Old 3rd October 2006, 15:19   #1
maxs

Send a message via ICQ to maxs
Bluetooth Stereo Headset support

I have a wireless bluetooth stereo headset (SonyEricsson DS970). I have already paired the headset to my computer with USB dongle, but have no results with listening music. Based on sombody's explanations on the forum, the haedset should appear in Winamp audio output. But I checked it there is nothing new here (Preferences -> Plug-in -> Output).

Please explain how to set up my Bluetooth Stereo headset to listen Winamp remotely. May be some "plug-in" is required

System Info:
- Winamp 5.3
- Windows XP Professional SP2 (Bluetooth driver is part of the Windows XP, I didn't isntall bluetooth driver additionally)
- Bluetooth USB dongle AirMate (no additional drivers, only drivers from Windows XP)

I forsee the problem with Bluetooth version or Bluetooth driver. Probably installing Bluetooth driver from Wincomm will solve the issue, but I don't want to chhange driver because Microsoft Drivers already works fine with my mobile and float's agent. Please help or explain.

p.s. I checked the forum with "bluetooth" keyword and didn't find correct explanations.
maxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2006, 16:44   #2
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

try preferences-->plugins-->output-->directsound

configure

then the device at the top of the window..

thats my best suggestion, not many people have those headphones(i can't see them sounding too crash hot, since bluetooth is sssssllllllooooowwww)
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2006, 16:58   #3
maxs

No, this doesn' work.

I checked the preferences-->plugins-->output-->directsound -> configure -> device.
There are two devices:
- 01. Primary Sound Driver
- 02. SoundMax digital system

Both dosn't work with my bluetooth headset.

I think the problem is with Bluetooth, not with winamp. I don't have much knowledge about bluetooth, but it looks like there are several "implementation" of bluetooth which are not compartible to each other and/or do not support required profiles.
It looks like MS WinXP standard bluetooth driver there doesn't support bluetooth headset profiles and that's why bluetooth device is not in the list above, but I'm not sure.

Does somebody know for sure?
maxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 18:41   #4
CharlyValentino

thanks

i just signed up to say thanks ROCKER

i was desperated

your sugestion was perfect

CharlyValentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 20:30   #5
maxs