Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Old 26th November 2003, 17:43   #1
nifti

All of niftis feature requests and wishes in one post!

I've got some wishes to make the Winamp 5 experience complete:

1. "Play and Enqueue" - in the right-click menu in the Media Library. So I keep my current playlist but play and add the song/album/artist I select from the Library..

2. Save the playlist directly to the Library - If I'm gonna start using the Library's playlist managment I have to be able to in a fast easy way save the playlist which I've added one or some new songs to. Like there is a "Open playlist from Media Library" tab there should be a "Save playlist to Media Library" tab with all the Media Library playlsit easy accessable for updating. So I don't have to reimport hte playlist after every change.. Another way of solving this problem is to make it monitor a selected folder with playlists or porhaps even better monitor single playlist files to automatic reupdate!

3. Automatic Sort - I think there should be an automatic sort feature so when a new file is added the new file will sort up together with the files already present(which I tend to sort by title). Also the sort menu should porhaps be updated with By Track Title, Nr, Album, Genre, etc.

4. "Most Played to finish" - Since I'm so lazy I have a big playlist with my favourite songs and tend to just press next until I get to a song I'd like to listen to. So I think there should be "Most played to finish" right under the "Most Played" tab. It could be called "Most played complete" also, or whatever..

5. Song rating system more accessable - The current songrating system is WAAY to unaccesable, first of there should be a song rating tab in the menu when you right-click a song in the playlist with a sub menu with 1-5 or stars or whatever is the "winamp standard" and in the Media Library there should be an easier way to rate the songs, kind of like in iTunes(I know this has been wished before, if not on the wish list, please add this..)

6. Backup/Restore library song info - There should be an easy way to backup/restore song ratings, most played etc. statistics into a single file for when you format and such. And a reset button should also be added..

7. Volume with mouse wheel in systray - It would be kinda nice to be able to change volume in winamp without opening the window. Other features can be added like scrolling the playlist when turning the mousewheel over the systray icon.

Also, what happened to smart playlist like in iTunes, it seams removed from the wishlist, but I can't find it anywhere, help please! If I could I would delete the other posts with these wishes but since I'm not allowed to edit hte posts more then 180 minutes after posted I have to leave them where they are, admins, feel free to delete them..(I think the 180 min rules should be flushed..) I thought that it would be easier to get overview of them all this way.
nifti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2003, 20:55   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

"smart playlist like in iTunes"?
I've never used iTunes and never will, but can you be more specific?
I'm pretty certain that this feature is already in Winamp 5.0rc8 and then some...

#1 is already in the official wishlist
#3 I don't understand
#4/5/6 will be dealt with in 5.01 and later methinks
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2003, 23:46   #3
nifti

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
"smart playlist like in iTunes"?
I've never used iTunes and never will, but can you be more specific?
I'm pretty certain that this feature is already in Winamp 5.0rc8 and then some...

#1 is already in the official wishlist
#3 I don't understand
#4/5/6 will be dealt with in 5.01 and later methinks
And what about the most impostant one #2!? The only thing I've got a problem with with the mdeia library is the playlist management..

#3 means that it will sort the songs in the playlist automatically, without you choosing to sort them after title everytime you add a new song..

"Smart playlist like in iTunes" means that winamp generates playlists with songs that follow certain criterias, like they have to have four starts and have playcount of 4 or more and be in the genre Rock and the playlist can be a maximum of 98 songs for example.. Is this possible with winamp 5.0rc8? I'd be very happy if it is!
Old 27th November 2003, 03:25   #4
nifti

Ok, here's a new wish:

Being able to put the Customizable views in sub-directorys - So you can have a Genre "folder" with all the different genres as sub-views.. This Genre "folder" can of course be opened and closes, prefferably with a +/-..

Really useful this one, for me atleast..
Old 27th November 2003, 04:51   #5
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

That's also in the official wishlist:
Media Library -> Folding menus/sub-menus/trees in left pane

Re: smart playlists
Yes, what you suggested can be done

Library -> Top Rated
Right click columns header -> customize columns -> add "genre"
Search query = query:(genre==rock)
Play

You can also create your own local media views at any point
by using the awesome Query Builder, then all you have to do is either right click the new view in the library left pane, and select play/enqueue, or Playlist -> File menu / Manage Playlists button -> Open Media Library View Results...

And of course, you can also delete any self-made/temp view later.

Other methods are to search in artist/album view, then refine the search (needs enabling in Prefs), etc etc . . . work it out, lol.

Expect much much more (including #2) in future 5.x releases.
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2003, 17:38   #6
nifti

One more:

"Play in active playlist" - So if you choose a song in the most played songs list and have it in hte active playlist it will play it as if I'd pressed it in the playlist.. So it doesn't reenqueue it just play the song and mark the already present song entry in the playlist as playing.. I hope you understand what I mean..

DJ Egg Great! I'll check that out right now, I really am eagerly awaiting winamp 5.1!!
Old 30th December 2003, 01:16   #7
nifti

Here are a couple of new ones:

8. Play in playlist or enqueue - If I double-click a song(or right-click and choose this option) in the media-library and the song is already in the current active playlist it won't clear the whole current playlist instead it will play the song already in the playlist

9. "mood" tagging of songs(in the media library) - I don't want to change the genre to able to do this, I've tried dividing the songs in "moods" by specifying certain ratings to certain moods but it always get's messed up after a while... Would be nice to have mood views.

10. Save the playlist directly to the Library - If I'm gonna start using the Library's playlist managment I have to be able to in a fast easy way save the playlist which I've added one or some new songs to. Like there is a "Open playlist from Media Library" tab there should be a "Save playlist to Media Library" tab. This way I don't have to reimport the playlist after every change to a playlist.. Another way of solving this problem is to make it monitor a selected folder with playlists or porhaps even better monitor single playlist files to automatic reupdate!

11. Automatic Sort - If I have the playlist set to sort after title and a new file is added, the new file will sort up together with the files already present). Also the sort menu should porhaps be updated with By Track Title, Nr, Album, Genre, etc.(Guess this is Winamp3 style 'sort' options, but not sure, ditched winamp3 completly so I don't know..)

12. Volume with mouse wheel in systray - It would be kinda nice to be able to change volume in winamp without opening the window. Other features can be added like scrolling the playlist when turning the mousewheel over the systray icon.

13. Minimize to tray but maximize to the taskbar - When minimized it'll only be visible in the tray and invisible in the taskbar and when maximized it'll be visible in both.

iPod Specific

I'll just take the most important one, the rest are here if interested..

Playlist support! - It would be nice to be able to just drag and drop "views" to the iPod it will be added as a playlist on the iPod.

I've checked the official wishlist and don't think I've re-wished anything from the list, if so, let me know, or don't it'll just add a unneccessary comment to the thread..

I readded 10,11 & 12 because they aren't in the official wishlist and if this is intentional I'd like to know why..

EDIT: Added 13, not superimportant, but would be nice to have..

Last edited by nifti; 30th December 2003 at 01:48.
Old 30th December 2003, 21:13   #8
Spazz333
Major Dude

The mood view is easy to do. Just use the comments box in id3. I'm using that for a mellow tag so I don't get any really fast music when I'm just relaxing.

Spazz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 23:14   #9
nifti

Quote:
Originally posted by Spazz333
The mood view is easy to do. Just use the comments box in id3. I'm using that for a mellow tag so I don't get any really fast music when I'm just relaxing.
Yup, that is a way, but I'd like it to be more easily set up..

The iPod feature request is the most important one..
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist