hot keys will not work i use F7 to bring winamp to front and i have to click on the icon to bring it to front then my hot keys will work again.
psycho_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 16:32   #80
jph6t
Major Dude

One Click Show & Hide v1.4.3

DrO has released One Click Show & Hide v1.4.3

This new release offers no new functionality or fixes other than improved
compatibility with newer versions of Winamp ... specifically unicode.

Still an issue with this version of the plugin are the previous logged:DrO has speculated these bugs only occur for XP users. So if anyone replicates these bugs on a platform other than XP please post your information here for reference.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion