Old 21st October 2010, 20:53   #1
Stinger947

Send a message via AIM to Stinger947
Question Compilation Support?

Does Winamp support Compilation tagging? I have so many albums that include various artists.

Apple allows for these mix albums to be grouped under "compilations". Is this possible on Winamp?
Stinger947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 01:12   #2
Stupifier
Major Dude

Currently, it does not appear so. My artist list is therefore flooded with Artists each containing 1 song from some random Soundtrack/Compilation album. Nobody really cares to see that entry in their artist list. Currently this is a very sore spot in the Android market because NO APP out there currently supports compilations as Apple does.

This would be a high selling point for Android Winamp to get ahead.
Stupifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 01:27   #3
keithforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupifier View Post
currently, it does not appear so. My artist list is therefore flooded with artists each containing 1 song from some random soundtrack/compilation album. Nobody really cares to see that entry in their artist list. Currently this is a very sore spot in the android market because no app out there currently supports compilations as apple does.

This would be a high selling point for android winamp to get ahead.
+1
keithforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 19:46   #4
Sava333

I'll +1 this request as well. Either a compilations setting, which is not ideal, or sort by Album Artist tag setting.

I think this would be better overall because it's how I have WinAmp set up so I can see all my soundtracks and whatnot while also being able to see who actually played which song.

I realize the compilation setting helps with this, but on the iPod this takes the artist out of the main list and puts it under 'Compilations' the Album Artist setting would keep everything in one spot.
Sava333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 19:44   #5
antihero.

Aye I think Album Artist grouping by default support would be utterly fantastic.
antihero. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 22:56   #6
bigvikesfan

+1
bigvikesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2010, 10:41   #7
RobFreundlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by antihero. View Post
Aye I think Album Artist grouping by default support would be utterly fantastic.
I think I have a workaround for this - I was using a directory structure of Artist/Album/Song, and had the same problem. So on a hunch, I switched to AlbumArtist/Album/Song, and now my albums are grouped by Album Artist.

It's not ideal, since it means restructuring your entire tree and re-syncing everything (which failed for me - see other threads about USB sync freezing every N songs, so I had to do a Windows file copy instead), but until the built-in Media Library (which WinAmp appears to be using) gets AlbumArtist support (or WinAmp puts a layer on top of Media Library), this is better than nothing.
RobFreundlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2010, 11:56   #8
joebloggscity

also separate for podcasts, anything that is marked as "Genre - Podcast" should be separate and we should have the ability to replay from where last left off.

that would be great.
joebloggscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
android, compilation, compilations