Old 25th January 2012, 00:23   #1
Whytefang

CLAmp.exe help?

So I'm looking to write some Java code to control my winamp through what my users want. So far, I have everything working. However, CLAmp.exe (what I'm using to control winamp) isn't cooperating.

I'm calling this line:

code:
process = new ProcessBuilder("C:\\Users\\awef\\workspace\\MusicBot\\CLAmp.exe", "/PLSET " + mostVotes2).start();

To open CLAmp and call the /PLSET XX function. However, it tells me it's an unknown option! If I remove the +mostVotes2, causing it to use just "/PLSET", it tells me that it requires and argument.

I've tried using CLAmp v1.15, 1.13, and 1.11. Does anyone have any suggestions? D:
Whytefang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 00:10   #2
RichPasco

Hi,

I have used CLAMP 1.15 with success for some time now, but recently,
when I invoke "clamp /start" I get:

Unable to start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Un" (error 2)

Of course the correct location for Winamp.exe is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe

I am using Winamp 5.666 under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

How can I get "clamp /start" to start winamp.exe instead of the non-existent "Un"?

- Rich
RichPasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 00:18   #3
DrO

technically there shouldn't be any reason that i'm aware off for it not to be able to run Winamp, though due to the age of it, it could just be that CLAMP doesn't work well anymore for whatever reason.

though i would suggest you consider looking at the command-line options Winamp natively supports (using winamp.exe /?) and see if what you're trying to do with CLAMP is able to be done with Winamp natively. and if it cannot, if you can say / show what you're using with CLAMP, there's a fair chance it could be added natively to Winamp.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 00:52   #4
RichPasco

Thank you--it works!

Thanks, DrO. Until I read your post, I was unaware that Winamp had added native command-line options for everything I used to need CLAMP for, since I first wrote my script using CLAMP. I have now re-written it to call Winamp natively instead of via CLAMP, and it seems to work perfectly. I am very happy.

- Rich

Last edited by RichPasco; 13th June 2014 at 01:06. Reason: Update
Old 13th June 2014, 01:14   #5
DrO

rightio, that's good to know it's working ok with direct usage instead of via CLAMP (as what was implemented was based off the WaCommand syntax and a few other tools) so it's good to see someone able to remove the need for an external program to do things (as the increased command-line support was added when i didn't think there was going to be any more newer Winamp releases and thought it'd be helpful for some possible 3rd party options which would still be able to be done with what was going to be the 'final' version).
Old 13th June 2014, 01:20   #6
RichPasco

I just noticed something strange. It's not a show-stopper, as I can work around it, but I am curious.

If Winamp is not already running when I invoke it from a command shell window with simply the word "winamp" on a line by itself, then command returns immediately to the command line while Winamp loads. However, if I invoke it from a script (.BAT file) with the word "winamp" on a line by itself, then the .BAT file stops executing and waits for me to close Winamp before going on to the next line. This is under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. The solution seems to be to use the Windows command "start" like this:
code:
start "title" winamp.exe
Old 13th June 2014, 01:40   #7
DrO

that's to be expected as the simple bat file action will wait for the Winamp process to end before it continues which is not going to happen unless you close Winamp. so using 'start' makes sense (and is essentially the same as what CLAMP, etc would be done when running the Winamp process).
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support